• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello, best informative website

Granny Panties

Greenlighter
I am a cancer survivor now addicted to opiates. I couldn't afford the medicine and insurance anymore being a small business owner and switched to heroin. I want to quit but my long term side effects are killing me. I need help and have too much pride to tell my friends and family. When asking questions online about trying to quit, sends me to this website. Hello. I snort heroin. I'm hoping dank will help with my pain instead. I'm scared. Please help and guide me where to go. I use to be an occasional weekend drug user from 1994 (just weed and mushrooms until 1998) to today ( now just heroin, xanax, and sometimes pot). I'm a recovering alcoholic. I would have never done heroin if big pharma didn't prescribe me OxyContin while enduring chemo and radiation. I'm very sad and have thought about suicide a lot. I don't want my family saying goodbye to me by suicide or an accidental overdose.

I have no idea why that emoji popped up but it was meant to be there. The timeline doesn't matter. Basically, I need help and have been on heroin since October 2016 because the long term pain from chemo is awful. I really need help.

Hey there and welcome to the site,

Firstly don't be so tough on yourself - you have gone through a lot and that your here discussing it a great achievement. If you wish to discuss your problems then I would suggest our section called 'The Dark Side' - get it all off your chest and tackle each problem as it arises. Unfortunately suicide is often seen as the only choice when were lost and to ashamed to reach out to those close to us - it isn't though and most things are fixable.

Check out the dark side, maybe even mental health and I'm sure you will find some posts that resonate with you that make you want to join in - you will be surprised at how much help you will be to others going through what your experiencing.

Hang in there and please feel free to ask if you have any questions.