• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Over 3 months on Suboxone - no major WD symptoms

I completely understand the means in which you obtain drugs, even if taken for the same exact purpose, can still not make you feel totally clean.

I don't have much bupe left and probably won't buy more but these zubsolv tablets are really a pain the ass to get lower than 1-2mg. The only way I've heard of people successfully going below 1 with these is the basically crush them into powder and split it that way. Might have to try that as I only have like 4mg of the film left and will probably use that for micro doses towards the end.

Day 5
2mg zub around 8:30am. No benzos today. Not much to report. Had a good day at work and a great night. Went out with the wifey and had a great time. Even though I'm on bupe it's nice to know I don't need to go out and buy something just to make me feel ok. It really is a great feeling.

Day 6
2mg zub 8:00am and .5mg lorazepam. Busy day today but got to sleep in a few hours later and had a giant breakfast. Had another great night out. I have been drinking a lot lately. Not out of depression or stress (at least not that I'm aware of), but going out and having fun type of drinking. I don't know, I feel like if I'm mentioning it here then it's could be something. Day 7 not cigs! Pretty happy about that. Even when I didn't use I would smoke when I drank, haven't done that in over a week.

Day 7
2mg zubsolv around 8:00am. No benzos or cigs today which I'm pretty happy about. I had a really hard time sleeping last night not sure exactly why. Felt a bit stressed/anxious but couldn't put my finger on the cause. I do have a bunch of ambien I can take for sleep instead of benzos which would probably be better. I am still drinking a decent amount at night which I intend to cut down on. Anyway pretty much same old same old.

Hi TJ! I just read your thread for the first time, and I am in a very similar situation as you. My DOC for the last 5 years or so was oxy, the blue 30s. I've tried to quit, relapsed, rinse and repeat. Everytime I strung together several weeks or even a month or two off blues, I'd simply become addicted to kratom, dosing 3 or 4 times a day. Sure, I'd use subs here and there, but always just as a bridge to next score of pills, or a bridge from oxy detox to kratom as ORT.

My oxy use as was yours was between 180 and 210 I'd say... 6 or 7 blues a day. Just unsustainable and crippling financially. I'm tired of feeling in a constant state of WD.

This time around I am trying to kick kratom. I'd like to be off oxy and kratom, and subs. I would like to live free of craving something everyday to be well, or normal.

Today I am on day 6 of subs. Started at two days at 2 mg. Today is Day four at 1 mg. I feel only okay. A little rough. But could be symptoms from last night's booze. Like you, I drink a good amount nightly, which ideally I'd like to improve upon.

I plan on dropping to .5 mg tomorrow, but we'll see. Tonight I'll try to only have a couple beers and stick to MJ. Running very low on my stash of xanax, which I've been using nightly for a week as well.

Thanks for stopping by. Very similar indeed! The drinking tends to prop up when I'm on bupe, not sure exactly why. Are you feeling like you're stabalizing on 1mg or is it still a little rough? What's the end of your taper schedule look like, how low do you plan to go? I've always done something similar, staying at a dose for 4-5 days then dropping at least 25%. The lowest I've gone is .5mg then jumping from there. Overall I was on for just under 3 months and didn't experience any WD. I did exercise, eat healthy, and start on kratom after subs so those are probably the main reasons for the lack of bupe WD.

Do you have a journal or thread started for your journey? I would like to follow. Anyway, good luck!

Thanks for stopping by. Very similar indeed! The drinking tends to prop up when I'm on bupe, not sure exactly why. Are you feeling like you're stabalizing on 1mg or is it still a little rough? What's the end of your taper schedule look like, how low do you plan to go? I've always done something similar, staying at a dose for 4-5 days then dropping at least 25%. The lowest I've gone is .5mg then jumping from there. Overall I was on for just under 3 months and didn't experience any WD. I did exercise, eat healthy, and start on kratom after subs so those are probably the main reasons for the lack of bupe WD.

Do you have a journal or thread started for your journey? I would like to follow. Anyway, good luck!

I do have a thread going... though it made me depressed as hell after my most recent relapse that lasted a only 5 days but set me back to square one, so I felt. It's on SL, after I post here, I post on it to bring it to the top. Krazikat's final quit or some nonsense. I'm actually feeling kinda rough atm... maybe the 2 mg dosages kinda wore off? It's manageable, I guess, but I'm pretty achy all over.

I'm not really sure of my plan. I probably only have 8 mg or so of sub left, and I don't want to get more subs, blues or kratom. And I'm very much afraid of a long drawn out sub WD. Thinking I'll try and drop down to .5 tomorrow, or just remain on 1 for another day or two. And tonight I'll try and stick to beer.

Hey stick in there, I'll be stopping by your thread in SL. Sounds like the relapse is really getting to you, as mine have gotten to me (can't even remember how many). I relapsed about a week ago for 2 days after being clean for I think 3 weeks and it really made me feel like all the progress I made is gone but that's not true. I think of them as a reminder to not do that shit again and also the fact that it was only for a few days and not years.

I'm in the same situation, only have about 8mg sub left and still taking probably 1.5-2/mg a day. I'll have to cut down quick, maybe 1mg for like 5 days then .5, skip days, then jump. I have kratom and benzos in case there are any WDs. I remember the days of not needing anything, besides sustenance, to get through the day and be happy, those were the days!

Day 8
Took maybe 1.5mg zubsolv. So hard to tell b/c they crush when you try to split them. Hardly got any sleep the night before but somehow felt fine the entire day, maybe a little groggy. Been eating pretty healthy and taking all my vitamins and such. For some reason today I decided to take 1.5mg lorazepam, was feeling stressed and remembered that I go no sleep the night before. So around 6pm took my lorazepam and it seemed like maybe it gave me energy? Or possible it calmed me down to be happier which in turn gave me a little boost, IDK. I did end up going to bed at a decent time and getting very solid sleep. Might pick up some more bupe for the taper not sure yet.

I do have a thread going... though it made me depressed as hell after my most recent relapse that lasted a only 5 days but set me back to square one, so I felt. It's on SL, after I post here, I post on it to bring it to the top. Krazikat's final quit or some nonsense. I'm actually feeling kinda rough atm... maybe the 2 mg dosages kinda wore off? It's manageable, I guess, but I'm pretty achy all over.

I'm not really sure of my plan. I probably only have 8 mg or so of sub left, and I don't want to get more subs, blues or kratom. And I'm very much afraid of a long drawn out sub WD. Thinking I'll try and drop down to .5 tomorrow, or just remain on 1 for another day or two. And tonight I'll try and stick to beer.

I sure do miss those days. It's been a good five years for me on the roller-coaster. I took 1 mg sub film again this AM. Last night I was all kinds of achy, craving, but I managed to get by with only two beers, 400 mg gabapentin, and .5 xanax. Actually slept quite a bit. I was laying there with this achiness in my legs, but I guess it subsided enough. Woke up in a mood as per usual these days... and wanting "something." I have tons of kratom but don't want to start the cycle again.

I consider that a win. Stepping from 2mg to 1mg is wonderful. Sounds like you should stabilize on 1mg pretty quickly. Getting down that lower .5-1 you can really stretch out 8mg. I totally relate to wanting "something". Shit, last night i took 1.5mg lorazepam just to have something and I've never gone over .5mg.

One day at a time. Not sure of your personal support, but you have a lot of people here on BL in your corner.

*Update* - Ended up picking up 5 more zubsolvs (5.7 which are equivalent to 8mg suboxone). I rationalized it by telling myself that I need more to complete my taper b/c I'm currently on 2mg per day. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad but I don't plan on being on bupe for more than 2-3 weeks. So hopefully I'll have a couple leftover.

