• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Journalist looking to talk to folks who buy Suboxone

Srofula: Ha, thanks! I gave away my freebies already, but it's <$2/issue if you sub right now on the website :p

Wow, thanks so much for these ideas!

About rehabs, cj, I have heard of clinics that taper pregnant women off MAT, which isn't standard practice and makes me wonder if the staff at those places are telling women that it's better, when there really isn't science behind it. But I've also seen forum posts where pregnant women themselves really want that taper. So I wonder where the push for tapering is really coming from.

What do you mean there is no science behind or recorded track record of the utility of using methadone to detox pregnant women?

I think they usually keep pregnant women on methadone maintenance to not risk their pregnancy

Wow, thanks so much for these ideas!

About rehabs, cj, I have heard of clinics that taper pregnant women off MAT, which isn't standard practice and makes me wonder if the staff at those places are telling women that it's better, when there really isn't science behind it. But I've also seen forum posts where pregnant women themselves really want that taper. So I wonder where the push for tapering is really coming from.

That's scary if true. As far as I know the medical evidence is clear that you don't do anything to put a pregnant person into opiate withdrawal taper or not. Most women want to do the right thing and staying on opuates is kinda counterintuitive buts that's why we pay obgyns to be experts at this. Rehabs are shady and often ill informed so I have no doubt what you heard is true. I know in Alabama the licensing rules for rehabs deal with building plans and fire escapes not treatment methods