• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

seizure.

isaaccain

Bluelighter
Today in English class a friend of mine who I'm very close with and am basically in love with just broke out into seizure. She's not a drug user and has only even taken pills once but someone please explain why this happened. I have no idea why this might have happened because she has no medical conditions that she's aware of, but she was very stressed out about a party. If you really must have this relate to drugs then hey, I just took 500mg of codeine

Can she really have a seizure because of stress?

No, she's not epileptic, if she was she'd know by now, but I saw this on that page you linked me:

'Non-epileptic seizures (called pseudoseizures) are not accompanied by abnormal electrical activity in the brain and may be caused by psychological issues or stress. However, non-epileptic seizures look like true seizures, which makes diagnosis more difficult.'

I think she was just stressed

Last edited:
are you her mom? how do you know what she is or isn't.. how do you know she only took one pill ever? I know a few people that are epileptic and you would never guess or know, just rarely would have seizure. party stress seizure? I wish I had that kinda stress ;(

are you her mom? how do you know what she is or isn't.. how do you know she only took one pill ever? I know a few people that are epileptic and you would never guess or know, just rarely would have seizure. party stress seizure? I wish I had that kinda stress ;(

Chill the fuck out I know she doesn't have epilepsy because I fucking asked on the phone while she was in hospital getting fucking MRIs and tests to see if she had a fucking brain tumour or some other problem. Since I've never known her to have a seizure before I was naturally curious to see if my baby had a medically debilitating, life threatening and life altering condition, and I know she's only ever taken pills once because she took her first pill like 2 weeks ago at a party, not that that's even fucking relevant.

And to nuttynutskin (great username), please expand on what you mean by "That pretty much says it all.", I'm too busy mothering my loved ones to stop and figure it out for myself

What are you her doctor? A lot of people have problems that they don't know about. What's so hard to understand about that?

There are several variables as to why your friend may have had a seizure. Most commonly if there is no pre-existing disorder/conditions, or use of drugs , lack of some essential nutrient may be the reason. As for codeine, I highly doubt that would cause an seizure of any kind

right ok good nutrient deficiencies thanks, sorry if I seem overly certain that she's not epileptic but I'm just going off of what she's told me. Sorry if I got upset or something I didn't mean to. She said as far as she's aware she has no pre existing conditions that might cause a seizure, which is why I was asking. She sould be out of the hospital tomorrow and then she can tell me for herself

she has a heart condition incase anyone's wondering, I found out today