Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Wife wants to roll for the first time

RaverInDaForest

Bluelighter
Hi everyone!

As the title of this thread suggests, my wife wants to try MDMA for the first time. She is on a few medications and is unaware if there is any risks in mixing with them. Naturally it be great if she could ask her doctor if its safe but I doubt her doctor knows or would suggest anything like that. For the sake of harm reduction, would it be safe for her to roll on these medications listed below? For the record we would order a test kit to make sure the substance in question is MDMA.

Blood pressure meds:

Metoprolol tartrate
Hydrochlorothiazide
Amlodipine besylate

Thyroid med:

Levothyroxine

Thank you guys. It would be so much fun to roll with her. If its unsafe to mix she will definitely not do it.

I'm not qualified to comment on these specific meds, but as general advice in this situation it would be wise to make sure you have a scale so you can accurately measure a dose, and to start out with 50 mg or less to test the water.

I do not know for a fact that there would be any interactions here, but honestly I would be careful. There are quite a few blood pressure medications there and even disregarding the effects that MDMA has on heart rate and blood pressure, there could be some unexpected interactions with some undesirable side-effects... I agree, that it is unlikely her doctor knows and almost definitely his or her advice will be "just don't risk it", which may well be overcautious, but I think despite the risk of this kind of response, you really need to at least ask a medical professional's opinion.

Additionally, I second the suggestion to start with a threshold dose. Do you have a blood pressure monitor? If not, invest in one before even thinking about dosing, and monitor your wife's blood pressure throughout the first test dosing, and at semi-regular intervals if you go ahead with a full dose. Having this sort of equipment on hand and educating yourselves beforehand about what blood pressures and heart rates are within an acceptable range will likely help to reduce any anxiety related to uncomfortable side effects also, if you can verify objectively that they are likely not actually dangerous... and of course, this will also enable you to make a quick decision to seek medical attention in the unfortunate, even if perhaps unlikely, event that you need to.

Thank you all for the information. I truly appreciate the thoughtful responses on this thread. My wife does have a blood pressure machine so if she does decide to roll she would monitor her pressure. As for the dosage, she would try the threshold dose and then take it from there. I will update you all if she does decide to consume and what happens from the roll.

I have elevated blood pressure and use ACE inhibitors to keep it under control.
I have experienced no problems with using mdma.
Metoprolol tartrate is apparently a beta-blocker. I have seen a statement here that beta blockers and mdma should not be combined. Even so I have rolled while using beta-blockers to no ill effect.
The other two BP meds you mention are diuretics, but are also given for heart conditions.
As it seems that your spouse also suffers from hypothyroidism I wonder if you ought not give us a bit more information about her general health.
I thoroughly recommend trying with a small dose and observing how things go before giving more.
I also suggest you get a testing kit before dosing.

Thank you for your reply augustaB. My wife has high blood pressure and hypothyroidism (Hashimotos). If she decides to take the plunge into the magical world of MDMA , she will definitely start with a small dose. I will definitely get the test kit for us as well. I used to have the Marquis, Simons, and Robadope tests years ago. I will order them again for sure if we end up rolling. I am an experienced roller from back in the day. I want her to experience the magic that MDMA has to offer, just without any negative health consequences.

Seems like hypertension can be associated with hypothyroidism.
If your wife has a healthy heart (no arrythmias or other abnormalities) you should be okay.
Are there weight issues?
Are you going to dose orally or another route. Oral may cause vomiting. Rectal dosing results in a faster come up and no stomach issues. (see plugging)

Are you going to dose orally or another route. Oral may cause vomiting. Rectal dosing results in a faster come up and no stomach issues. (see plugging)

Fair enough, but you're unlikely to vomit up a small test dose so you might as well try that before you jump straight to plugging.

Seeing as the ladies are generally more sensitive to mdma and often have a more pronounced stomach reaction I stand by my suggestion to go rectal.

MDMA will rise BP and HR a bit but generally not much and for all the outside possible risks it is very benign and for most I wouldn't worry - I am not a doctor however and it might be useful to know how high her BP readings were generally - if there stupid high you might wanna miss it but modest high BP I suspect occasional MD isn't a massive risk in moderation

It's November now and my wife and I still have yet to roll. Her hydrochlorothiazide medicine got switched to spironolactone but the other meds remain the same. My question after all these months now is how the metoprolol would interact with MDMA? Metoprolol is a CYP2D6 substrate according to wikipedia. I read that you must be careful with medication that is metabolized by CYP2D6 enzyme, but I do not know how it works in regards to metoprolol as a substrate of CYP2D6. I appreciate everyone's feedback so far. I hope I can get some extra feedback to reassure that everything would be ok if it truly is. If there is also any interaction with spironolactone then please also let me know. Thank you all.

You won't have any direct interactions with those medications. I would be slightly wary with all the blood pressure meds since MDMA is a fairly strong stimulant.

However, what I would be more worried about is the fact that HCTZ is a diuretic and MDMA interacts with sodium channels. She isn't on that anymore but amlodipine and MDMA also interact with calcium channels - although I don't think I would worry as much as with the HCTZ potentially.

I have a general knowledge off the top of my head without diving back into some details I haven't looked at in a while. Ultimately I think a low-normal dose (~120mg) would be fine just stay hydrated but don't over hydrate and don't cut sodium out from your diet that day or anything lol.

What is being sold for MDMA isn't always MDMA. Test it and stay safe.