• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Mixing risperidone with marijuana.

gezzybezzy

Greenlighter
I was wondering about any potential effects of interactions between eating edible weed products while on risperidone.My father is 77 and has severe Alzheimers. My mother is his carer. He has been on Risperidone for 2 years as prescribed by a doctor (one pill of 0.25 in the morning and the same again at night) and my mother has additional oxazepam (30g) tablets to give him only as needed should he get aggressive. Mum ideally wants to replace the oxazepam and test to see if weed edibles instead will help him be calmer and a bit happier. It has to be edibles as he would never ever be willing to smoke. How would weed and risperidone mix?Shes just starting, and currently just got a stick of 1.5 grams of strong 'bush' weed and is putting it into 100g of butter to make weed butter that will go into about 7 cookies.

(I myself am not a user so i'm unsure of any incorrect terms). Thanks in advance.

risperadone is a dopamine antagonist and weed in edible form can be very overwhelming to intolerant users.

i would make very weak edibles if you really insist.

it would be similar to mixing seroquel and weed which doesn't have much interaction i think. it would just fog up the weed high

risperdal makes all drugs suck, i was court ordered to get the shots for a while.

welcome gezzy, not qualified to say for sure if edible cannabis is right for your gramps but IME risp didn't interfere with the herb effects. i can't link anything specific now but recently was reading a study about cannabinoids being looked to as a treatment for alzheimer's. in general this stuff can be taken with a grain of salt but it isn't the first time i've read about it so there may be some potential there.

sorry to hear about it, it's very trying to have a parent suffering from cognitive decline, especially when it's as extreme as alzheimer's. hope you are able to find positive effects in cannabis for him, remember that it may come as a shock to him since he may not be lucid enough to comprehend what is coming. edibles are tough to dose since there isn't much buffer space between too little and too much. the effects can last 6+ hours but with a comfortable environment and family on hand it can be a relaxing ride. if it causes unease then the oxazepam should come in handy, either way read any related case studies that may be available and better to work up finding the threshold dose than dose too high off the bat and cause adverse effects.

I find Colorado beginner candy jewels to be my favorite. Since each package is only suppose to have 100mg in it, the beginner candy is 10mg thc each. From my experience, you can dial yourself in easily with them. Shit, split one piece and have roughly 5mg, or dissolve it in "X" amount of the proper liquid and micro dose. Just start very low, if there is any question.