• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Would you date someone with a child?

If their previous partner was dead then I guess it would be a possibility.

^whoah

The ol' single parent. Can be a tough situation. My opinion on single mothers
If you like alone time she is often busy. She prob doesn't go out much so good for a casual sex partner. If you don't want kids there's a good chance she won't either.
You can judge her character by how her kid was raised. Unfortunately some look down on single mothers as their situation implies that they are either very bad at choosing a partner, or they allowed themselves to be in a relationship with someone that they knew wasn't decent.

I also don't like the idea of being a temporary love interest in front of the child so if one chooses to enter a relationship I would hope they would either hide from the child or be a thoughtful role model. The child already suffered abandonment if they went through a divorce so to cop that again could really mess them up.

The son of the CEO of Wallmart who plays here in the Australian Rugby League lived near me before. He just signed a new contract and has decided to buy a new house with his girlfriend who has 6 kids of her own all from previous relationships. Like wtf he's in his late 20s and can pick anyone.

The son of the CEO of Wallmart who plays here in the Australian Rugby League lived near me before. He just signed a new contract and has decided to buy a new house with his girlfriend who has 6 kids of her own all from previous relationships. Like wtf he's in his late 20s and can pick anyone.

You can't help who you love

How do women see weekend dads then?

I am one and there haven?t been any troubles when I get into new relationship and my fiancee likes my daughter very much.

Idk if it would matter if my fiancee would be into partying during weekends as I couldn?t participate because I have my daughter with me. Luckily neither of us works or studies at the moment so we can party or do drugs during the week so it doesn?t matter :)

I wouldnt have anything to do with a single dad who didnt share custody or be a dad to his kids.

That kind of man is revolting.

I've done that and it was nice in some ways. Fucking infuriating in others. Especially with a dickhead dad in the picture. Overall though, I was really happy.
Current partner has no kids and I'm a little glad, but she may want them in the future, which I'm still thinking about.

Fuck me, we all seen kids dragged up and kids raised gently with thought, so how she treats the kid tells you a lot about her as a person.
I was dumped twice. First by my Dad because his new partner didn't want his kids around, I still can't go to their house, but I pass it any time I go out and I've siblings I don't know, fuck knows what I did, I was only eight. Then when I was 14 my mom explained to me we didn't have enough money because of my Dad's failings and I'd not been a boy (then he might have stayed) so she was getting remarried to a guy with money, but he didn't want to meet me.
So I went to stay with my grandparents ... should have been what happened, but didn't. I was left to my own devices and was good looking enough to manage better without those fuckers around.
If you get between a kid and the parent they need more than you do, you'll pay for it in some later form of hell, I hope.

To put it shortly, no. A relationship is heavy enough for someone like me right now, but a kid on top of that would be too much. I adore children but still, I'd rather have my own.

I dated someone with a child, actually 2 different girls.

The first one I found out cheated on me (which is how she got the kid) I was dumb enough to take her back a year later. We never had "alone time" because she lived at her parents who were strick as fuck. And her child who was an infant needed a ton of care and attention. I didn't want to take that responsibility on at that time. So we're just friends now.

The other...
The whole story is WAY to long as it spans about 6 years of shit.

But, after we dated, her next BF and her had a kid. About 5 years of bullshit and drama I got them to break up (he was abusive and shit and she deserved someone better than that dead beat) Anyway, her child at the time was maybe 3. She was cute as hell, and she loved me more than her actual dad. We were perfectly fine and all. No problems in any part of our relationship until she started to become a bit distant. She just told me she was busy and hanging out with friends which was somewhat true. But one friend is her now next abusive BF. So, when I meet a girl, if they have a child it is usually a turn off for me. Just from past experiences. So now I unfortunately say FUCK relationships.

As for her, not really sure. My guess would be that she either isn't interested or has started to talk to the baby daddy again (which also happened in my 2nd story above.)
Just my 2 cents. Move on. There's plenty of fish in the sea!
Sorry for all 3 of you in that scenario. You for trying to be a good partner to her and getting her away from that other wanker only to have it thrown back in your face. Your ex-girlfriend because she obviously has an attachment pattern that leads her to seek out abusive partners, which is an indication of an abusive upbringing - if professions of 'love' always come with some form of mistreatment, the person comes to be conditioned to associate the two, to the point where someone being genuinely caring and kind doesn't feel 'like the real thing'. And the little kid because she'll be stuck with some shit bloke, or possibly a succession of shit blokes, for a father figure and learn growing up that *that's* just how men treat women, and continue the same damaging relationships in her adult life as her mother is. All-round just sad.

The stories in this thread are quite distressing. All I have to say is, it takes a REAL man to take on a woman who has children by someone else. Good fathers are rare.

I myself would never bring someone around my kids unless I was planning to marry the guy, and trusted him with my children. I can’t have a parade of men entering and exiting their lives; not only is it unsafe for them, but it’s almost emotionally abusive (if they got attached to the guy as a father figure and then we broke up.)

Fortunately I found someone stable and sane from the outset. Even then, I didn’t mix my home life and my love life for YEARS.

Ya know I can confidently say that I have only dated women with children since age of 16. Looking back every single relationship I had/have there were children (even now but her "kids" are only a few years younger than me).
Just ruminations imma go on bout my bidness
Peace yall

i could never do it, kids deserve better than having a prick like me in their mum