• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Three perspectives on why man is God’s master.

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
Three perspectives on why man is God’s master.

Perspective 1.
Has man forgotten his rightful place as God’s master?

A theology makes you a slave to your God while the Jesusthat Gnostic Christians follow has man take his rightful place as God’s master.After all, all the Gods are man-made. That is why Gnostic Christianity hasalways put man ahead of God. The Karaite Jews have that view as well as theiroral tradition can overrule the written Torah and God himself, showing how oldthis tradition or ideology is.

It seems that without the lie of a supernatural God, peopleare not willing to have a man be God the way the ancients used to do. Emperorsused to name themselves God and their sons, sons of God.

One of the Jesus' that the church did not silence, tells usthat that is the right way to think when he said, instead of stoning people onthe Sabbath, that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. I extrapolatefrom that, that Jesus would also say that religions and gods were made for manand not man for religions. Jesus answered them, is it not written in your law,I said, Yee are gods?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

-----------------------------------------

Perspective 2.
Does the Bible show that our next God is a Man?

The Bible states that when Jesus returns, his elect willmake themselves known and elect him to rule over them. The Bible states thatour new Jesus will not be recognizable and he will be elected by his Words.Remember that the story tellers, in one of the sequels, have named Jesus. ---The Word.

The Abrahamic Karaite oral tradition is that Rabbis, mengenerally, can overrule the written Word of God. In real language, this meansthat the interpretation of words and terms is to always be governed by men of theDivine Council and their elected God.

The voice of a man, to the Bible, --- is supreme and aboveGod’s written words. That is as it should be as nature makes the ideal of allspecies to be one of their own. If a God cannot be or is not in our true image,then God is not worthy of us. This is the logic and reason why the rule of manover written tradition must be supreme. Anything else would be humankind givingup our natures for the nature of an alien form. God forbid.

More directly to the question. The Bible states that we areto kill witches. This, at that time, meant that men were not to let themselvesbe fooled by magicians or alchemists and other tricksters who might deceivethem. This meant that nothing magical or supernatural, no magician doingillusions, etc., should be put above the spoken word.

The policy of the Divine Council was to rule by the tenetcalled the Golden Rule. The Rabbi class thus had the final say in all religiousand political matters. The Divine Council would choose whom to anoint andfollow as their Prophet/God/King.

Does this ultimately show that God was a man to the Jews whowrote the Bible? Is that why they were so unafraid to change Gods name sooften?

Where Jews the first atheists? Closely followed by theGnostic that had used Jewry as a springboard to their better Universalistcreed? Is that why Rome hated Jews and Gnostic Christian?

If the Jews interpreted the word God as a man, the way theold Roman emperors did, then was placing a supernatural God up in heaven a poortheological position for us today.

----------------------------------------

Perspective 3.
Does as above so below mean that God must abide by man’slaws?

Jesus said to give to Caesar what is Caesars. Caesar makesthe laws we live by and no religion is true to the laws set out by their Gods.Thank God as those laws are quite barbaric. For example, both Yahweh and Allah,through the mouths of men, promote stoning for adultery and sundry other sins.This of course ignores that both Gods show justice as being close to an eye foran eye which is what secular laws try to gauge punishment by.

There is a military term that says that the pace to be setby the troops is as fast as the slowest man. This is so that no man is leftbehind.

Since we have collectively decided that secular law issuperior to the laws of heaven and God, does that mean that when Jesus return,he will validate secular law and ask us to follow Caesar?

Regards
DL

If Man is God's master by virtue of ability and craft then it supports the idea that any Monad (including Man obviously) does have a Master. If you were to admit that first premise, then you must then conclude that God was our orginal Master and the rest that followed is just pupils living in his template. First is never last :p

As above so below..

Would be a thought or action forming from the top..and then being measured by the below..

ultimately..I think we have a choice..as per the knowledge of Good and Evil..to elect any at all positions in reference to God..as Master or Servant..

But the keys to the bible..will always represent the atonement..which means only one type of choice is rational..natural and perfect application of the Law..

Whether that is God's or Man's et all..!

So I registered for this site on which I read about medicines and such and lo and behold Philosophy is actually a thing on here cool

If Man is God's master by virtue of ability and craft then it supports the idea that any Monad (including Man obviously) does have a Master. If you were to admit that first premise, then you must then conclude that God was our orginal Master and the rest that followed is just pupils living in his template. First is never last :p

You would first have to show the reality of a God. Good luck with that.

Regards
DL

As above so below..

Would be a thought or action forming from the top..and then being measured by the below..

ultimately..I think we have a choice..as per the knowledge of Good and Evil..to elect any at all positions in reference to God..as Master or Servant..

But the keys to the bible..will always represent the atonement..which means only one type of choice is rational..natural and perfect application of the Law..

Whether that is God's or Man's et all..!

If atonement is what is key in the bible, you may not have noted that the Christian take on atonement is quite immoral.

So says this Bishop and I agree after seeing the self-serving nature of those Christians really badly argue for it.

Only we sinners can atone for our sins and the notion that Jesus atones for us is quite immoral as well as anti-biblical.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The sonshall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear theiniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, andthe wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put todeath because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because oftheir fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The sonshall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for theiniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself,and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
Regards
DL

I'm planning a sacred ceremony on July 8 next year; it will be grounded in Gnostic spirituality.

