View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms advice

Mind_Games

Greenlighter
Hello, I plan on trying shrooms for the first time next week in a social setting and was wondering about dosage. I want to trip but not to much to where I can't really communicate with others. (I have experience with acid as well if that helps)

I've never gone above 2.5-3 grams at once but I'm a small guy and I always abstain from eating for at least 5-6 hours before the trip. I've seen people communicate just fine (for being on shrooms anyway) up to 4 grams. I think 2-2.5 is a really good starting dose, things can get crazy but there seems to be much more control than on a 3-3.5 gram dose.

Make sure these people you are tripping with are people you trust, tripping with people you don't know or are just outright shitty people can lead to uncomfortable trips.

I've never gone above 2.5-3 grams at once but I'm a small guy and I always abstain from eating for at least 5-6 hours before the trip. I've seen people communicate just fine (for being on shrooms anyway) up to 4 grams. I think 2-2.5 is a really good starting dose, things can get crazy but there seems to be much more control than on a 3-3.5 gram dose.

Make sure these people you are tripping with are people you trust, tripping with people you don't know or are just outright shitty people can lead to uncomfortable trips.

Hmm I'm thinking 2.5-3.0 thanks for the help.

There are a lot of types of mushrooms. Some a half of a gram will make you trip pretty hard and some 3.5 grams will be a body high. You should ask someone else who has done them and then also try a small amount first and titrate up.

So I have would have to try them to figure out what kind they are? Or would I be able to tell by the look or something else?

Ummmm. I don't know a lot about different strains. What I do know is even the same strain can vary in potency in batches though so I'd try a small amount first. You seem to know about dosing pretty closely which leads me to believe you are knowledgeable and have a scale and whatnot. Maybe for pot. who knows. For P Cubensis I tend to think the dosages go .5, 1.75, 3.5. I'd say eat a small amount to judge the strength first, or just eat the full dosage of what you have.

https://www.shroomery.org/
Go here for identification. If you're going to be the only person on the shrooms there I wouldn't advise larger doses. I had 4 different types of shrooms in doses ranging from 1.2g to almost 3g. 1.2g of liberty was a light trip, and fully sociable, on 3g of b+ I couldn't connect peoples voice to their face so unless looking at the person who is speaking I wouldn't know who is it, not very social.

Agreed. Even when tripping with friends on the same dose, it can be a bit disconcerting when after sitting there merrily drinking cider in a field or whatever, everything suddenly becomes so amplified and weird, unable to discern thoughts from fractals etc. When others aren't on it, even more so.

Set and setting, always.

Indeed we don't ID here, but generally speaking it's worth realizing that the far majority of shrooms are Cubensis (and apart from possible exceptions like PE, the strain should not really matter), which are pretty 'stocky' and wrinkled bronze-golden caps. Other usual suspects like Pan Cyan look like pieces of dark straw by comparison, so thin and tiny.

So usually when talking dosage, we assume Cubensis. If you have something else, find out what it is and use the Shroomery dosage calculator to help you further.

In my experience you can hardly get a trip without the communication weirdness so you would kinda have to choose and accept that there is a downside. I think until about 2 grams it can feel more stoney (already some slight weirdness though) and kinda trippy, while 3 is more likely to become a fuller trip. They are natural products so there is an uncertain factor with the potency.

Acid is quite different in my opinion, it is easier IMO to find a dose to trip on that and stay functional and communicative.

Considering the social setting, aim low. Reserve the real trippiness for some other time.

The mushrooms I had were of good potency. The come up happened within 30 min when chewed and swallowed on an empty stomach. 2 grams of these mushrooms was a perfect dose, I was very sociable and still had great flight of imagination and self revelations. If you suspect your mushrooms are moderately potent and stored under good conditions then I think 2-2.5 is the perfect dose.

I always make a shroom tea, the trip starts before you even finish the mug. Then eat the mush at the bottom. It will be cold and taste like crap.