• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Admirer From A far No Longer

IrishLady

Greenlighter
This site and the brilliant people on it have been such a huge help to me since I discovered it by accident 2 years ago, I thought it was about time I stop lurking in the bushes and join.
I'd been dealing with varying levels of pain from"that's irritating" to "Death Take Me Now" with the help of one 81 year old family Doctor that said fresh air was the best medicine , a Gaggle of well-meaning Potheads and (I kid you not), 2 Wiccan Sisters that were always burning incense in my house and bringing me special flowers and teas. The Doctor retired, the potheads wandered off one by one and The Sisters, well I gave them the boot when hey brought my a small bag of animal bones to put under my pillow while I slept.
Then it got REALLY bad, in the span of 5 days, my right foot turned completely out sideways, my hips shifted forward dragging my ass along for the ride and my shoulders dropped leaving me looking like Snoopy doing his Vulture impression. By day 5 I couldn't walk, drag, shuffle under my own power anymore, so my Ex-Husband carried me into our ER where a lovely young Woman gave me my first ever dose of morphine. When the Doctor waked into the room and said "what in the blue fuck have you done to yourself?" I knew I'd found a keeper. One long night, made longer by my sudden and often giggle fits, later I had officially gained a new Doctor and was the proud owner of bulging discs L3, L4, L5. And my Love/Hate relationship with opioids began.

hey, welcome to bluelight :)

sorry to hear you've had a rough time, but i'm glad to know you've signed up here - i lurked for years before registering an account as well