• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Quitting Lexapro/SSRI after one months usage, been using it before.

Frontal_Cortex

Greenlighter
Hi there.

Ive used SSRI on and of from I was 13 - 14 to 29. The last 5 years i used a very non-significant dose. Because that helped my not feel dizzy. From 29 - and to now. ca 6 years. I have been completely off. But the last months Ive been working on a very complicatet project - desperately I thought - why not try som SSRI's again. They will help me out of my despair. Had big problems with concentrating. The for one month i used one pill 10mg a day - and i really felt it worked wonders with my concentration. Tried to quit cold turkey, wich went very well for one week. Then i felt the dizziness come back. And I am now on my selvmade OCD-like downtrapping plan with 2.5 mg a day.

The question is.. Has anyone experienced something like this diziniess after such a shorterm usage? Im kind a thinking this is all inn my head like some noocebo thing. But.. I wonder?

Regardly!

Last edited:
If you suspect it's in your head, it might be.

SSRI's have never made me dizzy, and I've gone on them and off them several times in the past (I used to have trouble staying with my meds).