• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anxiety or Zombie Conundrum

Legally High

Bluelighter
Ive been on a never ending quest to end my anxiety. I find that I'm either a zombie from taking medications or a anxious withdrawn mess. Has anyone found a long term solution for anxiety that hasn't turned you into the walking dead?

The most effective thing I've found is good exercise. For people with sensitive/hot nerves, exercise helps to burn through a bit of that excessive energy so that when an anxiety situation arises there isn't enough energy available to tip you into a properly anxious state. That compounded with the other additional benefits of exercise, it being free to do, good for you anyway.. the only other thing that comes close is a solid diet and proper sleep! Pills or otherwise just mask the issue.

I really appreciate the response. When I quit 200mg Zoloft I looked for alternatives: exercise and diet. Long story short, I exercised until it appears I've damaged by body and have pain running through my left leg and arm. I had bought a juicer, drinking homemade organic vegetable juice, learning how to be super healthy. It's a shame. Now I'm back to putting many chemicals in my body, but can't get rid of the pain.