• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Magnesium question

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
I'm taking high dose magnesium for back pain/neuropathy but my body isn't too pleased, its giving me bad diarrhoea and bloating/cramping. I guess I should ease into it.

The question is whether I will come to tolerate the laxative effect and if titrating up will help me become accustomed to it. At this stage, I'm basically unwilling to take it even though I think its helping. I find stomach and bowel issues fuck with my mental state immensely.

I'm told to dose it 3x a day. The first two days of this were pretty uncomfortable. Even one dose a day gets me flowing uncomfortably.

Thoughts from any gurus with insight are welcome.

You need to try the chelated glycinate form mate. Your body will absorb the magnesium much more efficiently and no diarrhea :) There are many different forms of magnesium that work differently depending on what it is you are taking it for. Go with a chelated glycinate form.

Cheers bro. After I sleep, I might list the ingredients of my supplement. It is chelated though I think.

Also zinc and shit.

Probably opiate use isn't helping :\

My recommended brand that I use after trying a few different types is Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium; 100 percent chelated with TRACCS. I normally take 600 mgs in doses of 200 three times daily. It helps with muscle stiffness and relaxes my nerves.the only ingredient listed is magnesium glycinate lysinate chelate.

I've found magnesium citrate will make you shit

Magnesium oxide / malate / glycerophosphate (Exact brand, 500mg, from Loblaws in Canada) doesn't give me this problem. I use this for bruxism.