• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How LSD is compared to what you seen in movies

Ha! The supermarket trip vid reminds me when I went to the grocery store to buy yogourt while peaking on 10mg of 2C-E + 5mg of 2C-I. Highly recommended combo!!!

I've never ever seen a good depiction of psychedelics in a film. Does anybody think that this B&Q (UK hardware store) advert is in parts reminiscent of salvia though? Obviously without the repeating to infinity.

https://youtu.be/9_u5l_Y51og

Hmm your posts sounded funny as a comparison, had a look: objects folding or folding themselves in or out I have experienced on a few psychedelics but yeah on Salvia the spatial and temporal dimension aspects are major and among the first to get messed with for me instead of among the last like with typical psychedelics, which is devastating of course. Related salvia phenomena being things zipping or sliding. I find it kind of annoying though interesting to feel stuck as if I were not real but in a painting (and indeed flat and pasted against or on top of other things.)

Of course the comparison / reminiscence ends early and refers IMO to quite low stages of salvia trips, the high ones again being ineffable. Maybe VR could improve, but it will still just be a visualization like drawing a 'cube' in perspective is not actually a cube and you can only suggest perspective not create it with a limited medium.

I guess proper simulation of something like Salvia fucking up your time and space would require some futuristic neural interface, you might as well just take Salvia although that is less predictable than some simulated 'content'. And binaural beats aren't quite there yet are they :)

^The closest part for me is when the wooden decking is being layed on the ground. That sort of infinite stacking effect/noise. It's the exact noise I hear when this kind of stuff happens to me on salvia.

For me it happens in higher stage trips, but just at the start. So I'll kind of experience this stacking to infinity and end up in the salvia reality, where obviously pretty much anything goes.

some of the scenes in fear and loathing are close. The scene where the vines on the carpet in the hotel lobby are crawling around for example. more patterns and morphing but similar over all to that

while the scene where everyone turns into dinosaurs is more like amphetamine psychosis.

movies cant capture the mental aspects though.

^We'll never make it through this muck alive, no footing at all. Tell me about the fucking golf shoes..