• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Lyrica

AnythingEverything

Bluelighter
Hi all

So I'm dealing with major depression and anxiety once again and I'm trying to look into meds before I see a psych shortly once I can afford it. I saw my new suboxone dr last night and he wants me to see someone ASAP.

What are the benefits / uses of and for lyrics? I've been on it once before but with a whole cocktail of at least 10 other meds.

I've tried so many anti depressants and am limited as to what I can take and very wary as well. My benzo tolerance is ruined so looking into options. Not in a good way right now.

Thanks

I take Lyrica for anxiety. It does NOT help depression, only general anxiety for me. That's the only med I'm on but I have an appointment next week with a psychiatrist and hoping to switch cuz I have more issues than anxiety. It makes me tired and forgetful though but those are the only real negatives. They slow down the anxiety and panic attacks but not like 100%.

Ok thanks for the reply :)

I know I was on it at one stage but no idea why. And the only uses I can see it for when I google and seizures and nerve related pain, maybe i was on it for benzo withdrawal ?? Good to know it helps with anxiety as I know I can't get any more benzos.

It can help with benzo withdrawal and it can also help with seizures, yup. Primary use is join pain though.
Seems likely that you were given a script for it if you were on benzos for an extended period of time as it would help you get through that.
It can generally help with anxiety though yeah :)

Wow really?!? It's sometimes used for epilepsy! But then again, there are those side effects that don't make sense when you think about. Like a side effect of an anti-depressant being depression.
I'm on 300mg per day (100mg 3x daily) and I do think there is something better out there for me but this isn't the worst med I've been on and doesn't have major side effects like seizures. That sounds awful!

Wow really?!? It's sometimes used for epilepsy! But then again, there are those side effects that don't make sense when you think about. Like a side effect of an anti-depressant being depression.
I'm on 300mg per day (100mg 3x daily) and I do think there is something better out there for me but this isn't the worst med I've been on and doesn't have major side effects like seizures. That sounds awful!

It made me twitch a lot as well. Also made it difficult to walk.

I hate lyrica. I had a seizure twice while on 300mg a day.

Pregabalin can actually lower the seizure threshold, and generally speaking is not a very effective medication to treat seizure disorders (there are much more appropriate meds out there). The twitching is a very common side effect, particularly at doses over 300-600mg. It can actually be really freaky (so my ex tells me when I'd twitch all night next to her after taking too much - scared the crap out of her).

I was on it for nerve pain and it did shit except make me gain fourth pounds. Not a good drugs unless for diabetic nerve pain.

Thanks for the responses. Definitely not keen on gaining kilos so will not go there. Have only been on it once as I said with about 16 other scripts so have no idea what effect it had.