• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Sorting out 3-MeO-PCP and its side effects

thizzkid

Bluelighter
Okay not sure if this should be in another section but MOD's you know what to do about placement;

To anyone reading this i wanted to speculate upon some of the weirder side-effects that 3-Meo-PCP can cause. This thread is meant for people who have done 3-meo more than a few times and have had enough experiences with it to know what is normal or not.

A lot of people have now tried this compound no doubt and it seems to be a good time to start to narrow in on some of the cause and effects that this drug has.

For this thread let's place some ground rules or standards and what not. To avoid breaking sourcing rules lets just say that wherever you got your stuff from doesn't matter, and we should assume maximum purity, but that's beside the point

There are some obvious weird side effects and some less obvious side effects that cant be pinpointed yet but these are, in my experiences;

- Unexplained lacrimation
- Thick tears
- Paresthesia
- A very "paper"-like feeling in the skin
- Strange smelling urine
- etc. etc.

I'll start with an example template like this:

Dose: 10mg
ROA: Nasal, followed by a saline spray to cleanse the nose

Side-effect: 3hrs after administration, thick, sticky tears flowing from my eyes when emotion isn't involved.

Otherwise a very clean 3-meo experience, with most of the weird side effects coming later.

I worked through a gram that was active at 3mg across around 1 month. No unexpected side efeects at all.
Managed to quit alcohol and caffeine tho. Back on both now, but less amounts.

Also some very grand ideas... but thats it.
I can add:
Dosed most days, some breaks.
Largest single dose 15mg
Most daily doses 10 to 15 mg incrementally over around 4 hours
No comedown effects, just miss it as it was very helpful and productive.

Paresthesia and numbness is a direct effect of the PCP. Other changes in urine, tears, mucus are likely not directly drug-related unless you find they are reproducible over and over with the same dose/setting.

I've never had any of those side effects from 3-MeO-PCP and I've used it quite a bit, even heavily at times, over the past 2 years. I really find it to be almost entirely transparent physically aside from the dissociation aspects of its primary effects (if taken above a low level).

My experience with RC dissociatives is pretty in-depth, but there are surely those with more knowledge than I. I've done about 3 grams of 3-meo-pcp in total. Highest single dose was around 50mg. I never had any of the side effects like thick teas like you mention.

I ended up flushing it because I was doing it too often.

- I'd venture the guess that thick salty tears may have something to do with effects on fluids in the body: you should also drink a lot of water on 3-MeO-PCP in my experience. Not sure how this is mediated.
- Smelly urine is probably from metabolites in the urine.
- It can be stimulating and even cause convulsions in very high doses, but your behavior is likely to be more problematic/dangerous at that point.
- Changes in sensations, numbness and paraesthesia are expected side-effects.

There is a multitude on combinations I would personally avoid, but I don't want to get into the specifics right now.

I am mostly done using it because it lost it's 'sparkle'.

Hey there all; thanks for the replies. I have been busy finishing up with university and havent been able to check this.

The most interesting side effect to me (largely because no one else seems to get it) is the thick tears. Again this only occurred/occurs upon nasal ROA and not all the time, but it was not a 1 time thing. Perhaps the close proximity to the nasolacramal duct and/or a different collection of CYP's in that vicinity versus the more popular oral ROA is responsible?

Has anyone who has replied to this been insuflating? For the record, IME it is a cleaner (in the pharmacological sense; ie: seems to have a more specific effect) than oral dosing, but the thickening of tears is just an utterly confusing effect.

Of course it may not have anything to do with the 3-meo, butttttt, I mean the correlation from my own personal experience is strong. Its not like a painful sensation or anything, just strange.

I suspect the 3-meo may have a relation to the tears when used intranasally for the reasons you suggest. I have noticed this side effect as well on more than a couple occasions. It feels cleansing in a way on the tear ducts. I tend to laugh a lot on 3-meo, and a hearty laugh can produce those tears, they feel a little more oily or slick than normal cry tears.
Otherwise I agree that it is physically very transparent, as in the effects I get are the effects I want, usually nothing more and usually nothing less.

I've experienced a few side affects from moderate to heavy use of 3-meo-pcp.
Smelly urine (mentioned above)

Dizziness, it really seems to mess with my balance for at least a week after discontinuing use. In particular when I tip my head back, I have had these problems without 3-meo-pcp due to particles in the fluid in my ears but 3-meo-pcp makes it really bad.

Depression the next day, especially after dosing high enough to hole. 90% of the time it makes me pretty damm happy the next day but when I get really fucked up I get the blues (I don't suffer depression normally).

Vivid memory recall, not a bad side affect but still a side affect. I'm talking remembering random things from early childhood that I thought were lost.

Another odd thing is noticing aches and pains in my body. I get pretty numb when dosing high and the following few days my nerves seem a bit sensitive.

Another side affect that is pleasurable is positive vivid dreams. It happened with mxe as well. I commonly experience uncomfortable dreams verging on nightmare's, but it never happens when I sleep after using 3-meo-pcp.

This and MXE are definite dream stimulators ('dream simulators' perhaps as well hehe) for those who might call themselves in a class of 'dreamers'. It does something to the mind that blends the brainwave patterns of woke states with dream states. Another effect I found that lasts looong after use is an effect on dream persistence, recall, lucid and vividry.

Speaking for myself, 3meo has a strong pull to achieve in reality what is achieved in dreams, and that spark is invaluable when applied with passion. Grandiose ideas may be considered a side effect for some, but I see it is an effect of a thinning veil between worlds.

Hi everyone, I've used 3-MeO-PCP quite a number of times over the last few years, sometimes heavily for days at a time. I have found that it has very few physical side effects. Mental effects, heh, it has quite a few. About the only weird physical side effect I get from it is compulsive spitting: if I take a large oral dose (30mg or more), I find that after about an hour, I have to spit quite regularly. I will even keep a cup around for this purpose. Every five minutes I have to spit. It's like the saliva just builds up in my mouth.

I noticed this side effect with large oral doses of ephenidine also. I wonder if it's something to do with the body detecting a foreign substance and trying to eliminate it. I can't think of any other drug that causes this side effect, and I've taken many, many RCs.

BTW, 3-MeO-PCP is a GREAT anti-depressent. After taking a few doses over the course of a week, I don't get any suicidal ideation or general depressive symptoms for a couple months. This stuff can be a live saver, as all NMDA antagonists are when you have a history of severe depression.

I'm currently in university, about to graduate, and using 3-meo-pcp. I've used almost 500 mg. I'm on it right now. It's pretty great. I experienced awful depression recently. I think this compound works well as an antidepressant. I'm taking amphetamine sulfate and weed during the day, and 3-meo-pcp and lsd on the weekends. I recently combined 150 mg MDA, prolly bout 50 mg of 3-meo-pcp, and lsd. The experience is incredible.
I notice these side effects:
I feel the effects the next day. I'm still tripping the next day.
I spontaneously started tripping on this drug a few days later. I felt the exact sensation in my head where it feels like my head is in a whirlpool.
I had random pain in my stomach after consuming this substance, and I felt it right before I wrote this. This however, might be due to being hungry and too high to know the difference: I work out too so I need to eat a lot.
I feel good the next few days after taking this drug if I take a normal amount
I feel bad two days after taking this drug if I took over 100 mg in a night but only for one day
Spontaneous recall of memories I thought were forgotten during the trip

I think 3-meo-pcp can help open up the window of your eyes. Shine!

Hi Woody,

Nice that you can maintain this lifestyle and graduate soon. Tripping the next day is not a side-effect, it is a primary effect and a result of the very long kinetics of drugs like these (PCP and direct analogues). Clearing it from your body (this always implies: to significantly low levels) can actually take days. Combining with other drugs can especially promote effects flaring up days later, but it is also known that taking drugs like weed can trigger psychedelic effects that make someone feel like a flashback after having taken powerful trip drugs. (To make things even more confusing: actual flashbacks involve reliving a powerful or traumatic memory in particular, psychedelics triggering each other may be similar but not for necessarily the same reasons as for example war flashbacks.)

I have taken this drug regularly before to try and combat depression / PAWS. It was moderately effective in that it "blanked me out" mentally (and thus can break negative thought patterns which can really fuel a depression) but I am adamant that this should NOT be seen as similar to why ketamine is an actual anti-depressant. K is so at a much lower dosage and is not reliant on the quality of the experience.

Actually I take dexamphetamine myself and also weed regularly (though I stopped because I don't have the money to keep this up), I also take drugs like LSD in weekends.... so pretty similar to you in a lot of regards.

If you take very high dosages the drug stays in your blood at considerable concentrations for that much longer, and like I said this can be on the scale of days. This obscures any REAL potential for depression which according to my definition is when the effect persists for much longer after it clears your body. MXE and K apparently could have an effect like that but I am not sure - only K is researched afaik, and therapeutic dosages are also quite a bit lower than recreational. Prescribed anti-depressants also usually only act as long as they are in your blood at sufficient levels, but taking recreational drugs in that fashion is so often an irresponsible idea IMO that it should not be considered anti-depressant. The reason is actually not that I am biased about damage although that would not be a bad reason, but that it is really not as impressive for a drug (like say MDMA) to acutely give you euphoria and to mistake this for anti-depressant effect while it is not an appropriate drug for that (unless you are very lucky and the experience itself helps you heal from something.)

Just thought I would warn you

and also point out how it's not really on-topic.

In PD there are threads on this drug and also discussions on the matter of this post.

In conclusion: I think there are reasons to suspect why a drug like this can easily fool a person about being anti-depressant so we can't really know unless it is researched better. I don't think I have used 100 mg before in one sitting though, be extra careful because PCP is known to actually cause depression when abused.

I have since lost the magic of 3-MeO-PCP (although to be fair this might also because I had already lost the K magic so this had a "head-start") and I would throw it in the trash if not for its analgesic potential.

Am happy about your benefits MoFo, and possibly it may be useful just because of breaking those negative thought patterns (possibly disrupting the default mode network), but even then it helps to realize how this is different from how K is used as an anti-depressant. Just... don't use this sort of stuff inappropriately expecting things that work differently. Especially because not all depressions have the same dynamics.
The reason K works is apparently because of a certain metabolite and it would actually be coincidental if a similar metabolite of PCP / 3-MeO-PCP worked similarly [on mTor].

Using this a few times a month effectively at low to normal dosages sounds great and entirely worth it... but be careful about confusing such patterns of use with recreational ones.

Last edited:
Also 100mg in one night is a HUGE amount. Positive results are easily achievable with a 10th of that amount. And combining it as you are with other drugs is another level of overkill. Doing it in bursts, like only on weekends, reduces overall risks, and as Solipsis stated, if 3meopcp can be used effectively as an antidepressant (rather than a euphoriant), doses would be much lower. I can attest to its effectiveness though if usage hits that sweet spot. I'm on day 5 of afterglow after a 3 day burst.