• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

E'smom-curious

E'smom

Greenlighter
I'm just curious about knowing if someone is using. I don't want to stick my head in the sand or be made a fool of. This person will be sitting talking & then just start falling asleep. Complains about different pain a lot. He went off deep end one weekend. Hallucinating for several days, paranoid. Ended up in hospital but not sure what really was going on. Never is real truthful. Recently I found a pill bottle with a Xanax bar in it & a suboxine strip half of a 8 mg. Can you give more of idea what may be going on.

Welcome to bluelight and I'm sorry you are going through this.

Since he's in the hospital and you are apparently his mother, can you ask the doctors to do a drug test on him? He's using Xanax which is a benzo, and Suboxone which is an opiate. If he's using other drugs, they will show up on a drug test.

OK thanks for explaining. I was not sure since your username referred to being someone's mom.

Last edited:
I'm not his mom. My daughters boyfriend who is now going to be dad of my soon to be born 1st grandbaby

Have you or your daughter tried to talk with him about it? Not accuse him so much as to just ask? I take it you want him to be clean so he can help your daughter raise their child? If you don't mind my asking, how old are they?

Most people are not comfortable being honest about their drug use for fear of reprisals if they are honest about it from loved ones (or clinicians and law enforcement, for that matter). So letting him know that you will help to support him may help allay his fears about it.

Sadly, a lot of us are conditioned to do whatever we need to in order to hide our drug use, because when we are open about it it can lead to even more intense pain and sorrow than the effects of the drug use itself.

They are 28. I've voiced my concerns to my daughter but she says no that she doesn't think he's doing anything but I think she's just probably covering for him. Just hate to think of my grandchild being around that. Wish I knew what to do. My daughter was a drug user also but has been clean a while now. Just tired of the worry.

They are 28. I've voiced my concerns to my daughter but she says no that she doesn't think he's doing anything but I think she's just probably covering for him. Just hate to think of my grandchild being around that. Wish I knew what to do. My daughter was a drug user also but has been clean a while now. Just tired of the worry.

Consult a lawyer, and go before a judge and get custody of your grandchild. Good luck.

^That may be a bit premature.

Have you had a frank talk with your daughter?

^That may be a bit premature.

Have you had a frank talk with your daughter?

No it's not premature. Not everyone wants to have their grand-child raised by people who use drugs or who are drug addicts. Secondly, if someone has kids and is a drug addict they will always put the drug(s) and using those drugs that they are addicted to first before their kids, and that's not fair to their children.

Now if the parent who is addicted to drugs is working on getting sober, and wants to stay sober that's different.