• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Should I candy flip for the first time at some festival?

Mixedberries

Greenlighter
In august I'll be going to <<some festival>>]] and was planning on candy flipping one of the days. I am experienced with lsd and can handle it pretty well. I've done it about 12 times and 2 of those times I took 2 tabs then took another a few hours later. I get gel tabs which are usually very good lsd and have a good dosage, probably around 100ug. On the other hand I have only experienced mdma 2 time. The first time it was moon rocks and it tested as pure mdma. I had a great time and was able to handle the roll with no problem at all. The second time I didn't test the moon rocks and I'm not sure if it was mdma or not because it wasn't as good as my first roll but I was still in control of the high. I have experienced lsd in public few times, but was still fine and knew what was going on. Both times on mdma were in public (Disneyland and a rave) and I wasn't acting like a goon. So now I want to try a candy flip. I plan on doing 1 tab of acid early in the day, then taking the mdma when the peak ends or some time during the plateau. Any tips? Would it be a bad idea to try for a first-time at <<some festival>>?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody can really tell you what you can or can't do.

My advice to anybody would be to ensure that they are well acquainted with the chemicals (or combinations thereof) in question, and to get them tested. There are a lot of dodgy RC's going around on blotters which would certainly be dangerous to mix with MDMA. Also the second time you took MDMA you weren't sure it was MDMA or not, which you would really need to know, irrefutably. There are so many drug testing facilities available in the west now - use them and know for certain what you're getting is what you think - or at the very least invest in LSD/MDMA testing kits.

I'd also take into account what kind of festival it is. Some festivals are more rough than others, and you don't want to pick up/experience any bad vibes. Psychedelic trance festivals are generally perfect for LSD, but I wouldn't touch it at most of the mainstream ones. There are extra precautions to take into mind at a festival; even something as simple as a sudden change in music style or weather can put a dramatic twist on your trip.

That said, candyflipping is an incredibly beautiful experience and usually absolutely perfect for festivals. I find that it's better and more hedonistic to take the LSD, and then to take the MDMA just as the peak subsides. This is very dose dependent though. For stronger trips I find it best to take the MDMA at about the four hour point, but for lower doses you probably want to take it at roughly the 2-3 hour point.

This should be fine, provided you follow the usual advice: Take less LSD than you normally would, take less MDMA than you normally would, and reagent test both drugs before you take them.

This should be fine, provided you follow the usual advice: Take less LSD than you normally would, take less MDMA than you normally would, and reagent test both drugs before you take them.

Yeah I was thinking about taking half a tab instead of a full tab and 1 point of mdma. Half a tab will give me a great body high without the altered perception on life. I just don't want to be antisocial while I'm high but I feel like I could over come that.

I'd also take into account what kind of festival it is. Some festivals are more rough than others, and you don't want to pick up/experience any bad vibes. Psychedelic trance festivals are generally perfect for LSD, but I wouldn't touch it at most of the mainstream ones. There are extra precautions to take into mind at a festival; even something as simple as a sudden change in music style or weather can put a dramatic twist on your trip.

I wish more people would give this recommendation. Your surroundings can so effect the way your trip/roll goes and generally young people are very unaware of the dangers.
Do this kind of stuff when you are in a safe place, with just one or two people you can trust.

Yeah I was thinking about taking half a tab instead of a full tab and 1 point of mdma.

Sounds good. I've candy flipped several times at several festivals, and I'd say this is roughly the ideal dose for a first-timer who's already experienced with both drugs.

Update: the candy flip was amazing. It was like a whole new experience. Would definitely recommend to any one that's experienced with both substances

Update: the candy flip was amazing. It was like a whole new experience. Would definitely recommend to any one that's experienced with both substances

I'm glad to hear it. :)

How did you dose/time it, and what happened?

How was the dose being that low? Never heard of anyone even getting real visuals off of 100mcg

The acid was approx 80-90 ug. I just had a great body high with slight visuals and I noticed my thoughts were definitely sped up. I took the tab at 2pm, was peaking by 3pm, then took 1 point of molly at 7pm. By 7:15 I could tell I was starting to come up and by 7:30 I peaked. The molly definitely amplified the visuals and overall mood. All the lights were leaving rainbow colored trails behind them and every thing just felt so amazing. It didn't feel any thing like the two drugs when taken alone, it was better. If I had to describe it in one word I would say PLUR or ORGASMIC lol

The acid visuals were simple, certain things had a ripple affect and colors were very bright.

Peaking in an hour? Sure you had LSD? Usually takes 3-4 hours unless you eat a strip.

Either way, you got the amazing experience right. Probably the best drug combo out there

I always test my acid because one time I got 25i and I didn't want to get that stuff again. The test showed as lsd, all my lsd trips take about an hour for the peak to start (unless you take 4 tabs then it will be like 30 minutes). With 25i the peak takes about 2-4 hours to begin after ingestion, it took almost 3 hours with my 25i experience. Many of my trippy friends would agree that they peak in about an hour, but everyone is different so that could be a factor.

I didnt read these answers, but from my experience if your doing it for first time dont take as big dose as you would take these on their own. They boost eachother alot. and you should first eat lsd wait for it to come-up and drop mdma around 1.5-2hrs into lsd so they would peak at the same time.

^on that note I'd warn on having them peak together. I hadn't had it happen until this past weekend which was mostly just coincidence due to the timing of events going on.

Usually would take LSD and chill on that for a while, usually the first half a day at a festival, and then drop the MDMA about 3-4 hours in just after the LSD peak.

This weekend they landed together in the peaks and I'm pretty damn good at holding my shit together but honestly it was borderline unpleasant. Still enjoyable but it put me in a really weird headspace and will be trying not to let them peak together in the future.

Side note: this was on a pretty decent dose of acid - around 600ug which would be a lot for most people obviously and had a pretty hard time seeing for a while when they peaked together. Would have been fine if I took the LSD an hour earlier.

^on that note I'd warn on having them peak together. I hadn't had it happen until this past weekend which was mostly just coincidence due to the timing of events going on.

Usually would take LSD and chill on that for a while, usually the first half a day at a festival, and then drop the MDMA about 3-4 hours in just after the LSD peak.

This weekend they landed together in the peaks and I'm pretty damn good at holding my shit together but honestly it was borderline unpleasant. Still enjoyable but it put me in a really weird headspace and will be trying not to let them peak together in the future.

Side note: this was on a pretty decent dose of acid - around 600ug which would be a lot for most people obviously and had a pretty hard time seeing for a while when they peaked together. Would have been fine if I took the LSD an hour earlier.
600ųg, damn. Highest I ever went is 350ųg without other drugs combined and that had me right on the edge of what I find comfortable. Can't imagine taking 600ųg and combining that with MDMA with them peaking both at the same time. Would be too much for me I'm sure. I generally don't need a high dose on psychedelics though, except psylocibin

Yeah, it was definitely a little more than I wanted.

Also take that with a grain of salt because the tabs were supposed to be 100mcg each. I've always used top rated vendors on the DNM and had very consistent experiences with 100-110ug tabs both tripping and microdosing. 600ug was my guesstimate based on previous trips with 500-600ug from a variety of highly rated sources.

I took 1.5 tabs this past weekend and, like I said, could barely see at the peak with massive visual distortion. I was planning on dropping 4 tabs which is my typical candyflip dose but got warned from a friend (luckily) who tried it ahead of time. He has done 10 strips and was absolutely floored by this stuff on two hits.

Sorry for the rant, still a little mind blown from the experience haha.

I'm planning on candyflipping soon. What's good timing to have a really nice mdma roll as I don't want the L to over power the mdma. I still wanna have all the love from mdma. Shall I dose the mdma about 3 hours in?

I'm planning on candyflipping soon. What's good timing to have a really nice mdma roll as I don't want the L to over power the mdma. I still wanna have all the love from mdma. Shall I dose the mdma about 3 hours in?

Yeah about 3-4 hours is good depending on the acid dose. If I drop 300mcg, I find the 3 hour mark works well. If it's more in the 400-500mcg range, then closer to 4 hours ime