• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Over 3 months on Suboxone - no major WD symptoms

Day 16
2mg bupe and .25mg clonazepam. Was super productive today (Saturday). Cleaned a lot in my house, got personal work done, walked outside in the sun, relaxed, and went to bed at a decent hour. It was a good day and I felt good about it.

Day 17
Same as yesterday. 2mg bupe with .25mg clonazepam. I know these benzo doses are very low but I've been taking them more and more frequently and I'm honestly not sure why. I get anxiety but nothing like a panic attack, just general stress from life. I just got another refill (PRN 30 .5mg pills), which I know isn't a lot but still scares me of another dependency.

Another productive day. Got a little walk outside again. My plan is to get some home workouts in then finally get back to the gym, which I've been paying for the past 6 months and not using. I used to be really into working out like a power lifting/bodybuilding combo. Like to be strong but also look good when I take my shirt off. Overall a good weekend and looking forward to a good week as well.

Day 18
2mg bupe around 8:00 am. Once again, had a productive day, checking off items from my list. Cleaning, car inspection, and a home workout. Yesterday was my first home workout. I'll probably continue working out at home until next week when I'll have my car and get back to the gym. I was natural, big, and very strong. Of course being addicted destroyed that but luckily I don't look too bad for starting out again. I love going to the gym, my sleep, diet, and overall mood is great. It's just such a great chain reaction of positives. So I'm excited to start that.

For some reason last night I decided to take 1.5mg lorazepam. Not sure what I was looking for, some sort of high, euphoria... something. I got nothing, woke up the next morning extra tired and groggy. I also had a few drinks so probably not the smartest idea. Besides that feeling good and excited for the future.

Sounds like you’re doing pretty good TJ., keep it up :)
You mentioned taking more benzos, I find the Suboxone exacerbates my anxiety a lot, sometimes to the point of panic, but it got a little more tolerable by the third week. Have had PD and GAD since teens so it doesn’t scare me as much as it used to.

Thanks achemicalreaction. I think I'm taking them just to take them. Good for me though that my doctor probably won't prescribe me anymore and I only have like 10-15mg total left. Want to try to save them for when I jump off the suboxone in case there is some WD.

Day 19
2mg bupe and .5mg clonazepam around 6pm which helped a lot with sleep. I need to jump down to 1mg soon, maybe next week. Second day home workout but nothing crazy, just some arm exercises. Been eating relatively healthy. Breakfast is usually protein shake and a banana b/c it's my post workout meal. Been getting good sleep but I feel like I might be getting sick. Sinus congestion, sore throat kinda sick but not feeling too bad. Next week will start my gym workouts which are usually good b/c once I get to the gym I get in the workout mood. Anyway, things are good but nothing really new to report.

Day 20
2mg bupe at 8:30am and .5 lorazepam around 6pm. I really need to stop taking them, the only benefit I get is good sleep and I usually wake up groggy. Plus I drink at night so I end up just passed out on the couch and forget everything about the shows I watched. Keeping up with my home workouts, even though they are brief, I've been getting sore and eating healthier. Next week is when I actually go to the gym and I think I'm going to document my trnasformation. Took pictures this morning (honestly don't look too bad) and plan on taking them weekly.

Things are good and if everything goes according to plan exercising and eating healthier should make lowering and finally jumping off the bupe much easier.

Day 21
2mg bupe and no benzos. Had a really busy day but got everything done that I wanted to. Another night of a lot of drinking but it was social. The plan is to cut down or stop this week so that's my next goal.

Day 22
2mg bupe and .25 clonazepam. Didn't get much sleep b/c I passed out on the couch so I took the clonazepam early in the morning hoping to get more sleep. I ended up getting about 2 more hours. Today was very relaxing and full of food, watched TV shows and ate like a king. My throat has been hurting me so I hope I'm not getting sick.

Day 23
2mg bupe 8:00am and no benzos, a small victory. Everything was just normal today, the only negative I can think of was that I did not workout at all. Haven't really been feeling 100% but that shouldn't be an excuse. Still haven't smoked a cig and today I'm going to try and not drink anything and hope that continues through the week. Also this week I should make my way down to 1mg bupe, we'll see.

Day 23
2mg bupe 8:00am and no benzos, a small victory. Everything was just normal today, the only negative I can think of was that I did not workout at all. Haven't really been feeling 100% but that shouldn't be an excuse. Still haven't smoked a cig and today I'm going to try and not drink anything and hope that continues through the week. Also this week I should make my way down to 1mg bupe, we'll see.

