• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

An experiment in disaster

Fadedline

Greenlighter
Hey bluelighters I thought I'd share my story because I'm pretty sure I'm in uncharted territory here, I have quite a bit of experience with phenibut and has become dependant and quit cold turkey at around 3mg/day multiple times, 3 times with nothing but some benadryl (not fun, doesn't help with the 2-3 days of 0 sleep) once with mirtazapine that helped quite a bit, and the most recent time with RC Benzos which, the phenibut withdrawal was noticeable but didn't really effect my sleep or anxiety due to the RC benzos, this is where I'm going with this thread.

I have started using etizolam pellets about a year and 4 months ago started out taking 1mg here and there to help with anxiety caused by money issues and an awful girlfriend who I've since broken up with after realizing she was the source of a lot of my stress but I was already dependent and enjoying these pills by that point. Fast forward about 5 months and I was taking 1mg every few hours every day and decided I wanted something with a longer half life so I didn't have to dose as much. So I ordered some clonazolam from a reliable source and wow that stuff was strong I only needed a few drops here and there (ordered a few vials of solution at ~.25mg/drop) fast forward to today as of 4 days ago I was taking 4mg a day, 4 doses a day in 1mg increments. I've never taken more than 1mg at a time. I havent found a definitive answer on the potency on clonazolam, but I've seen anywhere from 1.5 - 4x as potent as clonazepam so its safe to say I'm taking the equivalent of anywhere between 6-16mg of clonazepam a day, who really knows there, part of the problem with these RC chemicals. I also started using phenibut again in january and took it daily up until the middle of april so ~3 months.

Now at this point I realized I've dug myself into quite the little hell hole I was invited to vegas and realized I couldn't go or I'd probably have a seizure on the plane since I'm feeling withdrawals in like 5 hours and theres no way I'm smuggling some RC benzo through TSA or putting it on my carry on and risk it being confiscated and being stuck in another state in serious benzo withdrawal and also taking phenibut with me was probably going to be an issue and I also met a new girl I refuse to put through or admit to that I've dug myself into this hole, so I decided I'd hop off the phenibut and which I did with relative ease due to the clonazolam I just took an extra 1-2mg of etizolam when I went to bed for 6 days, phenibut problem solved. Then I decided I'd taper off the c-lam, this is my first experience with benzo dependency. After doing quite a bit of research I came to the conclusion dropping my dose by 25% seemed fairly standard practice as a first cut on various medical tapering guides. This proved not possible I couldn't even cut the dose by .75mg without feeling like I was about to lose it, and that cannot happen I have rent and bills to pay so I need to be at work and not be looking too strungout or messed up.

So today here we are, I decided to hop back on the phenibut after about a 2 week break to ease coming off this nasty little RC benzo and kick the phenibut later as thats easy to quit with gabapentin or mirtazapine, benzos not so easy to quit. So this is the end of day 3 I've dropped my dose to 3.5mg/day or 12.5%. With the help of phenibut this hasn't been too bad, first night was a little rough didn't sleep much, 2nd night slept about 5 hours, last night about 7. Daytime symptoms are slight irritability thats about it so I am adjusting to this dose fairly quickly it seems.

I've been dosing 1mg 4x a day, I took 1 of those doses and split it into 2 so I've been taking 1mg in the morning half a mg twice during the day and 1mg before bed. My plan is to cut 1 drop or ~.25mg every 10-14 days from here on out bedtime dose being the last to go, unless I get to a point that takes longer to stabilize, in which case I still might continue the taper as I need to be off this stuff but I know I cant just cold turkey this habit like phenibut.

As far as phenibut dosages go I am planning on taking between 2-3 grams a day I've taken this dose for extended periods of time before, tolerance doesn't seem to be an issue at 3 grams (following a good looking losers dosing guide). I will be taking phenibut the entirety of this RC benzo taper as they are definitely not cross tolerant speaking from experience using both at the same time and using phenibut while tapering benzos definitely helps the symptoms of dose reduction after trying to make cuts without and with phenibut, the difference is night and day.

Now here's the kicker I'm also on my first anabolic steroid cycle of 500mg test E a week stacked with a 4 week Dbol kickstart which I have 5 days left of. I'll be running 500mg for 12-16 weeks I haven't decided yet, but I'll be basing this on results and how I'm feeling. This is completely an opinion/theory, but is it possible testosterone increases the rate at which your brain heals from benzo dependence, as it speeds up most bodily processes I dont see why it wouldn't also effect the rate of healing going on in your brain? I guess we will find out.

If anybody is interested I'll update this thread periodically, if not well wish me luck!

edit: also going to a doctor about this is not an option, I currently don't have health insurance and will pay out of pocket to go see a dr and explain my phenibut dependency to get a 14 day supply of gabapentin or mirtazapine to quit phenibut when that time comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm going to move this to Sober Living and you can update us on your recovery. Wish you the best. :)

Those benzos are dangerous substances. I'm never going to use them. Good luck, fadedline.

Yeah your in a mess that's for sure. I don't know anything about steroids but the benzoyl withdrawal is going to be rough. It usually gets worse the lower you go and you can have a seizure with only the slightest dose misstep. I would drop as slow as possible and wouldn't quit till the steriod cycle is over cause that's just an unknown variable.

Why run steroids while using? :? How old are you?

First rule is to be sober while running steroids.

I also realized today splitting one dose into 2 caused me to entirely eliminate a dose so I cut an entire mg out at once so a 25% reduction. No issues other than slight insomnia and feeling a tad off. I'm accrediting this to the phenibut.