Day 9
Still on 2mg around 8:00am. No benzos or any other meds besides vitamins. I was supposed to go to 1mg but I think since I knew I was grabbing more I stayed at 2mg. Anyway everything is pretty much the same except the drinking is getting worse. Used to be a half a bottle of bourbon (750ml) but the past week or so it's been 3/4 of the bottle. I wake up a little hungover but feel fine. I feel my benzo use is in control but the drinking might be getting a little out of hand. Might have to cut back or just do a mini detox, IDK. The benzo supply is running low, was thinking about reupping from my doc, if he'll even do that, but that might not be the best of ideas. Anyway, that's where my minds at.

Also, can drinking alcohol raise benzo tolerance?

Last edited:
Day 10
2mg bupe around 8:00am. 11 days no cigs. Ended up taking 1.5 lorazepam towards the end of the night b/c I wasn't planning on drinking but I did anyway. Got a great night sleep. Benzos seem to give me a bit of energy, I know it's supposed to be the opposite, but I guess the relief of stress/anxiety causes that. The bupe is doing its job, been very productive and feeling great lately. The only thing I really need to work on is the drinking.

Day 11 and 12
For some reason I upped my dose to about 4mg the past 2 days. .5mg lorazepam on day 11. I rationalize upping my dose with bullshit excuses. Still been drinking every night, and had 2 cigs on day 11. Which will probably be a one time thing due to it being someone else had cigs and I bummed some of them. Anyway not the best of weekends but it could have been worse.

Day 13
2mg bupe but didn't dose until around 1pm. Also dosed 1mg clonazepam around 6pm. I supposed it wasn't necessary but I was a bit stressed out with some stuff going on so it did help. Still drinking at night but the day is good. Keeping busy at work and usually have 3 solid meals and vitamins everyday. Can someone tell me if this make sense. These zubsolvs tablets are so tiny and they are hard to split anything lower than 2mg without crumbling. Would taking 2mg, skipping a day equate to taking 1mg for 2 days? Is that a feasible way to taper?

Day 14
Took what I think is 3mg around 8:00am. Took the 3mg b/c it's so damn hard to break them smaller. No benzos and no cigs. Same old same old, still drinking at night but waking up early for work and being productive. I started making a list of productive things todo and I accomplish at least 1 of those things a day. Haven't really had any strong cravings but I try to keep myself busy all day so when I do have downtime all I want to do is chill and relax. Hope you all are good.

Day 15
2mg bupe 8:00am along with .5mg clonazepam followed up later that night with 1mg bupe around 10pm. Couldn't sleep and didn't have any benzos with me so I decided on the second dose of bupe before bed. Bupe will usually give me energy but I had a few glasses of whiskey, and although going to bed late, I got solid sleep. Running very low on benzos so I might get another PRN script from the doc but still on the fence with that one. Only have like 4 8mg tablets left so I might grab more of them.

Day 13.

Second day 1mg suboxone. Took .5mg clonazepam around 530pm had a few drinks later that night but didn't really eat much so I fell asleep on the couch. Felt fine on 1mg maybe slightly more tired but there could be other contributing factors for that. Not really much to update other than I want to stop drinking during the week and only on the weekends. That's my goal for now, one thing at a time.

Nice job dropping down to 1 mg. You and I are similar. I feel so much better about myself when not drinking, but it's so hard I am finding. Cannabis helps with the cravings considerably, for me.

I'm on day 15 of sub taper. trying to not take .5 today, which is where I'm at.

Thanks but I've been up and down with my bupe dosage. 1mg to 3mg and the worst part is I feel OK on the 1mg I just take more for the energy it gives me.

No, I have not been taking kratom. I'm saving it for when I finally jump off the bupe. Last time I was on bupe for a bit over 2 months and used kratom when I jumped off .5mg bupe and hardly had any WD.

Just got my clonazepam PRN refilled (30 .5mg) and picked up 4 more zubsolvs. Probably not the best idea but I feel more comfortable having them.