Poly drug needs to be talked about

Cj1231990

Greenlighter
I think more should be done that people are aware of the dangers of mixing different types of drug.

Poly drug use is not cool its not clever. Any young ones on here reading "this post should be aware of the dangers.

4 Posts and you decide to preach, Im gonna go ahead and. Whats the word for double Polying up.
Im sorry instead of ramble I should just be honest. Unless someone is hurting you (Or your brand ect)You and I say
This with all sincerity, Stay the Hell out of things that dont pertain to you.
Dont get me wrong im with you 100% keep te young ones off the shit, but your arrogance to think that everyone just waiting for you to tell us the right way.
You wouldn't walk around walmart telling people how to buy Alcohol safely. If you do then never mind sir I'll just let you continue preaching.

Actually using Downers to help deal with the "Comedown" effects of speed, is kinda clever. Know Your body , know your dose.

<Sigh> Sorry I dont know what that was all about you have a right to speech and your opinion, Been working to hard lately I guess. Excuse my rambling

I think more should be done that people are aware of the dangers of mixing different types of drug.

Poly drug use is not cool its not clever. Any young ones on here reading "this post should be aware of the dangers.
Why then do doctors prescribe Adderal and Valium? Simply saying don't mix different drugs is not harm reduction. People will do it with or without guidance. Ever heard of seratonin syndrome? There are dangerous combinations with legal SSRI's.
By the way some of us know drug use isn't cool or hip, but you seem to miss the point of Blue Light: an online community with a mission to help people not die tonight.

I wholeheartedly agree that people ahould be aware of dangerous drug combinations, however ploy drug use in general is not inherently dangerous. It depends on whats being combined and in what doses., which comes down to being informed. Information is a huge part of harm reduction, which is our biggest concern here at Bluelight.

It's more of a personality issue, some people (excluding me) can get along with safely using multiple
substances, on a regular basis. Just be sure not to mix possible lethal combinations and you should be okay (except for the possible addiction part)

It's more of a personality issue, some people (excluding me) can get along with safely using multiple
substances, on a regular basis. Just be sure not to mix possible lethal combinations and you should be okay (except for the possible addiction part)
As always get medical advice before you ingest something your not experienced with

Consult our mega thread on bad drug combinations and you'll find discussion on this very issue you speak of

To be quite honest, most of people I know here or else where uses a lot of different drugs. That's why some or most people are here for. Unless you are talking about teens that are begging to experiment drugs or people who suffer from pain and have benzodiazepines prescribed as part of the package of feeling better. I don't mean to diminish what you have said, just tell you that this is what we are here for. To get around the problem, to reduce the risks and live a better life.

I wholeheartedly agree that people ahould be aware of dangerous drug combinations. It depends on whats being combined and in what doses., which comes down to being informed. Information is a huge part of harm reduction, which is our biggest concern here at Bluelight.

Precisely.

My philosophy is that some stuff is safe to mix, and some stuff isn't. Also, some things are safe but ruin the experience for some. Then, there are things that are downright dangerous and could cause an OD when mixed. The bottom line is that you don't mix anything unless you're 100% sure they don't interact in a way that's dangerous. Because some things can send you to the hospital or worse if mixed yet other combos are quite safe.

Slightly on topic, if one was diagnosed as a kid with multiple medications, sure the doctor would know the safe combinations, but let's say, theoretically, it was an 11 year old boy. They take vyvanse, guanfacine, and mirtazapine to combat their "ADHD and Depression".

I understand the way the doctor intends for the medications to interact, but it differs for everyone, and all those medications could mess with their development and ability to cope with issues without drugs. For example, if they happen to ingest some MAOI(unlikely), it could seriously harm them, but doctors never told me about interactions between antidepressants and other drugs, and I assume that most still don't to this day. If the family doesn't show patience with their kid and simply gives hem medicine, it could do harm to their growth and ability to cope with issues without the aid of meds.

Anyway, what is your opinion on this drug combination?

may be a real situation, thats why i ask :/

4 Posts and you decide to preach, Im gonna go ahead and. Whats the word for double Polying up.
Im sorry instead of ramble I should just be honest. Unless someone is hurting you (Or your brand ect)You and I say
This with all sincerity, Stay the Hell out of things that dont pertain to you.
Dont get me wrong im with you 100% keep te young ones off the shit, but your arrogance to think that everyone just waiting for you to tell us the right way.
You wouldn't walk around walmart telling people how to buy Alcohol safely. If you do then never mind sir I'll just let you continue preaching.

This, some sense, thank you.
Harm reduction goals can not be reached by preaching chastity and abstinence like a guilt ridden church choir.
OP Instead why don't you inform actual users about safety by answering their questions and explaining them the safer ways of using pharmaceuticals?
Tez

Last edited:
Some people might ingest multiple substances unknowingly, in instance taking 2 different pressed pills or doses of crystals sold as MDMA, when this is not the case and ignoring how many drugs they could be taking that are not MDMA and what the possible consequences are.
If they are properly informed and warned of risks and how to reduce them, they might think twice about ingesting different presses and/or crystals, especially if it's impossible to reagent test the substances before use, and use accurate scales in case of crystals or powders.

Doctors are the worst for polypharmacy. Take this drug then this one to deal with the side effects of the first one and before you know it your on four different drugs and don't know what ones are causing any side effects you may be experiencing. As for recreational polypharmacy it's so common I mean having a beer with a joint or a cigarette is technically polypharmacy but not really dangerous but mixing benzos with opiates and then adding alcohol is fairly dangerous although I've done this myself quite a few times and lived to tell the tale so to make a blanket statement about not mixing drugs at all is kinda pointless. People just need to know there limits and know they're own tolerances to stay safe if they choose to mix substances to have a bit of fun.

Polydrug use is when you REALLY can go crazy. I don?t believe in using more than one controlled substance daily. But after taking pretty much everything nothing feels good to be on long term but my antidepressants (which like any substance will make you feel the opposite when you try to quit, so I would say I?m addicted to them but unlike substances that get you high, it doesn?t cause suffering instantly it?s more drawn out and mental)
That?s my opinion. I can?t say much good about any drugs after years of trying to make them work for me.

I just took my morning methadone and Valium. I'm going down 10 a week from 115. Sometimes poly drugs are needed or I'd be killing my neighbor with a shovel

I appreciate everyone's opinion and I'm glad when people report bad experiences because I won't go through the same thing! Also I would never in a million years tell my doctors all of my information, especially because I can Google and get almost the same information they get. I got overly honest once with my ob/gyn the day before my cesearean was scheduled. He said that because of my past I would only get toradol! Then he left for the weekend! No one could reach him and none of the on call drs would give me anything. I was in agony and very pissed off. Honesty is a great thing but it's useless if you don't ihave a healthy dose of reality too. I get enough shit from pharmacists and nurses who are judgemental and unprofessional. This all took place in 1993! Imagine how much worse it would be today. Best to just keep your mouth shut imho

You wouldn't walk around walmart telling people how to buy Alcohol safely. If you do then never mind sir I'll just let you continue preaching.[/QUOTE]

I love this analogy. So true.