• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health What antidepressant has worked for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First one I tried was Fluoxetine (Prozoc) which gave me horrific mood swings like hyper manic one hour (which I kinda liked lol) and then suicidal the next hour (which obviously I didn't like), and I could never sleep on it either, so I stopped it.

So I changed to Sertraline (Zoloft) which made me extremely angry to a point where I was close to smashing up my own house for no reason what so ever! So I stopped this too lol.

Then I changed to Mirtazapine (Remeron) which I find very good. It makes me eat more and Im skinny too so I need to put weight on (ive gained 2st (28lb)). It also makes u sleepy so its a very good insomnia/sleep aid. They say 15mg makes u more sleepy but im on 45mg (max dose) and that makes me sleepy so I disagree with the 15mg hypothesis. You take Mirtazapine at night becuase of this btw.

It's also reduced my depression and anxiety to a manageable degree.

So basically Mirtazapine can kill multiple birds with one stone IMHO

EDIT: Mirtazapine is a NASSAs class Antidepressant (They're probably the newest type of AD's but don't quote me on that lol)

Thats intreseting. Mirtazapine made me very very depressed, I got huge anhedonia where I didnt get pleasure from anything.

Best combinations for refractory anhedonia & biological depressives (with traits like derealization which is severe anxiety) appears to be broad spectrum combinations.

SRI + TCA (Nortriptyline, despiramine)
SNRI + Geodon or Mirtazapine
MAOI + TCA (Nortriptyline)

Basically you want 5HT2A & C antagonised, and you want alittle 5ht1a agonism thrown in there along with SNRI, and perhaps DRI actions.

Zoloft + Nortriptyline is a personal favourite because it behaves as a SNDRI (once zoloft reaches 200+mg it becomes an SDRI)

I gave up on using psychedelics & street drugs to treat it.

edit

For me, zoloft definitely helped or at least lifted my depression a little not so much with anxiety. and wellbutrin helped. The thing with SSRI's is it can take up to MONTHS to figure out the right dosage/ get it to start working. it's surely not an instant fix and the thing with these types of meds are its not like you consciously notice them working or not right away from the immediate response where as something like adderall or a benzo, its more so you will maybe look back on an encounter and realize "oh i couldn't have done that as calm before i started taking so and so" most times, I think a lot can be helpful its just people are not patient or they don't realize its not gonna abruptly effect you right away noticeably. EDIT*** also all of that is just my humble opinion. of course everyone is different. also, most meds like this have side effects but again usually once the right dosage is found and after a week or two those side effects will subside.

Last edited:
Yes, I took wellbutrin for about a month as well. it definitely worked, however the mixture of that with adderall (because I do take adderall during school months/exams/work) it really wasn't worth it so I went off of it (welb)

I honestly can't see the merit of this thread. There's no reason to not try what your doctor thinks is best. Having one or three positive experiences with a particular medication really doesn't mean anything. PM me for details or if you think of a more useful topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.