I'm planning a sacred ceremony on July 8 next year; it will be grounded in Gnostic spirituality.

Interesting. I am up in Canada. Where will you be doing your sacred ceremony?

Further. Care to share your vies on how you vie spirituality and religions overall so that I might compare my Gnostic Christian views of reality and spirituality to yours?

Regards
DL

That would require a conversation and a half, at least enough to fill a book.

That would require a conversation and a half, at least enough to fill a book.

I appreciate that it is a tough go.

I have a short little thing that I use now and again.
Please have a look and see if it makes sense to you overall.
In it I show one guy with one meditation system so as to facilitate seeking our inner God but any meditation will work.
I am a Gnostic Christian, Our beliefs are not whatChristianity says they are. Gnostic Christianity is a teaching system fromJesus but not the one the church ever dares to teach. It frees us from religionand that is of course not what religions want. They never want the student tograduate as they might lose the cash they fleece from their sheeple. We lostthe God wars and they distorted our belief system. The lies have been knownsince the findings of our scriptures and myths at Nag Hammadi.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

Here is a bit of history as well as a nutshell version ofhow that freedom is gained.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God hereI define as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, arefound in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate thisnotion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal astaught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate yourhigher mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethrento Jesus, in the esoteric sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, youwill begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to becomemore fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

The very notion that "man is God's master" implies that God does in fact exist, in which case God would have to have existed before humans.

Am I understanding you correctly?

The very notion that "man is God's master" implies that God does in fact exist, in which case God would have to have existed before humans.

Am I understanding you correctly?

No.

I do not speak of God's existence as that cannot be proven.

Jesus, as far as the biblical myth goes, said he came to serve man by dying for us to negate his condemnation of us.

If he came to serve then, it is logical that he will come to serve us again if he ever returned. That would follow natural law and makes sense as in nature, the strong serve the weak. Right?

That is how your family works. Right?

Regards
DL

I would love to ask what do we need saving from?

Before you spew bible versus from a book you refer to as myths, who's condemnation do you truly feel? If you feel this condemnation from God you must already have a connection. If it comes from you and not God then it is an internal issue that once dealt with you will be able to see your connection to God which in either case was always intact.

The story of salvation is simple, we feel guilty because we are, we (not god) needed a way to forgive ourselves, Jesus's story is for us not God. God's grace isn't human in nature and requires nothing. Religions would say you simply need to accept this grace, like a light that is always on, just walk closer.

I would love to ask what do we need saving from?

Before you spew bible versus from a book you refer to as myths, who's condemnation do you truly feel? If you feel this condemnation from God you must already have a connection. If it comes from you and not God then it is an internal issue that once dealt with you will be able to see your connection to God which in either case was always intact.

The story of salvation is simple, we feel guilty because we are, we (not god) needed a way to forgive ourselves, Jesus's story is for us not God. God's grace isn't human in nature and requires nothing. Religions would say you simply need to accept this grace, like a light that is always on, just walk closer.

Not a bad way to put it.

As a Gnostic, the only thing I need salvation from is poor thinking. There is no God out there to condemn me, except as you say, my own condemnation.

You might like this guy.

Regards
DL

The video is interesting, he seems not entirely convinced of what he believes but I agree with a lot of his ideas.

You bring a lot of good discussion ideas to this board GB. Getting people to question beliefs is always a good thing, where, when and from whom you acquired them is something to re-evaluate through out life. A lot of people they are holding to a religion because their parents or grandparents did, not because they studied anything. That's like going to the mailman for medical advice, unless your parents held a doctorate in divinity would they be qualified to guide you spiritually? Question everything, mostly question those things people say are beyond question.

I'm unsure if I can hold the title of Christian. I began life in a religious setting and it took a lot of years to push it off. At first I dismissed everything I had learned from all religious sources but I see a lot of basic truths in religions sadly they are buried in fear and dogma. Now I just decide for myself, when I don't have enough information or I see a problem with my current understanding I realize my limitations and seek more accurate information.

When it comes to religious apologetics I have a fairly good understanding not just of the beliefs but much more importantly of the heart of the people that hold these beliefs. Like every organized system we have created as humans there is an equally distributed layer of falsehood smeared through religions, it's also there in government, media, the economy and everywhere. We have a messy world where lies and deception can bring you wealth and power so every lie and every deception thinkable is on the table being used by someone. We keep pointing at different groups (usually those currently controlling the most power or wealth) and blaming them for the problems we perceive, real or not.

Having unhitched my wagon from every religion I still give respect to the one religion that made me seek, Christianity. I didn't seek because it was so intriguing I wanted to learn more. It made me seek because the version I was taught failed my truth test, it took years of study to be able to see why, yet even those failed beliefs had a lot of truth in them. Dismissing religion needs to be done surgically but there was a lot worth holding as truth just not what most religions think of as the important bits.

Now I have a new way of thinking and living and I have a respect for the truths these old religions have carried for generations. Humanity is on the brink of what could become the first golden age of man in recorded history. I don't see it as a religious time at all but I think we need to understand better that we are more than physical, we have all woke up on a rock, hurtling through a mostly empty region of space, chasing after a star. We have 7.5~ billion people on board so we have the most manpower ever available. We have automated huge amounts of labour allowing for the highest degree of specialization in history. We just need to learn as a race to focus our attention on the real problems and stop chasing shadows. We need water, food and energy, we should start with those.