Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cannabis and psychosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwintwo2

Greenlighter
Hey guys so I'm my past I have used cannabis about three times and mostly loved it with no negative effects the first two times however, the third time which was yesterday, I ended up having a powerful delusion where I thought this guy was watching us while we were smoking. Full story here - http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/821034-Weed-delusions?p=14023835#post14023835
If possible please read this link - it has some important details - now I still can't tell whether this guy was real or not but my friend did confirm he heard someone say something where I saw him but didn't recall seeing anyone peering over at us (where we were is kinda hard to explain so that may come across strangely). This reaction was completely unexpected and I had an anxiety attack as a result. I have no family history of schizophrenia but there is bipolar, addiction (and anxiety/depression which I have had in the past) I do consider myself a very axious person and it may have just been a panic attack however when my body tingled, my vision was in a way similar to a colourful version of a static TV.
So my question is do u think I should lay of the weed completely or just take it easy and do it only on occasions. I also forgot to add that the weed was SUPER potent and I smoked a lot from a bong with zero tolerance. Thanks guys any answers much appreciated.

Oh yes and one more thing, is it possible that it was to do with the strain? And does anyone have a method to help with my anxiety as I am very on edge since yesterday (I have some pure CBD hemp oil on hand)

Last edited:
It's paranoia... Some call it a paranoid psychosis, really its just the drug trip and how it vibes with your own beliefs about the world, your surroundings, and how your body is reacting to stimuli that you're aware and unaware of, and how cannabis modulates this sensory input type of effect. I wouldn't worry so much- but if it's causing enough worry for this thread, I would personally think this comes from anxiety(at least when I've been through it), and here's the thing, cannabis can and will trigger this hyper-aware/anxiety state time and time again in individuals with our chemical makeup. You don't need to necessarily pledge you will never smoke again, just perhaps go back to the drawing board and treat it more seriously. Just smoking up outside, for a laugh, with mates or mates' mates, maybe its not the proper setting/environment for what you need to surround yourself with whilst stoned/getting stoned. Try it by yourself, indoors/about your property at a time you know no one will bother you, and see how you react. Because someone very well *may* have been watching you smoke up, the thing about weeds taboo-ness is that people think it gives them the right to pry into your personal space when they see you smoking. So maybe you just need a more comfortable setting? Remember, smoking up is for pleasure/recreation but also has medical effects, controlling your setting and environment until right before you get stoned just might be exactly what you need.

If the extreme anxiety and paranoia happens again, then you've answered your own question. It might just not be for you.

Thanks so much for this reply. It has explained a lot for me. I think what I must do like you said is just stop rushing it the way I have and take it at a different, more relaxed but perhaps a little more cautious way in a calmer, safer environment. Cheers

replied on other post :) as g0to said, if the paranoia happens again you'll know, however maybe don't try it alone incase something happens (rare) and you freak out again, get a mate your comfortable with

I forgot to add. That body tingle with the slight visuals/visual snow is just a side effect that goes along with the anxiety. I believe it's because cannabis lowers blood pressure (not sure of the specifics) while the anxiety/impending anxiety attack tends to spike heart rate. Combined with, say, getting up too quickly from a chair or from sitting cross legged on the ground, can lead to that type of effect. Nothing serious. The only thing that would make me say you shouldn't further try to get stoned is if you have a past history of seizures. And yes re: The strains, a high thc strain has much more of a chance of causing this reaction simply because it gets you higher overall. A strain hith in cbd kind of balances out the thc high effect(antagonizes/competes in a less potent form for the same receptors as thc). If you have access to bubble hash(aka "rock hash", aka water hash), that is known to be higher in cbd due to the curing process as well as the type of plants it's usually made of. So perhaps that would be a nice one to try as opposed to skunk (high THC low cbd cannabis)

Sorry to be contrary, but i would not be too worried. I can remember the first time i got stoned. It was probably about the third time i smoked. I distinctly remember being convinced that the fellows i was watching on the opposite side of the road to where i was sitting were police that were about to bust me. Of course they were not.

Oh ok yeah I think I was smoking high thc with rlly low cbd but unfortunately do not have access to any oils or extract atm ? But will certainly keep an eye out. Maybe I could use some cbd oil to counteract the anxious effects.

Godwintwo2,

Cannabis has changed over the years. I myself can have varied experiences with it and i have smoked and vaporized and ate quite a lot of the stuff.
Its all about the CBD/ THC ratio, the THC is the main psychoactive part the CBD counteracts it and levels out your high making it less 'Trippy'.

Personally i always quite liked a decent bit of morroccan hash which supposedly can contain around 5% cbd, however nowadays you can get CBD oil as mentioned above.

Lets give you an example.

Lemon haze :
Strain Highlights
Lemon Haze has been characterized as smelling of fresh peeled lemon slices with a similar taste. Its buds appear to be green and yellow with amber hairs on the trichomes,
giving it the yellow tint. This strain's THC has been measured at about 15-20% with a CBD of 0.38%.

Thanks for this info, after I probably finish this batch with CBD oil after a big break, I'll look out for a strain with a higher CBD content but can't help but notice the effects sound very similar to weed laced with PCP. I know this is extremely rare but has anyone experienced this before? So I reckon I'm going to give it a shot with the CBD oil and then if i still get the same problems I guess I'll have to get rid of it.

No one laced the weed. You just used very strong cannabis.

It's very common to hear similar stories reported where the user does not have much experience with cannabis. Add a strong Sativa to the mix and its freak out central.

^ agreed.
I had really intense paranoia from strong bud when i first started smoking, but i get high regularly with no problems whatsoever these days.
Strong weed really requires a fair bit of tolerance for it to be enjoyable, in my opinion/experience.

I'm going to close this thread as it's basically a duplicate of the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.