• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

why has weed changed on me?

RogerSigval

Bluelighter
I've been smoking weed just about every day of my life since age fourteen and have been in love with it until very recently. I started drinking at age ten, so that was my "gateway," not weed. At any rate, in the last month or two weed completely changed on me and became entirely unpredictable. Sometimes it makes me panic; sometimes it makes me depressed. Other times, it seems to have no effect at all. I miss Mary, the safest of all drugs (if you want to call it a drug). My dealer, who is THE MAN, said it's all the hard drugs and alcohol that made this happen, but I'm not entirely sure. I believe he believes what he says, but I don't necessarily know if he's right about it.
Has anyone else had this experience?

Countless people "outgrow" cannabis.

I can't really pinpoint a specific cause, but the general trend seems to be that the drug stops creating the positive symptoms of a typical high and really kicks the negative ones into overdrive, like paranoia and anxiety.

It doesn't happen to everyone, but I've heard this story often enough to think that it's possible for pretty much anyone to lose that magical appeal of cannabis. My opinion: it all depends on personal body chemistry and personal drug habits (i.e. how often and much you smoke, not referring to other drugs.) Your other drug use may have played a factor, but I don't think alcohol did at all. The most likely class of drugs to ruin future cannabis experiences would be fellow psychedelics and, more specifically, straight-up hallucinogens. If you were into any of that, then yeah, there's a good chance there's some correlation. If you were just fuckin' around with dope or coke or whatever, I doubt that's the issue but I really can't say for sure. This is all speculation on my part.

Your situation isn't really unusual, but it definitely sucks and I sympathize with it. I dread the day weed just doesn't have any appeal to me anymore-- hope it never comes, to be honest.

This happened to me too, around the time of a nervous breakdown I had in 2014... now even vaping a small amount brings strong feelings of dysphoria and apprehensiveness. It really sucks!

I'm doing research to see if anyone has found a solution for this. The suggestion to "just stop smoking weed" isn't good enough for me. We can do better than that. I actually wish a few scientists would start working on this... I have a strong feeling that it could be neurobiological (and potentially reversible).

when this happens, you need to take a long break (maybe a few years) and then come back to it when you are at a new place in your life. I quit smoking weed for seven years one time cuz all i got from it was paranoia and anxiety and horrible panic attacks. Now Ive been smoking weed about 5 out of every seven days for the past four years or so and I have probably only had about 10 bad panic attacks in that whole time. Granted it still sucks I had 10 panic attakcs but Id say its been worth it considering all the enjoyable and insightful highs ive had in that time. Weed helps gain new perspectives on life and can lift me out of depression. I love cannabis but its not nearly as psychologically harmless as some people make it out ot be, it can cause some serious anxiety and psychotic type reactions especially in people like me who are mentally unstable to begin with.

I've heard about this a lot, and it happened to me too. I switched to hash and haven't looked back since :)

Maybe try and smoke only indica strains as they are better for reducing anxiety