• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Terry M's Essential Election

I'm starting to have second thoughts about this malarkey now - I might actually make the effort to vote, against the Tories. I don't usually bother with elections as they're all cunts and I'm not wealthy enough for most of their policies to make any significant difference to my life one way or another. However, Theresa May is a cunt of the highest order who deserves as much opposition as possible. Also, she's obviously a narcissist - have you noticed that the PSA was enforced in May? As will be the new tobacco laws and the general election - either that, or she's just so fuckin stupid that it's an easy way for her to remember what's going on.

My problem is, I haven't got a clue who to vote for. Any suggestions? Please provide a valid argument for your case. ;)
Vote for Pedro.

Tories now at 50% in the polls. Should win them about 75-80% of all seats.

So much for an opposition.

Get out, register and vote you lazy self-defeating chunts.

Tories now at 50% in the polls. Should win them about 75-80% of all seats.

So much for an opposition.

Get out, register and vote you lazy self-defeating chunts.

Yes, but who the fuck for??

If I don't get any decent advice, I'm listening to Consumer and voting Pedro...

That depends on your values, where you live, and what matters to you.

If you're a multi-billionaire and don't care about other people much, then you should logically vote Tory.

If you're one of the 99.9999999% who is not rich, even if you don't like other people much, then you should probably vote Labour, Green or maybe Lib Dem.

If you don't live in the south, south-west, Brighton or Bristol, you should probably vote Labour as they're more likely to be in with a chance of winning. In Brighton and Bristol, a vote for Green may win them a seat or two. In the south and south-west, the Lib Dems are more likely to beat the Tories.

If you live in Scotland, you could choose from SNP (esp if you want independence or more control of Brexit) or Lab/Lib Dem depending on what part you live in. Again, vote Tory if you're incredibly rich and hate everyone else.

In Wales, you could vote for Plaid Cymru, who are a bit like Labour only Welsh nationalist. But if you live in the valleys, your vote is more likely to count voting Labour. In Cardiff you could vote Green or Lib Dem in a few seats where they may win.

If you live in Northern Ireland, I apologise. Vote Alliance for non-sectarian, SDLP for Labour-like slightly Republican, Sinn Fein for unity with the rest of Ireland, DUP if you dislike Catholics and Ireland, UUP for a bit less of hating Catholics but a bit more Tory.

On top of that, here are a couple quizzes that might help you decide who your party may be:

http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/
https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

The second link is much more accurate, but based on 2015 election manifestos. Also a manifesto is not really a promise of policies that will be delivered, it's more of an indication of the values the party in question believes in.

You're going to have to hold your nose and vote for whoever has the best realistic prospect of beating the Tories, whatever you think personally. This election isn't about you. But if we can oust the Conservatives on 8 June, and if the EU are amenable to reversing Article 50 (in case it comes as a surprise to anyone, not everyone on the Continent will be sorry to see the back of the UK), there is a chance we might just be able to hold onto EU membership after all.

Maybe you could try persuading your local UKIP / BNP / EDL / National Front to put up a candidate, by saying e.g. local Tory is soft pn crime. Maybe that will split the fascist vote ..... The more ways, the better .....

giphy.gif

I felt an unimpressed looking Queeny was more appropriate

Maybe you could try persuading your local UKIP / BNP / EDL / National Front to put up a candidate, by saying e.g. local Tory is soft pn crime. Maybe that will split the fascist vote ..... The more ways, the better .....

We need to reform the electoral system for Westminster. The sooner they adopt STV, the sooner people can vote for all the fascist parties at once :)

I'm gonna vote Corbyn. Not because I like labour and not because I agree with his policies, but because I feel he has had a lot of shit from the media and other politicians. Stands to reason that if a load of over privileged Tory wankers hate him, he's got to be ok :)

tumblr_nfmay8Lj0r1rdwfaho1_250.gif

Unfortunately it's heading back into the pits again thanks to the hateful party