• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help- I have a missed shot of Ice- A Drs visit is Not an Option

JordynBangzzz

Greenlighter
Please help me, I missed a shot of ice 72 hours ago in my breast... I can NOT see a Dr. I realize that is the first and Best thing to do in this situation.., with that said I CANT..
I'm sure that it's a sterile abcess
There's pain and swelling as well as redness
There is no open sore or mark from the point-
Is heat or ice best right now and what's the story about potatoes?? Are there ANY supplements/vitamins or anything else that I can get over the counter??
Just for a little more info about me
I'm 39yrs old and have been using for the last 15yrs w/ several year breaks in between
I'm not new, or ignorant
I just can't go to the Dr. at least not yet
I won't let myself Die nor loose a Tittie! ??♀️?

People like to reply to these questions in condescending ways to shame you into going to the doctor FYI, just a heads up.

That said, you should probably just swallow your pride and go to the hospital. Honestly, I am still recovering from a helluva time with cellulitis and an abscess. Crook of the elbow. Missed on a Monday, Thursday comes knocking and I'm like shit. This REALLY hurts. Hang on, I can't unbend my arm wtf! I went, told them I'm an EX junkie but I went to a party over the weekend. Perhaps I screwed up but I don't really know. Anyways after only like 4-5 days my entire arm was out of commission. I had to go to urgent care for a week for a shot of antibiotics in the ass. And I got 2 10 day prescriptions of them.
Long story short, it fucking sucked and was the last thing I wanted to do. But that long after a miss is almost guaranteed infection if it hurts and is read and swollen. Unless you have access to meds and are okay at playing DR. I don't see a way around it.
Best of luck.

Ahhhh GOTTDAMM it! I'm so sick to my stomach, the issue is that I have a back that's due for major surgery, as well as a fun Lil disease called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, I see a pain control dr. And if he EVER even thought that I was capable of getting high well then, loosing my tittie would be the best option..
Can you tell me what kinda antibiotics you got?? Maybe I can find a way to get some,& my boob is definitely red and hot and swollen, but maybe it's not getting worse, like since yesterday it's the exact same. I appreciate your support and for telling me what happened to you
Thanks so much babe
And I'll go to Urgent Care Especially if I get a fever or anything gets worse

Hey ANYONE?? I'm just trying to see if anyone may have any more information, so it's coming up on 4 days since the miss and yes my breast is red swollen and sore.. But not any worse than it was yesterday or the day before, and still NO fever or chills or overall feeling infected..
Is there a chance that I will recover without seeing the dr-
please anyone with any insight I'd be so very grateful
also I was considering trying a Hydrocolloid? Bandaids
o don't know if I should be trying to pull the infection/ poison UP and Out??
and does anyone know anything about using a potato?? Cut in half and put on the Bump/miss
and ANY OTHER ideas of things that I can get over the counter
thank you �� so very much

DISCLAIMER
Antibiotics should only be taken when prescribed, as directed by a doctor and I in no way condone home treatment.

The ER gave me an IM shot of Rocephin and told me to go to urgent care for follow ups for a few days. The third day I got the shot and they lanced the abscess and sent me on my way with;

Backtrim - 3 times a day for 7 days, and I want to say Gantanol, twice a day for 7 days.

Heat sort of almost helps the pain. Just a bit. It can also help bring an abscess to a head so it can be drained.
Ice helps swelling, but if its anything past minor, it won't do much.

Just an FYI, not to sound snobby. Every addict has a bunch of reasons, circumstances, situations, whatever, that make going to the doctor "not an option." I'm not saying people's individual circumstances don't matter, but sometimes we can all make things more than they are. As addicts we don't exactly all have our priorities in line or have the best coping mechanisms for hardship. Just consider it.

Good luck

They wont automatically know it was a missed shot. Just go and say it feels like a cyst or an infected duct. Youll be ok.

Thanks so much

They wont automatically know it was a missed shot. Just go and say it feels like a cyst or an infected duct. Youll be ok.

Hey Zephyr
I am really glad you said that because I was thinking along the Same lines
Maybe a spider bite but I like the cyst and duct idear better
I Want to be clear and say that I ABSOLUTELY am aware that medical attention is the smartest and safest option for this situation, and I will not let myself die, nor will I let my boob fall off and die..
I have a 10 day supply of clyndamyicyn 300mg that I started last night and there's been no worsening of my symptoms since I woke up to this hot swollen hard red bruised lump
Thanks so much EVERYONE
For the information and advice

I'm sorry OP, but you say "I won't lose a titty under any circumstances" but then indicate that you won't see a doctor. This is a potential consequence of injection drug use unfortunately. Sometimes things go wrong and sometimes you cannot treat these things yourself. I would advise against self-prescribing antibiotics because not all antibiotics are appropriate for all infections.

Do yourself a favor and don't make an easily-solvable problem worse just because your are ashamed or embarassed.

Hey girl. If it's swelling after 72 hours It Probably is infected. If you just missed a shot, it hurts like a mother F the most right after. It should not feel worse the day or two days after and the bump should also get smaller not get larger unless it's infected with a bacteria. You wanna go to the HOSPITAL and not just your regular doctor and have then make an incision and drain it and test for MRSA. Regular doctors may not be as aggressive with treatment as a hospital will and if it's MRSA you want to be aggressive. IV users have a way higher chance of getting MRSA infected abscesses by far because frankly most IV users aren't that great about washing their hands well before they shoot up, and using alcohol to disinfect the area as well as using a new clean needle and sanitized utensils to make your shot as well as using the same cotton more than once to draw a shot up and then not disinfecting after your shot and using some Neosporian and a band aid afterwards, especially since that's evidence for people to know you shot up. Plus if you shot yourself in your "titty" your bra is loaded with sweat and dead skin cells which is a breeding ground for bacteria.