What's the next big thing in 2017?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
What's the next big thing in 2017? Gamechanging tunes for this year please? I mean it's 30years since the beginning of acid house and rave culture, is there anything going to be as big as that turned out? Tunes plz?

What's the next big thing in 2017? Gamechanging tunes for this year please? I mean it's 30years since the beginning of acid house and rave culture, is there anything going to be as big as that turned out? Tunes plz?

Monstercat Studios have some pretty cool stuff depending on what your style is!

I'd like to see a MDMA revival but that won't happen.

I dont get what you mean....Like, as opposed to molly being such a generic term and not being MDMA specific anymore??

As far as the OPs original question, thats a good one. Im wonderin the same.

Its nice to see so many D&B djs/producers on the scene again. I definitely feel like there was a lull with D&B and(the still somewhat scarce) jungle.
I feel like dubstep might have helped it come back a lil by way of:
Dubstep-->drumstep-->D&B.

Footwork/juke is thriving, which is pretty dope. The teklife crew(RIP Rashad) is killin it in that deparment with dj spinn, traxman, rp boo, etc...
Then theres Hyperdub supportin the scene and even puttin out old unreleased dj rashadm(thanx kode9) out of the UK, not to mention japan seems to be enamored by it and started a few labels(through or with support from teklife). Shit, ive even seen they got footwork "dance classes" somewhere in japan.
Footwork has that bboy appeal. Bring your ghetto blaster, or better yet, pop the trunk on the whip with the best system, round up your crew and form that circle....cardboard neet not apply.

Also, LA is is killin it with their electronic sound right now with brainfeeder(among others) and the low end theory shows.
Its startin(well, has been for a min) to gain the notoriety it rightfully deserves.

Its nice to see(just to name a couple) flying lotus and daedelus shinin as bright as they are.
I bought daedelus: invention when it came out('02) and hes been in my great 8 of current producers ever since.
Same with flylo, i bought "1983" when it came out('06--and lost my shit seeing/hearing an amazing daedelus remix to an already amazing track) and he hasnt budged from my list either.

I do know this, Boiler Room has done amazing shit for electronic music/musicians. Having and broadcasting(for free) shows in major cities ALL OVER THE WORLD!?!?
How can you go wrong(from the musician to the show goer to the youtuber) with that??
I cant be the only one that theyve turned on to an incredible number of electronic producers/djs of all genres.

BIG UPS BOILER ROOM!!!!

This is turnin into a ramble..hehehe
Yeah, im curious to see where its goin and what the next phase is gonna be....

Last edited:
um, well basically in Canada I would not trust buying pills anymore, or at the very least test them first. Well I was speaking historically even of a time before mine of basically Rotterdam, Acid House, 90s era rave music when the pills were basically pure. It fueled a whole direction of Electronic Music and then had this sort of echo effect in different genres. I don't go to festivals or clubs anymore, so I've been a little out of touch with how things are in terms of what drugs fuel different styles. I mention Weed because that's slowly becoming legal.

Its probably better there isn't really, a sort of pill revival. I keep thinking of these kids with jaw problems and the whole Happy Hardcore craze and just bad fashion madness. Maybe pills are still big. ? I dont know, but just historically at the time it was huge.

The rave/party/dance culture probably goes back to the 60's.

Northern Soul anyone?

just sayin'

:)

The rave/party/dance culture probably goes back to the 60's.

Northern Soul anyone?

just sayin'

:)

Id imagine Acid culture in the 60s was pretty strong, but dance culture? Its not something you'd normally connect.

Id be curious when in modern music 4 to the Floor become popular, im guessing its been around since we learned to stretch animal skin over a piece of wood or bang stuff together...

Tbh I think if you looked at stuff like the Pogues or Chieftains, or Folk music in general its definitely 4 on the floor at least for the big dancey tunes.

ah i get it, more speed and coke for Northern Soul, but what a rip from Fatboy Slim:

me yo!

edit - that wasa lame answer.

idunno but i hope this fad of "future" and trap dies off soon. smh.

some good sounds in every genre tho i guess.

Last edited: