• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

All Natural Cannabis Potentators

Dreshik

Greenlighter
I have found that over the course of my long term marijuana use, that my tolerance seems to be increasing( hmm imagine that) Now instead of increasing the amount of bud I smoke, i am considering adding an addition drug supplement to increase the effects of the marijuana, or something that will synergize with it.

However, i'm not to fond of adding a benzo addiction to my life on top of all the other addictions. So I thought why not go with an All Natural supplement? Well theres tons of info on the internet on these various substances like Valerian root. Unfortantly, most of these OTC supplements are pretty low key/weak, but i have found reports saying they work wonders when taken in combination, correct dosage and timing.

So here are my questions:

What NATURAL OTC substances will potentate or synergize with marijuana?

What are the best combinations of these substances? Best stacks?

How would you suggest taking them? (dosage, ROA, time before or after smoking bud)

And really importantly! Dangerous combos?? What should not be taken together?
(and while on what shouldn't be taken, what combinations negate each other/kills effects of other)

Any advice is welcomed! Feel free to post personal experiences with any Natural substance combo(especially with weed)

Here is my list of some Natural OTC substances that i've read online work well:
  • L-Glutathione
  • Valerian root
  • melatonin
  • Aniracetam
  • turmeric
  • Kava
  • Damiana

Depends on what you mean by natural. Pretty much everything OTC is found in nature in one form or another, it's just extracted, refined and processed. Still natural, though.

25-50mg of Benadryl'll give you a nice, dozey, couch-locked kind of high. Might put you to sleep too, though, so pros and cons.

A 30mL shot of NyQuil about half an hour before you smoke right before bed can be nice and relaxing, too.

Really, though, as far as over-the-counter stuff goes, you're not going to find many effective potentiators at all for cannabis.

The best way to reduce your tolerance is just to abstain from marijuana use for at least 2 days, since most of the tolerance goes away then (not all). In my personal experience a break of about 3-6 months makes me feel just like the first time I have tried weed. I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but this is the most effective way and you must find out which dosing schedule works best for you.

When it comes to potentiation of thc my top three pics are coffee, mangoes and microdosed LSD. I know LSD is not OTC but still worth mentioning.

Caffeine has a great potential for potentiation, because of its antagonistic nature on the adenosine receptors, which makes the caffeine affected neurons fire more often making for a very interesting chain of events. Because of this chain of events that happen and not the inhibition of adenosine itself makes caffeine enhance cannabis effects. For me this enhancement is huge for others maybe minute, but definitely worth a shot.

Mangoes definitely make the effects of weed come on quicker AND longer lasting. Additionally the experience gets a little bit more intense when cannabis is smoked and much more intense when cannabis is eaten (the difference comes from personal experience and friends, but find out for yourself)
This works because mangoe contains myrcene (so do other fruits and weed too but mangoe contains the most). Myrcene helps bind the thc to your receptors.
For best results eat a fresh mangoe an hour before smoking or shortly before eating cannabis.

Finally microdosing LSD makes you feel more trippy and high when smoking weed. This works great and allows you to have more insights than with either of these substances consumed alone (I am talking about microdosing LSD not regular use).

These three I can recommend also for the long run. But when it comes to occasional use of marijuana enhancers you can also try kanna or blue lotus.

ad damiana: as a teenager I used it often to mix it with weed, and sometimes smoked it by itself as well. it has no effect whatsoever, in my experience.

After years of trying different stuff that "increases effects", I have found what really potentiates weed (for myself):

Agmatine
Green Tea Extract with the highest EGCG content
Palmitoylethanolamide
Kratom
Phenibut
Kava

There is some more stuff that also works but aforementioned works the best and I do buy them regularly.

Mangoes definitely make the effects of weed come on quicker AND longer lasting. Additionally the experience gets a little bit more intense when cannabis is smoked and much more intense when cannabis is eaten (the difference comes from personal experience and friends, but find out for yourself)
This works because mangoe contains myrcene (so do other fruits and weed too but mangoe contains the most). Myrcene helps bind the thc to your receptors.
For best results eat a fresh mangoe an hour before smoking or shortly before eating cannabis.

god yes, mangoes as potentiator kind of sound like bullshit but it's definitely not placebo. i haven't heard about the link to myrcene though, i thought it was because mango has affect on the liver enzyme cytochrome P450. this is also why certain pharmaceutical medications come with the warning to avoid mixing them with grapefruit. apparently, mango is not the only tropical fruit to have this effect. looks like it may be possible for pineapple to have the same effect.

...So if someone's favorite fruit are mangoes, I know who's cool now. Dope.

Lse3qUd.gif

What is safe (and natural) is going to be relative to you and how you use it but in terms of potentiation, for me, a bunch of gabaergics like ethanol, benzos, gabapentin, and pregabalin. Tobacco (although I don’t partake), caffeine, and melatonin.

Depending on where you live and the legality of cannabis you should also consider consuming a variety of strains with different terps and effects.

Side note: is the mango thing for real? What would mangos contain that enhance cannabis?

M'well it seems this place must be owned by the $¢ientology $e¢t: $i¢k 'n $ad wall-of-shame.