• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Thanks Jail: 6 months clean off Tobacco/nicotine! Noticeable benefits? How'd ya quit?

Gold_Fish

Greenlighter
I was incarcerated for Felony 2 Robbery , roughly 6 months ago. Long story short, I robbed a bank, passed a note demanding money, completely mentally and physically debilitated (crazed) from methamphetamine and sleep deprivation. I turned myself in 24 hours after the robbery, because I was scared at where my life was going; I didn't want to be a bank bandit and do 10 years in federal prison.

6 months later, here I am, sober on everything besides my tramadol and gabapentin for tumor pain (in my cheek, saliva gland tumor).

ANYWAYS…. I probably have developed a tumor from smoking cigarettes for 10 years, as well as having a severe tin-foil habit of smoking pills, drugs, oils, you name it.

I am super grateful for my chance in jail, because I was able to come off the tobacco, methadone, and drugs in general. Now I have a fresh start, no physical addiction to any hard drugs.

TO THE POINT OF THE THREAD: WHAT BENEFITS OF QUITTING SMOKING HAVE YALL HAD? >>>

My hands and feet would always go cold and tingly, due to circulation problems. If I was laying down and reading, my hands would lose circulation due to them being propped above my head. Now I do not experience the cold circulation tingly sensations any more.

My skin is pinker, more color. I don't look so "grey".

I don't have a tobacco stench any more.

I have more time on my hands just in general, no more "quick breaks, brb".

Im sure I'll think of more but I am so disgusted by my cigarette habit; I want to keep this positive frame of mind by hearing benefits from others, even if sober only one day, or 50 years, post your benefits.