• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

day 4 of opiate withdrawal-- decided to go for a run and it backfired

withdrawinglurker

Greenlighter
I didnt sleep at all last night due to RLS and in the morning it seemed as though my RLS stopped and now it was onto the mental games of the withdrawals..

I was hit with depression pretty hard this morning and I was going insane I wanted to give in but i decided to eat mash potato and oranges and go for a run
I couldnt even get up the stairs this morning but i ran a mile in the afternoon BUT WTF MY RLS CAME BACK X10000000

exercise made me feel good mentally but ultimately i am feeling so defeated... I really cant handle RLS anymore. Im so sick of being comforted by the warm waters of the showers and then being whipped with the cold once the water goes off.

i need some support

RLS is what makes me cave every time.... The RLS which makes sleep impossible, as if it wasn't already impossible...

But you most definitely did the right thing. Maybe a little extreme, but physical activity is extremely important. It helps boost your testosterone levels, gets other hormones back into production and even vitamin absorption. You need to get any bit of natural dopamine to your brain that you can. The lack of dopamine is one of the top "things" that cause withdrawal. Spicy foods, chocolate, scary movies, sex and other thrilling things, all release dopamine. Exercise and pain IMO release the most dopamine.

You have to be careful not to exert yourself too much at the beginning. Only do what you can handle. Your malnutrition and horribly imbalanced chemicals make it impossible to do anything, and over exerting yourself will not help you at all. Its just another extreme your body will rebound from and make you feel like dirt.

You are on the right track my friend. you are quitting a horrible habit. It is no easy task no matter how you look at it. Any approach You will have to suffer in some way. I am sorry to say that, but its the truth. I am going through the same thing myself right now. its no easy task. but you got this man. You're on day 4. Its all downhill (as in easier) from here. We are all here for you, you have come to the right place.

Best of luck Withdrawinglurker!

I can't do opiate withdrawal without comfort med anymore. Once I passed 25 that shit is just too brutal.

Don't take pm pills bruh. I stopped taking them during w/d and I barely get rls anymore

if you say you cant take it anymore you wont be able to. You can take it. Trust me, you can take about 10x more, which you don't believe at the moment, but if your life depended on it you could. Just hang in there. and I second what buddy above me said, don't take antihistamines or sleeping shit it makes RLS worse.

thanks

im on day 9 or 8 still have RLS.... However it is getting easier to get outa bed everyday(even tho i still sleep for 2-3 hours max)

eating 2 bannas before i sleep and nuts throughout the day seem to help a lot with the RLS :( I want this over with