View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Syrian rue or b cappi for daily use

Legally High

Bluelighter
I'm trying to combat depression with this natural substance, does anyone know the best way to do this or should I try a more specialized forum?

I would recommend prescribed pharmaceutical MAOI's for clinical depression...let a medical professional decide if this is the right course of treatment, it very well may be...but MAOI's are complicated by a lot of factors (especially recreational drug use)

Here are "some" known dangerous interactions with MAOI's
X All phenthylamine psychedelics (e.g. DOx, 2C-x, 3C-x, TMA-x, 25x-NBOMe)
X aMT (alpha-Methyltryptamine)
X MDxx (e.g. MDMA, MDA, MDEA)
X Other serotonin releasers (e.g. 6-APB, 5-APB, 5-API, 5-IAI, MDAI)
X All cathinones
X DXM (Dextromethorphan)
X Ibogaine
X SSRI/SNRI antidepressants (e.g. Sertraline, Seroxat)
X Methoxetamine
X Tramadol
X 5-HTP

MAOIs, although effective, generally have been replaced by newer antidepressants that are safer and cause fewer side effects. Still, an MAOI is a good option for some people. In certain cases, an MAOI relieves depression when other treatments have failed. I understand the desire to use a "natural" substance, but keep in mind that unrefined harmala alkaloids are going to be impossible to accurately dose.

Here are some of the prescription MAOI's that are currently on the market

Nonselective MAO-A/MAO-B inhibitors
Selective MAO-A inhibitors

Selective MAO-B inhibitors

Linezolid is an antibiotic drug with weak MAO-inhibiting activity.

Methylene blue, the antidote indicated for drug-induced methemoglobinemia, among a plethora of other off-label uses, is a highly potent, reversible MAO inhibitor.

Last edited:
agreed - much better to see a doctor.
i definitely don't think it is a good idea to try this. could cause all manner of complications and health problems.

I am not sure all of that applies to short term reversible mao-a inhibitors such as caapi. Rue...not so much as many other alkaloids in there of potentially unknown (to me) pharmacology.

I have yet to meet a shrink worth his weight in feces, I get my meds from a primary care doc who knows me enough to know Im as knowledgeable about psychotropic drugs as he...and we both decide together what I put in my body.

Of course, I think I know it all so.....well....best thing is to find a doc you can throw your cards on the table with...who will listen and work with you.

Color me biased as hell, but Id trust caapi over pharmies any day.

Dont follow what I say of course...just sharing my perspective.

Harmala alkaloids act as RIMA's (Reversible Inhibitors of Monoamine Oxidase A) similar to the pharmaceutical drug Moclobemide ("Aurorix" or "Mannerix") so dietary restrictions probably won't be an issue.

To attain a clinically significant level of MAO inhibition, however, you might need a dosage where you are going to encounter the typical side-effects of the beta-carbolines, such as nausea, diarrhea and confusion.

Remember, this isn't like microdosing psychedelics where you only take ~1/10th of a standard dose - you want the MAO inhibition (near-total inhibition of MAO-A), so the dosage isn't going to be all that different from one you'd use to potentiate DMT.

Very interesting responses! I do like how it's natural, but I fear it may be too complicated to make into a daily extract. I'm considering ordering Moclobemide online since I can't get it in the US. I asked my psychiatrist about MAOIs but he said I'm going to start desipramine tomorrow. Then lamictal. Then I can try a MAOI.

I took lexapro the past couple days and it makes me so tired I tried to take extra dextroamph and was left in a state were I just layed there extremely sleepy but kept awake. Unpleasant...I've taken all the ssris this year.

Don't you have to first be off the lexapro for a little while before you can start with the desipramine, so that the lexapro can fully clear your system (it has a half life of 30 hours)? The combination can cause serotonin syndrome.

Apparently this is not relevant anymore now, but Caapi Copy contains just the alkaloids so that would have been an option. I was opposed to the ideas of MAOIs daily at first, but I can't really say that it would be necessarily a bad idea. You couldn't take the dextroamph though, have you considered the interactions with that?

There are also considerable interactions between dextroamph and lexapro... is your doc keeping track of interactions at all? If you take dexamph daily and are starting the desipramine, be sure to keep your heartrate and BP as well as your side-effects extra monitored.

Don't you have to first be off the lexapro for a little while before you can start with the desipramine, so that the lexapro can fully clear your system (it has a half life of 30 hours)? The combination can cause serotonin syndrome.

Apparently this is not relevant anymore now, but Caapi Copy contains just the alkaloids so that would have been an option. I was opposed to the ideas of MAOIs daily at first, but I can't really say that it would be necessarily a bad idea. You couldn't take the dextroamph though, have you considered the interactions with that?

There are also considerable interactions between dextroamph and lexapro... is your doc keeping track of interactions at all? If you take dexamph daily and are starting the desipramine, be sure to keep your heartrate and BP as well as your side-effects extra monitored.

Thanks for the harm reduction advice. Unfortunately I'm so desperate for relief I never wait. On that note tonight will be the first night without having ambien around and I'm thankful. I feel like crap the whole day after using ambien but use it again because the relief is so strong.

I'm looking at some cappi and rue extracts that look very promising. I wish there was an easier way to know which vendor is best but after lots of digging I've found a few sites that seem to have good reputation.

Im telling ya...most docs arent any smarter about these things than a greenlighter.

It's really scary to be honest. Regular doctors know only the very basics. Then the psychiatrists I've been to who have specialized in this field and have had many years of experience... neither had heard of Dexedrine. In fact I've learned many tricks in this process. If I act like a patient with a condition, I get the cold shoulder and treated like a weirdo. If I act like I'm there friend and make small talk it's smooth sailing and I get what I want.