• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Dangers of mdma use before conception

Worr-EEd

Greenlighter
I am totally new and not even sure if I'm doing this right. Im reading a lot of info about mdma use during first trimesters but i want to know if there is cause for concern for use just prior to any conception ( like a week or two before, and one single mdma night, not repeated or heavy mdma use). I'm reading about damages to baby and potential heart issues after birth due to use during pregnancy. What about birth defects due to mdma use being cause before conception, is this possible? Any info would help !! Thanks!!

I'm unsure for certain, but have never heard of that. All that I will say is that I'd imagine MDMA has led to a lot of babies, and a lot of MDMA users have fell pregnant... and I've sure never heard of that, or concerns over it. Obviously it's a different thing post-conception.

If you want to know as much as anybody else will, then see if any research papers exist on this.

If you are planning on getting pregnant have you and the man quit using all drugs for at least 3 months, eat right, and avoid alcohol and caffeine.

I found this thread which will be helpful to you, but really you should be asking a doctor this and not strangers on a drug message board. You will not get into legal trouble for asking a doctor questions about your own personal drug use.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/655913-drugs-before-pregnancy

Shulgin mentions a woman doing MDMA pregnant. I've know people do it no problem - I am thinking in most cases risks are small but it is hardly to be recommended. Suspect things like smoking are much worse but If your pregnant just wait a few months on the partying

If you are planning on getting pregnant have you and the man quit using all drugs for at least 3 months, eat right, and avoid alcohol and caffeine.

I found this thread which will be helpful to you, but really you should be asking a doctor this and not strangers on a drug message board. You will not get into legal trouble for asking a doctor questions about your own personal drug use.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/655913-drugs-before-pregnancy

does the man using drugs have any sort of effect ? I always figured no but I guess its possible

Are you thinking of the possibility of genetic damage or possible damage to the ovum? I'm not entirely sure but even things like drinking coffee can entail damage. Don't forget that the ovum is already formed and is only released during the fertile period. I think it's more likely that sperm could be damaged than your eggs. Also there a millions of other factors that impinge on you. If you are really worried do like Priest said and ask a medic.

One cup of normal / weak coffee drank occasionally is not going to do any harm, One of the big myths about coffee.

There is not enough evidence being analyzed to answer this.
It would require some very specfic studies - studies of use post conception are barely worthwhile. The stats required are enormous.

If you are looking for some evidence to suggest that mdma prior or during conception is acceptable, dont bother and try conceiving without, if possible.
If you are looking for evidence suggesting this is bad, well common sense would suggest it is.

Sorry to be blunt, however, conceiving should be as natural as can be. In many cases this is with other toxins, drugs, and other nasties in our bodies.
Do the best you can that is all anyone can ask.

Shulgin mentions a woman doing MDMA pregnant. I've know people do it no problem - I am thinking in most cases risks are small but it is hardly to be recommended. Suspect things like smoking are much worse but If your pregnant just wait a few months on the partying

Matter of fact I knew a lady do acid when pregnant. She said it was a wonderful experience and felt she was communicating with the foetus. But that was back in 67