• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What happens if you abuse valerian?

Blackenthesun37

Ex-Bluelighter
I remember reading somewhere that it's toxic to the cells in you're stomach? Is this correct?
I always have to take three or four times the recommended dose to get sedative effects. Damnit I wish it was stronger.

Not a bad question. Exceeding the recommended doses of valerian. Sorry i dont know.

I can say consuming it in conjunction with alcohol, while foolish, seemed to do no harm for me. I dont anymore, but did every weekend to sleep for work for a year or so.

I knew someone who used to use 15 Valerians at night for sleep. I don't know dosage, but she was and still is healthy. If you want something for sleep/anxiety, Phenibut would be a better legal alternative.

My guess is if you took heroic doses you might get symptoms similar to a sodium valproate. They arent the same chemical but they are both fatty acids.

So id gamble best case double vision, flat emotions, hunched over, tremor, depression, slurred speach, trouble moving, cognitive deficits.

Worst case some kinda ion channel acidosis, irregular heart beat, or liver problems