• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mirtazapin and MDMA

TheGoodGuy

Bluelighter
Hey guys I really hope you can help me, I have a friend who wants to try MDMA for the first time sometime in July with me but she is on Mirtazapin 30mg a day and she has been since December so that´s about 4-5 month. I have searched a lot but I just can´t seem to find an answer to how long she needs to stop taking them I know there isn´t an easy answer to this and it would be best to slowly get off them but with that said I´ve seen people mention that 1 week to a month would be sufficient. and some say 4 days is enough since it has a half-life up to 40 hours but what are your guys thought on this.

I like to know an answer to this question not only so she can have a clean good first role with a full experience so we follow the same experience all the way through those 3-4 hours but also so she doens´t get hurt with Serotonin Syndrom or some shit like that. We plan on taking 120mg with no redose since I´m trying to find my sweet spot since i have never done under 250mg so I really hope someone can help us

It could be deadly to mix Mirtazapine and MDMA. In my opinion it's really not worth tapering off a therapeutic drug just to have a few hours of fun while risking ones mental health. I would have her just pass on MDMA honestly.

However if she does want to take MDMA anyways, she absolutely must taper and in my opinion not have taken any Mirtazapine for at least 10 days minimum. That being said, some people get withdrawals from Mirtazapine and she will be in a more fragile state, so the longer she is free of Mirtazapine the better. A month or longer would be ideal.

If her Mirtazapine is working for her then I really don't think she should mess with anything though.

I'll also add that girls are extra sensitive to MDMA and it would be unwise for a girl to take 120mg her first time.

Thanks for the great response you answered all i needed to know. But I don´t think 120mg is such a big deal to be honest I myself feel the effect of even small amount of drugs ALL drugs for example I get drunk of 1-2 beers and a very small line of coke etc. So I suppose my body react as easy to drugs as a skinny girl and I´ve never done under 250mg so I don´t think 120mg will do much damage at least not alone but maybe it will combined with the Mirtazapine.

But anyway I thank you again for your great response and I will of course tell her that it´s not wise also because people usually get depressed the days after and if she is on anti-depressives it might make things worse :/

In contrary to earlier believes about mirtazepine safety and interactions potentional, there seems to be a risk combining it with serotonine releasers, reuptake inhibitors and mao-inhibitors.

I myself misinformed someone on tramadol, which is a releaser i think, that it could be combined. She luckily never did but I thought it was really as safe as portraited on some inetrnet pages. But I was wrong in that regard. The same thing will hold true for MDMA and the like. So don't it's not worth the possible complications.

Maybe this info is usefull http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/781617-Tramadol-and-Mirtazapine?highlight=mirtazapine+tramadol

I tapered off a 22 mg dose in like 4 days, no withdrawal, but then again I'm going through an LTC so everything is all screwed up so I'm unique.

But yeah....What cotcha said....Skip the MDMA

Thanks for the great response you answered all i needed to know. But I don´t think 120mg is such a big deal to be honest I myself feel the effect of even small amount of drugs ALL drugs for example I get drunk of 1-2 beers and a very small line of coke etc. So I suppose my body react as easy to drugs as a skinny girl and I´ve never done under 250mg so I don´t think 120mg will do much damage at least not alone but maybe it will combined with the Mirtazapine.

:/

You can bet that it will be a horrible non euphoric experience...whether it does permanent damage or kills her nobody can say for sure. But what is the point of doing it if you won't even get a pleasant high from it?

Listen to the cotcha about being off the drug for at least ten days. Not having any the same day or even a day or two before is not enough time to avoid potential death.

Your logic on comparing drug effects to weight of a person and that somehow "all drugs" affect a person with the same relative intensity is very flawed. Not trying to be a jerk, you just need to know that despite hearing that logic from your friends it is very faulty.

So Lucidsreamr what is your expert advice then can she never try MDMA according to you? She will consult her doctor and try to get of the Mirtzapine probably be 1½ month clean from the drug before taking MDMA with me doesn´t that sound reasonable? I mean the drug just have to clear the system so at some time she ought to be able to use it and 1½ month sounds pretty good but what do you think?

The real question is why is she taking the Mirtazapine in the first place. If it's for depression and it's working, then why stop just to take ecstasy which can cause depression?

If it's not working, then self-medicating with a psychostimulant like MDMA is probably attractive to her but it won't be a long term solution.

MDMA has also helped people out of depression even after a single use with no therapeut. But i see where you guys are heading, I will talk to her about it. But I too had depression a few years back and I´m fine now and can use MDMA. So if she is over her depression "i don´t know if she is" then why shouldn´t she be able to use MDMA just like i do every 6-8 month? <3