• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel oral vs. Snorting duration

nancy145

Bluelighter
I take 25 mg Seroquel IR at night, mostly for sleep but partially because I like how it feels. It makes me feel sedated a lot the next morning though, and a little throughout the day, which causes a number of problems for me. It weakens my adderall too, which I take daily. I don't care too much about efficiency, strength, and how fast it kicks in, but would snorting it make the effects last shorter than taking it orally?

I dont think so because the half life of it is pretty long plus its secondary metabolite even longer my guess is maybe if u take it a few hours before bed u can get to maybe 50% and that might be nesr unnoticable

If it's too strong for you, try cutting some of the pill off as opposed to snorting it.

It's not that it's too strong, 25 mg is about what I need to fall asleep and not wake up in the middle of the night. The sedation the next day isn't too severe, the problem is that I have a number of mental illnesses that make any amount of sedation a huge problem. I can't even smoke weed without needing to take a nap an hour later, even on 50 mg of adderall and 350 mg of nuvigil.

Have you tried 25-50?mg of benadyrl i take adderall andnprovigil for narcolepsy which isnuncontrolable paralysis and boutsnof sleepinessnandni took seroquel and it made my narcolepsy so bad one point i was unable to move but benadyrl doesnt cause the weakness amdnsleepiness which may or may not be due the muscarinic antagonism interactingnwith dopamine to prevent some pf the antihistamine induced sedation and muscke weakness and lack of dopamine and adrenic receptor nlocking

absolutely pointless to snort it.

seroquel is not something to be snorted. orally the bioavailability is almost 100%. thus, up your nose with all the binders and filters would not only be less effective but slower onset.
Its pointless. they design these drugs in coordination with the liver. Its designed to pass through the liver to have the desired effects.

The reason why seroquel effects your adderall is because it has a super high infinity for the dopamine receptors.

So i think the seroquel will block the reuptake of NAT. So it cancels out your adderall. However this can be a positive thing. Because it may "preload" in a way your dopamine system. thus, the effects of adderall may infact be more effective once the actual mechanism of seroquel wears off, maybe 8-12 hours.

Seroquel makes you sleepy because its a potent antagonist for the H1 and h2 hestamine receptors. thus making you sleepy. It induces a very deep REM type of sleep. Its a healthy sleep where your body goes into deep repair mode.

^ agreed. I don't think you should snort seroquel - just swallow it.
Pills have a lot of binders, bulking agents and other inactive ingredients in them, which really shouldn't be introduced to your respiratory system.

A really common pill ingredient is talc, which is insoluble and can cause serious health issues if it gets into the lungs, because it doesn't break down.
When you crush up a pill and sniff it, a certain amount ends up in your lungs - so i really encourage people not to snort pills, especially when it is something that has no benefit in being consumed this way.

Basically, seroquel/quietapine is not a psychoactive or fun drug - and (as mentioned above) has a high oral bioavailability, so there is no need to risk your health by snorting it.

Have you tried 25-50?mg of benadyrl
I used to use benadryl for sleep sometimes, but I ODed on it once (i find the trip pleasurable) and ended up in the hospital so my parents don't keep it in the house and would loose their shit if they found out I bought some cuz theyd think I'm using it recreationaly

Seroquel won't be hitting the dopamine receptors those dosages, it won't even be hitting the serotonin receptors really.

Seroquel won't be hitting the dopamine receptors those dosages, it won't even be hitting the serotonin receptors really.

yes it will. it may only effect D1 and D2 but will certainly have some binding.

Seroquel only effects serotonin at much high doses, say 200-300mg