• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Suspended sentence

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Hi folks, hope its ok to talk about this, I been looking through the forums and its hard to find a forum that sort of covers this , so lets just call it politics, well for years I had a serious drug habit and funded it with crime , I ended up doing a good few short sentences but my point is, I do have a shoplifting problem even not on drugs, and im trying so hard at the mo not to ive cut my habit to once a fortni ght. But last year around october I commited a small offense, and its very noticeable on my criminal record and charge sheet that im trying ,ok they say dont do the crime and u wont get the time, these 3 judges gave me 4 weeks suspended for a year which means for 1 year and its a long time, I cant do nothing , ive noticed now im not going out at all, as im scared and dont, trust me, judges should take a
Step back and also the police and start looking for and finding real criminals like drug pushers, robbers, etc etc, im not saying shoplifting is ok as its not, no crime is but come on if the goverment is not helping me enough and I have worked before ,and during my habits I also worked. All am saying is give people a chance to rehibilitate, many years ago we got chances in the uk with drug orders but these were exposed by non addicts, pretending to be addicts and they were getting drug orders to escape prison.(so who do we blame for that), me personally its sheer lazyness by the goverment and the nhs for not making sure these people were proper addicts, check out their crimes, their medical history , their backgrounds as I know for a fact 9/10 of these people were not addicts therefore they were taking away someones place,who is an addict and needs the treatment, now drug, ordes barely exist, and people like myself are getting long long suspended sentences, even though we are trying it seems like the judges are now really punishing petty drug addicts who steal food,alcohol to sell but also we do it as theres no other way of getting it if u have no money. I know I am going to get crucified for this blog and I deserve it as anyone who steals should be punished, im positive like 100 yrs ago u got the death penalty for theft but common lets be realistic here there are many different levels of theft which should be punished accordingly.
Again what im saying can be argued,as
People say theft is theft. So judges put the ones who deserve to be in prison in prison not just anyone,no wonder our jails are full and are being taken over by prisoners, dam right too , im sick of it, and im glad prisoners are finally recognising that their is a lot of misjustice and why should we listen to a unqualified prison guard, when we shouldnt even be in the place to start off with, again I speak for the petty crimes as certain people definetly deserve to be locked up and the key thrown away. So finally to the judge just remember not all crime should be punished as severly as your doing. (ok hit me people).

I have read your post a few times and its likely not relevant to this forum but will say you need to take a good look at your actions and if you really cant see what you are doing as being wrong then what you wrote you should explain yourself to the judge next time and see what they say back.

Youre not entitled to just steal anything you want any more than anyone else is.

I would say this probably belongs in LAVA.

these 3 judges gave me 4 weeks suspended for a year which means for 1 year and its a long time, I cant do nothing , ive noticed now im not going out at all, as im scared

So what you're saying is that their sentence is working?

This is not me trying to hit you, but if you were the judge, and it was you scratching your head trying to figure out how to help someone like you escape crime but also protect the rest of society from your robbing, what would you do? Do you really think they're being unjust?

I knew id get negative feedback, and I was trying to look at it from the other side (judges), please say what u think . Actually u guys av been pretty kind and cfc I used to steal from stores, past tense, am not trying to say that was ok back then to do that, but id never rob a person, I sheepishly used to fill my bag up with certain orders from people and im going back 2 yrs. Now even cheese is tagged, I would try steal like £40 to £50 of meat,coffee, and toilitries, basically whatever my people wanted , god I look back now, what a scallywag ,luckily the short sentences really hurt me so I did stop and decided no more daily useage, get a job, get a life man and I do still struggle on a daily basis, oh yes cfc hope its not celtic fc ur username as im a rangers fan ha ha , london is one hell hole for me at the mo and really I got nothing here but my dad who wants me to move anyway , its just about contacts up north or even bournemouth,cornwall, cotswolds all lovely as ive been to them, and of course property is that bit cheaper ,still need a deposit as I got lucky, im in a 1 bed-studio in tottenham but its so horrible,unfriendly,polluted, u name it, im grateful for a roof over my head but im far from happy due to the location, thieving is bloody harmless guys ha ha

Just steal copies of Steal This Book by Abbie Hoffman and then give them to libraries to satisfy your urge lol

I guess I can see both sides.

I have serious disdain for the big supermarket chains, so part of me thinks I don't really see it as much of a huge crime/issue.

But then again I can see why they do, and I guess they have a lot influence over the judicial system with regards to this going on, and obviously it funds addiction with is a huge issue responsible for a lot of crime in general. I see it as an issue as a reflection to that.

How do you genuinely feel about it within yourself though, Jay? You do mention it a lot so I'm assuming you have a bit of an internal battle going on over this?

Last edited:
Theres another way of looking at it.

What you shoplift might be worth very little financially but it is worth as much as your own freedom as if you get caught taking it then you have cost yourself some of your life as you will go to jail.

You have to decide if you care about your life and freedom enough to want to put that in front of your compulsion to steal.

Not to mention how your choices affect your loved ones who would end up seeing you in jail.

tranced,how ya doing I got down to 20ml of meth from 40 quite easy a ml a day , hard part to come now though, anyway to answer ur quieston about supermarkets I know its not right or everyone would be at it and security would not be there and also its past tense but I do look back and of course apart from my ,jail sentences short thank god, I do admit when I got awa..y it was a buzz.