Little victories are good! Congrats. I am struggling in the early part of Day 3 no subs... waffling on if I should take a crumb (.5 or so). But I was pleased with myself for getting through yesterday and especially last night with without taking sub or kratom. It was not easy!

Good luck with the alcohol battle, I am also fighting it alongside you. So hard. Especially when it's in my house and I feel insecure about asking my wife to dump it or hide it or lock it up like I'm a teenager. Though I do hide bottles on occasion. One thing at a time. Let me kick this opiate nonsense and go from there.

Keep us posted. I am a follower of your threads, as our plights are similar. Do you have kids and stuff? I wish I could just hole up in the house for a week and emerge a new man. Oh well.

Congrats on day 3, that's great!

I'm in the same mindset as worrying about 1 thing at a time to not overwhelm myself. But no DOC and no cigs for a few months now so I think it may be time to confront the alcohol. Not going to drink tonight and probably not tomorrow, but the goal right now is to just drink on the weekends.

No kids, but I have a wife who is very supportive and we plan on cutting down the drinking together, which is huge for me.

Day 24
2mg bupe 8:00am. No benzos and no cigs. I need to get to 1mg soon, probably this weekend. I did drink a lot last night but it was all out and social, for some reason I think that's better than drinking alone. Woke up feeling like crap which I'm kind of used to by now. Alcohol is my next battle that will begin tonight, NO DRINKS. And stick to just the weekends and eventually get back to the gym but 1 thing at a time for now.

Day 25
2mg bupe 8:00am, 1mg lorazepam split into 2 doses, but NO cigs or alcohol. Feeling pretty good this morning about not drinking and honestly I wasn't really craving it either. There was some in the house too. I want to drink, I enjoy it, I just felt like it was getting out of control. I'm confident I can stick to just the weekends. Next weeks goals is to start working out and cut my bupe dose down to 1mg. Anyway hope everyone is doing good.

Great job on abstaining from alcohol last night. It is such a challenge, for me at least. And I know it's not doing those of us recovering from opiates any favors.

I haven't posted in a few days, and even though I haven't made it to the gym and I'm still on bupe, I'm actually doing really well. To summarize:

No cigs = 3-4 months?
No oxy = 3 months
No alcohol = 4 days

The only thing I'm taking is bupe and a benzo like 1-2/week which to me is a huge win. Had a doctors visit yesterday and my blood panel revealed that I'm healthier than last year with cholesterol and triglycerides (which was my doc's primary focus) in the normal range. I suspect when I start exercising it will level out even more. My back has been bothering me so my doctor prescribed a muscle relaxer, Cyclobenzaprine (flexeril), never heard of it. He also refilled my clonazepam which I'll save for jumping off the bupe, if need be. Anyway, I've stopped counting days and plan to taper the bupe very soon, probably a few more weeks until jumping.

Great job on abstaining from alcohol last night. It is such a challenge, for me at least. And I know it's not doing those of us recovering from opiates any favors.
Thank KraziKat! I haven't stopped at your thread in a while but I hope you are doing well. It was a challenge for me but I can't say why I stopped for the past few days, my wife has stopped with me so that definitely helps. We don't plan on quitting just cutting down to only weekends. I've never had a problem with alcohol, at least not that I'm aware of, but it caused me to make stupid decisions.

Not sure what day it is but it's been a little while but I have some good updates.

- Dropped to 1mg bupe for the past few days and feeling good on it
- Been going to the gym for the past week
- Eating healthier, probably due to the gym
- Still no cigs
- Restricted drinking to weekends only

The only thing that I'm not too happy about is that I've been taking benzos like 3 times a week. Not much though, like .5mg each time. Don't see a reason for concern but I'm scared it's a replacement for alcohol. Anyway, hope you all are doing good and I'm gonna try and stop by your threads soon.

Still on 1mg of bupe but I've noticed my benzo intake has increased a bit. Nothing extreme but probably using about 4 days/wk, between .5 and 1mg of lorazepam or clonazepam w/e I feel like. Anyway I really want to save the benzos in case I need them for the bupe jump but I also have kratom. Three more days on 1mg, then .5 for a week then trying to jump so I'm close to the finish line. Been going to the gym weight lifting and getting some cardio in during the past 2 weeks so that should help a lot. I used to be a pretty big dude 250lb with some really high lifts so maybe if I get back to that point I'll be posting in the lifting/exercise section. One day at a time!