• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Feels like everything is fake

dood42069

Bluelighter
So, Im new to bluelight, hello everyone.
Everything feels fake/weird to me and i do not know why.
I have been drunk (not wasted) about 10 times
I have tried dxm 5 times (less than 500 mgs)
I have also tried small amounts of codeine once.
I am currently not high, but everything feels weird. Could my brain be fried or something????
Thanks to anyone that replies! :)

Oh and i forgot to mention:
Ive tried 1.25 mgs alplorazam once
Ive also tried 10 mgs of ambien 3 times
all of these highs have been spaced out with about 6 months

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to BL!

If you've used any of that recently (even if you're not high right now) it could just be your brain going through a period of chemical imbalances which will repair themselves with time & sobriety, otherwise it's hard to say. It's not common for that sort of change to be long term for someone who didn't use to the point of developing any post-acute withdrawals. I'm not a professional and can't really diagnose you but often things feeling "fake" can be an aspect of dissociation which is a symptom that can be associated with various mental health issues. Sometimes more minor degrees of dissociation can even occur in perfectly healthy people when they experience high levels of stress.

Do you happen to be diagnosed with any mental illness, even just depression? Have you experienced anything traumatic recently? Have you been under abnormal levels of stress recently? If the answer to any of those questions are yes I would recommend reading up on the different ways dissociation can manifest and seeing if those feelings match up with what you're experiencing.

Dissociation can be treated (if part of trauma or mental illness) or improve on it's own (if stress induced), it can also be coped with via grounding skills in either case.

That link has a couple of very basic grounding skills but if you come to the conclusion what you're experiencing is dissociation I'm happy to offer a few more from what works in my own experience.

Also, if you are young, especially in your teens or your twenties, you may just be coming to terms with the fact that so much in this world is actually fake. If not fake, superficial. If not superficial, marketed lies. This world is crazy and often people feel crazy when they see that. This is not to discount derealization or dissociation; I just wanted to speak to the fact that not everything that makes people feel crazy is actually crazy.<3

No, I do not have depression, just minor anxiety and adhd, but today it is not as bad as it was when I originally posted this thread. Thanks for the replies and help!!! Bluelight is awesome!

I have been feeling the same way for the past year and half....my husband left me, was cheating horribly and i feel our whole existence and marriage was a big fake fraud....have been depressed and sick since....im trying so hard to find peace and stop crying everyday but its impossible......i just wish i was stronger and didnt have a huge caring heart....

A caring heart is a vulnerable heart. A therapist sounds like it might help. In Western nations, therapy through public enterprise is cheap.

I suffer from solipsism syndrome even though I've not really been diagnosed with it, it's what I've read and agree with it. I sometimes think the world is one big dream in my head and how do i know there is consciousness beyond my own thinking. The people I see could be an illusion or we could all be the same person in different time lines and parallel universes interacting with each one of them.

I think a lot of people suffer from it and can be caused by long periods of time alone or sat behind a computer screen all day. Sometimes it comes and goes and I just forget about it and live life. I could be right in what I'm saying or wrong I don't know.

Welcome to personal and spiritual depth. Could it be that you're the one that is fake?

Last edited: