Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

150lbs 460mg DXM Trip - Experienced

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
Weight: 150lbs

T+0:00 - Drank/chugged a giant cup filled with Dr. Pepper and a whole bottle of DXM only containing cough syrup.

T+0:30 - Nausea starts, eating saltine crackers slowly to help ease it.

T+0:45 - Head erupts in metaphorical flames and I know this means it is time to vomit, I rush to open my garage door and vomit violently all the contents of my stomach for 5-6 minutes.

T+0:50 - Vomiting is done, nausea has subsided. I feel that sigh of relief feeling now that the pain is gone and now I feel almost sober.

T+1:00 - I go back inside and lay down. I feel disappointed. I am almost back to baseline and I feel like I vomited all the syrup up before it took full effect and now I will be stuck with a shitty semi-drunk 2nd plateau trip.

T+1:15 - A spark of energy surges as I gather motivation to make this trip all that I wanted it to be and I stand up and dose 110mg again.

T+1:20 - Syrup and Dr. Pepper chugged, starting to have slight doubts because I remember the peak sometimes takes longer to approach.

T+1:40 - I am feeling mass dissasociation from the first dose and it is uncomfortable. I have meditation music on and I am trying my best to let go and let the waves take me but it is hard. Something I have noticed is that anytime I have any SLIGHT fear or even one little tiny thought that is negative towards the trip, it is translated as heat in my face. My whole face will get extremely hot and electric.

T+1:55 - Face explodes with heat again and I realize it is time to vomit once again. I force all the vomit out and start to seriously regret redosing. I go and sit on the curb outside. There is a giant bug crawling (not a hallucination) and then a fucking spider so I said fuck this and went back inside. At this point the trip has turned into me constantly trying to convince myself that I can handle this overwhelmingly intense dissasociation and these hot flashes in my face. I try drinking water and using different techniques everytime my face gets hot from panic. I am not worried of overdose, I did my research and know I am safe but I am not in the right mind.

T+2:00-T+4:00 - For two hours I am stuck in a constant battle to fend off these hot flashes and lie to myself. I am fake smiling to force myself to enjoy the experience and constantly remind myself that it will be over soon and I will wake up and be fine again. At one point the room is warping and moving like an acid trip and I move my fingers and there are definite tracers. I am pleased by this because my goal was to have any sort of visuals, but I cannot enjoy them because my face keeps getting hot and I am overwhelmingly disassociated. The meditations songs get scary sometimes so I change to a different one and am constantly rotating to different ones trying my best to breathe through my nose and out of my mouth. I try to play Alan Watts lectures but they scare me so back to the music.

T+5:00 - I am still very fucking high and I really want to take my 50mg doxylamine and 3mg melatonin so I can sleep but now I am afraid that the doxylamine will bring back the peak of the experience and potentiate it so I hold off.

T+5:30 - I take my sleeping medicine and attempt to sleep, falling in and out of disassociative terror. This is a battle that I hate but I know it will be over soon and I try and take what I can from it. I start pondering if I will ever be able to take LSD and be okay with the intense feeling it gives or even shrooms. I so desperately want to explore the realm of psychedelics but am afraid my anxiety or whatever it is that is making these experiences so intense for me will keep me from it. I eventually drift off.

The next day: I am hung over. Very out of it and fatigued. I bought a Monster Energy drink the day before for this reason because I heard caffiene can help. I drank it and it made me feel much better.

Final Words: I have 3/4's of a bottle left and I am thinking about throwing it away but don't really want to waste my money. This experience was obviously too intense but I never have problems at 1st plateau so maybe I will. I am not a fan of DXM anymore to say the least lol. It really is starting to seem juvenile.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn dude lol. Sounds like just hours of panic & uncomfortability

It sounds like DXM isn't for you.

When I first started using, I would get itchy and nausea and throw up. But I kept at it and after like the fifth time both side effects were no longer present.

It sounds like DXM isn't for you.

When I first started using, I would get itchy and nausea and throw up. But I kept at it and after like the fifth time both side effects were no longer present.

I use benadryl at 50mg to counter itchiness and have never experienced itchiness yet. I have thrown up every 3 out of the 4 times I have used. The trip is a very disorienting and frightening dissociation, and I do not enjoy the high dose effects. However I will attempt a low plateau trip tonight for the mild euphoria it does bring unless I end up picking up mushrooms tonight.

Will report unless it proves uninteresting.