• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why risk trying new RCs / analogues?

starting_over

Bluelighter
I often think to myself, why risk trying new RCs / analogues? When there are drugs that have been around for decades, with good long-term studies / reasonable safety profile.

I'm genuinely curious, is it a lack of availability of 'mainstream' drugs in that class? Price? Legal status? A different high? Trying new things in life? etc

Maybe I'm just getting older and less willing to throw caution to the wind.

Good question.
For me, the appeal was being able to try some obscure, exotic psychedelics. Once i had tried one or two, i explored other things on offer, but i don't buy RCs anymore (for various reasons)

I think the only RC I've tried was 2C-I... was nauseous the entire time. Had 2C-E as well but decided to give it away... this was 3-4 years ago.

Then I tried LSD and haven't looked back. Although my friends who are into shrooms will cringe when I mention LSD. I guess BL sort of alters your perception of 'socially acceptable' drugs.

Then I tried LSD and haven't looked back. Although my friends who are into shrooms will cringe when I mention LSD.

Why is that? Have they fallen into the whole natural/synthetic dualism myth?

Why is that? Have they fallen into the whole natural/synthetic dualism myth?

Yup. Meanwhile they pop mdma

Although one of their former roommates did end up in the psych unit after trying LSD (could have been nbome, bromo, an underlying condition). Good enough reason for them to stay away I suppose

Honestly for me it's always been curiosity and that mentality of wanting to try everything at least once, I like experimenting and seeing the differences between established drugs and what new chemicals are becoming available. I know for a lot of people I've talked to price can play a role too, In a lot of cases RCs can be cheaper or generally more available depending on where you source them from.

And in the cases of RCs that aren't analogues of scheduled substances sometimes you can get around having to deal with the law by taking them instead of more established drugs. This is less the case in the US where pretty much everything ends up scheduled once it's shown to have recreational potential but in some countries it takes a lot longer for the law to catch up to newer substances.

I insufflated 2C-T-7 multiple times, knowing I was riding the fine line of a fatal OD. As little as 30mg can kill you. I can't tell you why it struck me as OK and not reprehensible; this was almost a decade ago. Some people are just stupid, ignorant, self-destructive, or a combination of those things.

I agree with you that the lack of availability to safer drugs plays a big part. Sadly, too many people are unaware that mushroom spores are legal. It's also comically easy to put together a DMT trip, aided by MAOi or not. If you can use a computer, you can obtain safe and quasi-legal psychedelics (not to mention every other drug class).

I think the people who go after RCs predominantly would have a strong taste for the novelty of a new substance, and perhaps have either exhausted the traditional routes of drug exploration or were unimpressed. From reading this board I'm under the impression that a lot of popular contemporary RCs are stimulants and dissociatives, which I have not tried. There are probably a handful of DC regulars who would have a good point of view regarding those.

Well to me RC's are a sort of unexplored front in the whole clusterfuck of substances, and that's what sort of drives me to try them. Its sort of a weird thing though as I know that these substances haven't been properly researched and may cause damage to my body and mind but the fact that there are countless other people trying them out and the community pumping out information make me less scared to try them.

The price and availability are another big plus I would say and being able to get them through a more legal route makes it all the more tempting. The fact that they are produced in proper labs also adds to the whole appeal.

That's my outlook on them but each man to his own.

i liked all the new dissociative experiences (i'm off them now) because I have to drive mad far to get straight PCP

I've only tried RC benzos, and I got them mainly for price and availability. When it came down to benzo wd or finding a different source I looked to RCS and got waaaaaay more for my money. Not to mention the quality is good and the highs are unique.

Oh, also forgot to add then they are less likely to be cut with nasty shit than street drugs

I've only tried RC benzos, and I got them mainly for price and availability. When it came down to benzo wd or finding a different source I looked to RCS and got waaaaaay more for my money. Not to mention the quality is good and the highs are unique.

Same story here, I was on the fence about RC benzos since I had read about etizolam starting in 2012 (the litany of phenazepam blackout stories in 2010-2011 made me apprehensive). Then, I got burned just once buying 5 Xanax bars as they were pressed pills and not pharmaceutical ones, so I returned them since I had no idea what was in them and placed my first order for RC benzo pellets in late 2015. It's nice not having to pay exorbitant prices for street xanax and not having to risk getting one pressed with fentanyl or something; clam and etiz are strong and cheaper than how much you'd pay for xanax at the pharmacy if you had no insurance. Prince died a few months after I ordered my first bottle of RC benzo pellets and he died partly due to pressed "hydrocodone" pills with fentanyl in them.

As for any RC that's not a benzo/thienodiazepine, the only ones that even interest me are psychedelic RC's, and due to high availability of acid and shrooms in the US I don't think I'll ever even try one.

I think the only RC I've tried was 2C-I... was nauseous the entire time. Had 2C-E as well but decided to give it away... this was 3-4 years ago.

Then I tried LSD and haven't looked back. Although my friends who are into shrooms will cringe when I mention LSD. I guess BL sort of alters your perception of 'socially acceptable' drugs.

A lot of RC's are arguably no longer RC's. Many have been around for absolutely years and extensively used; and not only by drug geeks like us.

The first 'RC' I tried was 2c-b, and I've always found it absolutely perfect for clubbing. It provides something that no street drug does.

And that's why I take them; their effects are wide and varied. I consider dancing at raves/clubs/festivals the forefront of the human experience, and I like a wide inventory available to participate with.

the dissociative RCs offer something that ketamine just can't, a more club friendly longer lasting more functional and stimulating experience. All in super high purity. I guess there is PCP but its super rare and probably a pretty dirty synthed product. Also pcp is hard to dose on account of coming in "wet" form on the street, if you can even find it that is.