• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

HPV Diagnosis

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
So I just had an issue that brought me to my primary care physician and he diagnosed me with some strain of low-risk HPV. I'm skeptical now as the wounds have all healed vastly different and I'm setting up an appointment for a urologist. I'm having a hard time in the U.S finding any real information as there is no FDA approved test for males for HPV as far as I know. Does anyone know anymore on this subject or may have been diagnosed with it already?

Also I'm just starting the research process into how one would go about improving the immune system's capability of suppression. Any help would be appreciated.

How was it diagnosed? Visually? Did he do a liquid nitrogen test? Biopsy? You can also dab a bit of vinegar on the area and if it turns white it's usually HPV.

It's really hard to diagnose visually because it can look different depending on the person, and depending on the wart. The rate and effectiveness of healing also depend on the state of the immune system. Usually if it's HPV, the lesions will look like cauliflower type lumps, and they will increase in size over time -- but not always.

Are you asking how to make sure it's HPV, or how to get rid of the lesions?

None of my lumps had any cauliflower shape, but rather were just miniature bumps the size of follicles that were almost flush with the surface of the skin and had the same skin tone except for a few that resembled inflamed fordyce spots. I know the vinegar test can lead to overdiagnosis as some abnormal tissue may register white regardless if the HPV virus is present in the keratinocytes.

I found a lab that will do hrHPV testing along with testing for low-risk variants HPV 6 and 11 which are responsible for roughly 90% of genital warts incidences. I just have to do cell scraping on my genitals which I'm not necessarily looking forward to. Just seeing if anyone else has had any experience in this subject matter. I just want to figure out the strain and then any possible methodologies of facilitating the innate/adaptive immune system to effectively respond. I'd rather not be a dick and wrecklessly continue the transmission like someone did to me and if at all possible make sure my future partners are vaccinated.

I'm 24 so they still allowed me to use the quadrivalent HPV vaccine they have out right now for 16,18,6,11, but I feel like at this point if I got one then I feel I probably ran into a few more strains. Life lessons suck sometimes :)

HPV can be cleared by a normal immune system. It can and will clear HPV.
This is why in US, women are not cotested for HPV with their PAP until age 30.
Under the age of 30, it is just too frequent to encounter HPV infection which then subsequently clears.
The best thing for you to do would be to stay healthy and avoid high risk sexual activity, i.e. multiple partners or any sex with someone else who has multiple partners. If you steer clear of exposure it is quite likely you will clear it.

Just to give an update. Since first discovery, I have found an additional 10+ warts ranging from a cm under my belly button all the way to the tip of my glands. Get your HPV vaccine kiddos.

I have absolutely no response to the TLR7 agonist imiquimod. Most people show redness/peeling within the first few applications. I'm 5 weeks in and have had absolutely no reaction. I even applied a whole entire package to a small area of skin to see if I could induce a reaction from overexposure and it did absolutely nothing.

The weird part is I feel I know who gave this to me as my last sexual partner was 3 years ago and before that it was a year and a half. I was an absolute fucking whorebag in high school so there is always a possibility I contracted during that time as well.

Last edited: