• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

About myself. Greetings!

ahntikhrist

Greenlighter
Hello, I am a 28 year old male. At the age of 19 I tried Marijuana for the first time. Around this period I also experimented with MDMA, and began smoking tobacco products. By 21, I had done Psilocybin Mushrooms a couple times. Also around this time I had experience with taking Hydrocodone’s, Benzos, and barbiturates. I had smoked Salvia, drank on occasion, and used synthetic Marijuana. By 22, as far as I know, I had become chemically imbalanced. One day I finally lost my mind and began hallucinating without drugs, and went into a deep psychosis. I began hearing voices, having delusions about the world around me, and hallucinating outside of my mind. I was fully aware but at the same time, it’s as if I had left my brain and left the lights on with no one home. The last time I did Psilocybin Mushrooms before all this began, I had my first bad trip. I felt as if I had only moments to live and regretted every bad decision I had ever made in my life till that time. It was soon after this bad trip that I started going into psychosis. Leaving details behind, I was paranoid with a train of thought never ended. One day after wandering my city while having a mental breakdown and hallucinating vividly, I ended up in the Hospital. I was Baker acted. Told nothing. And was given a cocktail of drugs that just made things worse, including pain relievers, and hypnotic sedatives. I was diagnosed as “Psychosis Overdose.” Much is a blur, but eventually I was put into an outpatient program here in South Florida. I was given SRI’s, Antipsychotics. I can easily write a list of 20+ prescribed medications that have been tried on me. Anxiety reducers. Bipolar medications. I’ve been given things I don’t even know what the purpose was for. I felt foggy, slow, and non-present. Then around 23 I was offered crack cocaine. Being on antipsychotics and SRI’s, I could no longer experience anything from Psilocybin and it also dulled the effects of THC. I could no longer do MDMA because the SRI’s take up the same receptors in the brain as MDMA. But Cocaine always worked. From 22-26 I had been in and out of programs. Rehabs. Group Meetings. Mental wards and Clinics. Cocaine made me realize that the Devil does come in white. The addiction destroyed me. It ruined my self image, self worth, my relationships, everything was put on hold. It got to the point where I was panhandling money for just that one more. On-top of this, of all the Medications I’ve taken, Abilify has been a steady influencer in my life for maybe 5 years. I have not stopped taking this drug till this day. But I am not happy. As of today, I am 28 and have stopped using Cocaine period. I’m am currently on Abilify and Xanax. I still smoke Marijuana which I have found to be good to me above all things. I want off Abilify. I feel that I have matured enough and understand myself on a much more profound level. I want back what I gave up, and want to continue a natural life. I’m not where I need to be yet, but I have grown, and being through all this have gained much knowledge and understanding of the ways that Mental Health is being treated in America. My mother would not want me to be off the antipsychotic and I do not know how my current Prescriber will react. I wish to be me again, I wish to grow. I’ve been labeled as a drug addict, and Schitzo-effective. Today is a new day for me. I wish to get back into Psychedelics and get the full effect of Marijuana. I want to experience Psilocybin again. I need to grow spiritually without being blocked or blinded by an anti-psychotic. I feel empty. I hope to one day try Ayahuasca and maybe LSD. I wish to do this safely and responsibly. I’m so tired of the system in Florida, I want to move to Colorado or somewhere where I can smoke Marijuana in peace. I believe what happened to me was a direct result of a bad mushroom, maybe rotten or something of that nature. I feel lonely and left out. I have few friends. Being blank, or empty in the mind seemed to be the goal, but looking at it now, I realize I’m lacking what normal people have as far what the mind is capable of. I feel like something is turned off, and I want it back. It’s been so long I can’t even taste it anymore. But I can just feel it. I really need someone to work with me here. I do not know where to go from here. The worst is out the way.

Dear friend,

This is my first post as well. I'm 31 (I think). I can't believe I just had to second guess my own age. Male. Used to live in the States until 3 years ago due to drug-economic-legal matters. I'm lucky to have been born in another country, Korea, a sort of asylum state for me (or exhile from the US.. It's a long story and I'll save it for another thread).

Your post touched me in a lot of ways because I can relate. I started off at a young age as well, and like you, have experienced more than I desired to.

I really want to say, great job for getting off the coke. May God help you in your trials. We both know, the addiction is still there. That shit ruined my life. It was so bad.. It very nearly took my life.

I also want to ask about your health now, as it is the major importance this forum. Are you okay? Have you told a doctor about the details of your drug use? Your early-age "chemical imbalance?"

I feel that I am imbalanced as well, but in a different way. I am very compulsive when it comes to drugs.. I' abuse anything that I can get my hands on, and I think this behavior was caused by the early age experiences of hardcore drug use.

I saw a great video today on yt about Muhammed Ali.. He said, helping others is a way to earn and pay for your space on Earth.

I'm sure that we can help each other out in terms of opinion support, advice, harm reduction, or maybe more. I sincerely hope I can help you.

Let me know if you have any questions about the following, as these are what I am experienced in, and can offer personal experience sharing on:

Coke
Weed
LSD
Xanax
Alprazolam
Valium (diazepam)
Muscle relaxant (Soma)
Methylphenidate (Concerta, Ritalin)
Amphetamine (Adderral, Vyvanse)
MDMA
DXM
Shrooms
Opium (extracted from opium seeds)
Hydrocodone (Vicodine)
Codine
Hydromorphone (dilaudid)
Morphine
Wellbutrin

Last But not least,
Alcohol (currently, I'm a functional alcoholic)

The above list isn't in any sort of order. I've abused them all. And I'm probably missing a few. I've forgotten all the different substances that I have abused in the past.. This is actually the first time that I wrote such a list, which is surprising. This forum is helping me already. I think it would be fair to label myself as a "substance-abuser". And addict of all substance stimulation.

Anyway, take care brother. And welcome to the forum.

I hope that you can get off the Abilify soon. God be with you.

Your story is an inspiration to us all. Your words sing through the dark of night like the first birds of dawn. Keep on keeping on. You're out of the woods and almost into the clearing,

Welcome to the site.

OP - people will very likely skip your post as walls of text are just so hard to read. Maybe add a few paragraphs.