• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Quitting 500mg er morphine a day with Kratom

diablo__113

Greenlighter
Hi i have been a LONG tike reader here, first time poster lol.

I'm quitting a short 3 month 500mg ER Morphine addiction as of 2 days ago and have been taking Kratom about 4-5 times a day and it does help, haven't been the most social guy around and havent gotten the hugest support group due to my separation anxiety and severe depression. These are seemingly getting worse since stopping but feel the WDs creeping up before putting back more Kratom.. Am I only delaying the inevitable or will it actually get me through these intense next few days? Any support would be GREATLY appreciated and thank you!

I should say I am 27, male, live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, with a great job in construction. I have been on tylenol 3 for a year and oxycocet for 6 months before moving to morphine. The problem for me is I make great money and am single, no kids and living with my father :s its easy for me to buy these things and I honestly feel like I'm gonna relapse and always do just so that I can work without feeling like I'm gonna die... I REALLY want to quit this shit and be able to get up the energy and motivation to get out and meet someone and have a family and buy a house, you know.... the dream lol. How can I make it through the next however long it takes to feel ok again with just kratom??

You need to ween down. 500 mg er {equal to 250 mg ir dose being active for about 8 hours [something like 75 mg iv dose equivalent sustained for the 8 hours]). That's quite a heavy rise where IV starting dose is usually less than 5 mg. You really need to reduce the dose to at least 100 mg er.

What pills were you taking? I assume 5x100 mg er pills, which if that's the case every 3 days to a week at most take one less pill and then start the Kratom jumping off from 100 mg.

You honestly might want to look into a methadone or suboxone program. Most people it's overkill, but you are taking huge doses.

You need to ween down. 500 mg er {equal to 250 mg ir dose being active for about 8 hours [something like 75 mg iv dose equivalent sustained for the 8 hours]). That's quite a heavy rise where IV starting dose is usually less than 5 mg. You really need to reduce the dose to at least 100 mg er.

What pills were you taking? I assume 5x100 mg er pills, which if that's the case every 3 days to a week at most take one less pill and then start the Kratom jumping off from 100 mg.

You honestly might want to look into a methadone or suboxone program. Most people it's overkill, but you are taking huge doses.

Why on earth would he want to get on a methadone or suboxone maintenance program when he just said kratom is covering up his withdrawals just fine. Getting off methadone or suboxone is much much harder then getting off kratom.

To OP, yes you are masking the withdrawals but it is much easier to taper off kratom and the withdrawals are milder then regular morphine withdrawals. The important part is setting a taper schedule and sticking to it.

Hi i have been a LONG tike reader here, first time poster lol.

I'm quitting a short 3 month 500mg ER Morphine addiction as of 2 days ago and have been taking Kratom about 4-5 times a day and it does help, haven't been the most social guy around and havent gotten the hugest support group due to my separation anxiety and severe depression. These are seemingly getting worse since stopping but feel the WDs creeping up before putting back more Kratom.. Am I only delaying the inevitable or will it actually get me through these intense next few days? Any support would be GREATLY appreciated and thank you!

Welcome to Bluelight. Kratom will help you out. If you have been taking them orally, the kratom should help. I hope you have a decent kratom supply.

Go with the flow. That kratom can really help with anxiety, depression and the subtle withdrawal, if you stick to a schedule.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm terrified of withdrawals as I'm sure a lot of ppl are. I jumped off at 300mg on Saturday and yes they were 100 MG ER, today would be day 3 and the Kratom does really help quite a bit! There is a store maybe 10 mins from my house that sells it so getting it isn't much of a problem either.. I do have a script of Tylenol 3 would taking those as well hurt or help the cause?