• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom and surgery

Jhtxgrl

Greenlighter
So i am having surgery in 2 days, i take between 8 to 10grams of kratom a day. I do have a script for lortab but never take it. I want to be able to not take kratom the day before surgery. Will the lortab help with withdrawl symptoms from kratom? Also I feel if i tell my doctor i have a high opiate tolerance or that i have been taking kratom for 2 years hell cancel my surgery or label my an addict. I take kratom for my severe dysphagia caused by anxiety.Theres not much out there on the subject. Has anyone had posituve experiences with quitting kratom day before surgery? Did pain meds help with withdrawl?

I've never taken kratom in big amounts but I am a pain patient like you. I imagine taking hydrocodone would ease your kratom withdrawals. It hasn't been heavily studied and that's why you're not finding information on this subject. What is the surgery you're having? Welcome to Bluelight and I hope it goes well for you. :)

I am an everyday user for anxiety and chronic pain. I will be having a partial hysterectomy done 9am tomorrow morning at the age of 31 :( Thank you for the kind words.

Good luck Jhtxgrl! I hope everything turns out good. :)
And welcome to Bluelight! Keep us posted.

Surgery went well, doctor yelled at me because I kept trying to tell him the morphine wasnt working lol but other than that nurses were great. Im not in as much pain 4 days post op so i have lowered my pain meds to mainly only at night. I noticed pain meds make my depression and anxiety worse! I am now back on my Kratom and it helps soooo much with my depression after my hysterectomy. Im hoping to be able to get out of the house today. Im not one to just sit around all day drives me crazy lol other women ive read about have taken a month off work after their surgeries so im kinda worried about that. My boss told me to rake my time but i dont get paid medical leave or anything like that.