And many bodybuilders are on benzos for sleep or opiates or both you'd be hard pressed to find somebody on steroids that's not also taking benzos or opiates

Ny exhusband was a competitive bodybuilder-he didnt take opiates. His problem was/is coke. He'd take benzos to try to come down if we had some which was rare. (I didn't take pills or use heroin yet ). From watching him-be very careful w steroids. Remember that you'll feel the polar opposite when you stop-exhausted, even suicidal. There's a forum here on BL all about steroids in case you don't know that already.

As far as the benzo taper-you're going to have to be patient. And theres no way you can go inpatient for the taper? Its just that its so important to get it right. And from what you're saying, you don't want to have a seizure around your new girlfriend-ay yi yi.

You can do this-just very very carefully. I don't have alot to offer-but I do understand-(just w a diff drug-heroin) I wish you the best and keep us posted.

I take it you can't get your hands on anything like diazepam OP? That would be so much more ideal than phenibut, but phenibut is better than nothing I guess.

This is a fascinating thread. I wish you nothing but the best!

I feel like you may be in for a long term struggle (this is the definition of benzodiazepine withdrawal after all), but that doesn't mean you can't beat this shit!

How long were you using these benzodiazepine type substance?

If it has only been about a year or so, you'll definitely be able to get a hold on it (or at least it will be easier than if you'd been doing it for years plural). Just be careful dosing the phenibut. One of the issues with phenibut is that many people take more than is necessary, which just leads to another dependency all its own that is no less serious than benzodiazepine dependency (phenibut is a gaba-b agonist after all I believe).

If you can source any gabapentin or baclofen to help you get off the phenibut when the time comes, that may be helpful.

Inpatient is not an option, nor have I really seen it recommended as its not a short process to taper off benzos, I can't be in inpatient rehab for months and from what I've seen some of those places rapidly taper you off, or just cold turkey you and make sure you don't die and send you on your way, a lot of people end up worse off than they were before. I basically have an unlimited source of clonazolam or any of the RC benzos out there for very cheap, which is not a good thing as it leads to where I'm at now lol

I could buy diclazepam, the rc version of diazepam but I don't really see the point of switching to a drug with a longer half life, I know that's what the Ashton manual recommends but personally it almost seems counter productive to take something thats going to continously build up in your system. So you feel the withdrawals a week later instead of a day? Cause your going to feel the cuts and withdrawals regardless I'd rather the stuff be out of my system faster instead of sitting there waiting and knowing whats coming, clonazolam is a basically a cross between Xanax and clonazepam, it's got a solid 10-14ish hour half life, should be plenty long enough to taper with. Longer half life than Xanax but not as long as clonazepam. Day 6, started to feel pretty normal last night, might chop off another .25mg possibly .5 depending on how a .25mg drop feels after a day or 2

As far as phenibut dependency, its far less serious and way easier to come off of compared to benzos, speaking from experience. I mentioned in my original post I've been dependant on phenibut multiple times, I usually just hop off cold turkey and deal with the 5-7 days of "hell" which is nothing compared to benzo withdrawal. There's a huge thread over on mind and muscle about coming off phenibut, loots of people coming off very high doses it's an interesting read.

I do plan on getting Gabepentin or mirtazapine to quit the phenibut this time as cold turkeying it gets kind of tiring. I've taken it for months, quit cold turkey and taken months-year breaks no problem, I've been taking it on and off for a good 4-5 years I'll usually take it for a few months and then quit for a few months or longer. Kindling isn't an issue with this stuff the withdrawal is always exactly the same which is somewhat interesting in itself.

Sounds like you have a pretty good feel for what you're doing Fadedline. Please let us know how your progress goes! I hope it goes well!

Haha I think I have a grasp on what I'm doing I hope, I'm totally ok with ending up dependant on phenibut again if it gets me off the benzos, not the first time not gonna be the last I'm sure. Phenibut is actually far better for me and my bodies chemistry than any of the benzos I've taken and I've taken clonazolam, etizolam, diclazepam, Xanax, real clonazepam and none really come close to phenibut, but some people feel nothing from it. Quite an interesting "supplement" really

Thanks for the good wishes, just gotta strap in for the ride at this point, I'm trying to taper as fast as I can handle, accidently cutting an entire gram out to start with was a nice realization being I'm now twice as far along as I thought.

Word of advice stay away from clonazolam. This stuff is honestly too potent to even be used responsibly with 1mg being equal to 20mg of Valium, absurdly strong triazolo benzo

And many bodybuilders are on benzos for sleep or opiates or both you'd be hard pressed to find somebody on steroids that's not also taking benzos or opiates

I've always been under the impression that doing this is especially bad for the heart, and many people end up dying young as a result. Many people in the steroid using community frown on this practice, even if it's commonplace.

Best of luck with your taper.

I've always been under the impression that doing this is especially bad for the heart, and many people end up dying young as a result. Many people in the steroid using community frown on this practice, even if it's commonplace.

Best of luck with your taper.

I'm sure it's not good for your heart but there's way too many variables in every bodies body chemistry and how they handle steroids, what they've been taking, how they've been stacking x with y, were they taking support supplements etc

But I do agree combining the 2 probably isn't the best idea but I'm coming off them and have no plans on touching another benzo again, ever. The benefits of taking them vs the hell of getting off them when they stop working makes benzos really a pointless drug to take anymore than very occasionally, I feel for the people that have been on these for decades man I haven't even been taking em for a year and a half and this isn't fun lawdy