• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need to trip alone to enjoy?

I'm very interested in this. I have tripped more times than I can count. But I have always tripped with other people. By this I mean that every time I've dosed (whatever various psychedelic) I have been with others and experienced the majority of the trip with them. I have at times gone home at the tail end but I don't count this as alone.

I have the opportunity to do this soon but i am apprehensive. I guess I'm afraid of not having another there as an anchor and partner in the experience.

How do you guys handle the thought loops and confusion that occur with say LSD?
I imagine once you break through it is highly peaceful and a different experience entirely when not influenced by or in the presence of another.

I find that dealing with any discomfort or confusion is easier when alone than it is with others. Honestly you'll be completely fine, you've got plenty of experience. My recommendation is music. Listen to music, let the trip take you somewhere. Eyes closed is best.

Perhaps it will be easier. If I follow through this weekend I'll post back.
I guess I have this irrational fear of idk forgetting I took a psychedelic, panic etc I could write down dose and time I suppose.
though I don't have a history of this behavior. Only once did I actually forget I took something and that was about 250ug LSD and 150mg MDMA simultaneously.

I can see how positive this would be. Even in the presence of a partner or close other you're still thinking about them and your relationship etc.
I'd imagine there is much room for self work and introspection during solo trips.

ive only tripped three or four times. First was with my ex, she did a fabulous effort of sitting me, I love her.

Next couple times did it alone and felt I could really let go and experience my emotions more pure and real , and each time I cried tremendously and afterwards felt great to release those emotions. In my experience if I want to get really, really real, alone has been the way to go.

tripping on your own will be more intense than if you did it with friends, but if you enjoyed not having any pressure on you to talk or act normal then i would definitely recommend it, all psychedelic users have to experience it at one point and i believe that solo trips can be way greater teachers and depending on what your looking for, a way better trip overall. Just watch a couple of movies or listen to some music, you could also just go for a bike ride or a walk around the block if you get bored although i doubt you will get very bored during the trip. give it a shot and make sure to let us know how it goes, remember you can always call a friend if you need too, so theres no harm in trying. good luck :)

Personally I find movies to be similar to tripping with other people except you can't interact with them, I can't ever get anywhere worthwhile with a movie. Music though, absolutely. Music with eyes closed, laying down is the best way to go deep in my experience.

^^ me too, TV depresses me while tripping. I spent an entire 7g cubenis trip watchig that 70s show and wow did i have some revalations about modern television lol

music I absolutely agree with. I am a dead head myself, so that's usually my go to. putting on live concert footage. Pink Floyd too.

over the past year I have come to practice yoga daily. doing this solo during a trip sounds awesome.

LSD I by far have the most recent experience with. Been 10 years since I've eaten psilocybin, though it's here. 9-12 hours is a long time lol and one of the main reasons I haven't dropped in 2 years.

low doses with friends and or in public/nature. High doses alone in the safety of my home:)