• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

May' Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread vs. 'May the Flowers Be with You!'

Ds

Bluelight Crew
This thread is for anyone who wants to get or is staying sober. Everyone is welcome to post in this thread. Please adhere to the Bluelight User Agreement and Sober Living Forum Guidelines

Thread for April

I hadn't noticed if there was May thread yet, if not here it is! if it's somewhere else then I must have over looked it...
Anyways!

Wow!! May!!!, if the month of April brought you showers, then let the month of May bring you flowers! :)

Just wanted to say that I have completed the treatment program that I was in for over 8 months, and now I have a job working there! It feels great now to carry the message to other addicts and alcoholics that want to try this new way of life.

My sobriety date is August, 22nd, 2016. and I will be damned if another mans or woman's actions gets me fucked up.

Welcome to a power greater then yourself!

Last edited by a moderator:
So a bunch of my shit was stolen after I moved like a month back or so, and I ended up doing some retail therapy to deal with the event, getting myself an iPhone. Last night I broke down and ordered a case with the following design on it (I altered it a little bit TBH, this is their official logo and what I'll have is marginally different):

NSFW:
harm-reduction.png

Best phone case ever, no? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The syringe kind of makes me cringe because I used to shoot dope like the shit was going out of style. maybe if she were riding a condom wearing penis that was comming? i could chuckle about that one. haha

sucks abunch of your shit got stolen, thats the 1 thing that i think about when living in a halfway house type setting, like i'm sure if you were like less then a month clean and saw me on my galaxy 8, you would want to fucking steal it. i mean i'm almost 9 months and if i see someone on a galaxy 8, sure the thought would go through my mind of wanting to steal it. i don't have to run on my thoughts today lol.

I'm about to head off to my home group, hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

TPD, that design is fucking hilarious. The cowgirl looks like she's having good clean fun.

And vlsol, how are you feeling? I hope not too ragged. <3

^ Congrats CH! Me too. Almost 2.3 :)
So far so good!

Last edited:
TPD, that design is fucking hilarious. The cowgirl looks like she's having good clean fun.

And vlsol, how are you feeling? I hope not too ragged.
24.gif
I just got out of bed due to the RLS and was feeling bad. Then I put on music and now I'm really really happy 8o
I'm also moving to another town really soon.
How are you holding up simco?

Music is so fucking key during withdrawal :) it's amazing how easy it is to overlook this!

Vlsol, that's awesome that you're moving soon. I'm getting ready to do the same thing. I know it's commonly said that you can't move away from addiction. But I think a fresh start will surely be helpful (for any of us), even if it doesn't cause the heavens to part or whatever.

Yeah, keep it up w the music. I'm with TPD: good music is key to recovery--during acute WDs and afterward.

Keep it up, man!

Last edited:
That phone case is hilarious i had no idea you could get phone cases like that ....i need a new one this one i have now has weird rubber on the corners and pulls my hair when i talk ...i hate it ...

Wow May already i started my detox journey in March it seems so long ago but not so long at the same time ...

You can get a case made with any image you want on it - it's a little pricier than a normal case, but such is the cost of mass consumption :)

Failed tonight. Ran into an acquintance and couldn't turn down being offered buprenorphine :(.
I hope I can find the inspiration to get back on my track.
I wish everyone the best weekend!

You can always get back on track.
It's totally up to you!
You know you can! ;)

Failed tonight. Ran into an acquintance and couldn't turn down being offered buprenorphine :(.
I hope I can find the inspiration to get back on my track.
I wish everyone the best weekend!

Don't feel bad. Even with over 2 and a half years, I don't know if I could say no to it. I really don't want to find out. I'd rather never encounter it ever again.

I'm teaching a class tomorrow , any suggestions on what a good topic would be? Recovery related

HALT (the most basics of self care) is practical and always a good and well received/vanilla (uncontroversial) topic among the abstinence only crowd.

I guess the question would be, what setting is the class in? I mean, I assume it's a rehab setting, but what type of group/topic/focus is it supposed to be?