• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Mitral Valve Prolapse and drugs.

Kotori

Greenlighter
Hello there. Recently I've been diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse. Doctor said it's not so bad, but I should not lift anything heavy, run after the buses, etc. I'm currently 27 years old. My interests in drugs usually lie in various psychodelics and weed, but I'm also interested in other drugs. My next step would have been MDMA, but now I don't even know. I weight around 60kg, my dosage was suppose to be 120mg(crystals, and yes, I'm sure it's MDMA) with redosing 60mg after 2 hours. I would also use supplements from rollsafe. So, the main question is, how safe it is to take this with mitral valve prolapse? And I'm also curious about the other phenylethylamines, tryptamines, etc., since I don't really want to stop on psychodelics and stuff.

I feel fine overall, but my heart sometimes kinda "jumps". I smoke weed 2 times a week, and it doesn't really give me any heart problems. And no, I can't ask my doctor about this, coz' it's a suicide to do so in my country, and she won't give me an answer anyways.

Hi and welcome to BL. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It would be very unwise to consider using MDMA when you have MVP. Generally anything that places the heart under considerable stress is strictly contraindicated, and MDMA is a potent stimulant that will stress the heart. Have you been prescribed any medications for the MVP, like a beta-blocker?

I've been prescribed Panangin - http://vitamedd.com/en/pages/1342233
and Riboxin - http://drdoping.com/instructions/riboxin/

(it's kinda hard to find any info on this drugs in english, that's why I'm providing some links)
Judging from what you say, my junkie career is basically over, coz' all of them put heart under stress. Is this diagnosis really that bad? I mean, it's pretty much widely spread minor heart condition from what I heard.

The only thing you need to avoid are stimulants. Weed and most PDs aren't going to cause undue stress on the heart.

What's an undue stress? My heart rate on weed is 120+. PDs are always put me into shock, which causes my heart to go crazy. That's especially true with DMT, first 2-3 minutes are a nightmare. It's like an elephant has stepped on my chest, it's very hard to breathe. I thought it was just effects of the drug, until I learned about MVP. My dosage never exceeded 15mg coz' of this. Phenylethylamines are also cause stimulation, which you are telling me to avoid.

Ah, sorry to hear that, sounds like you do have quite a strong reaction/arrhythmia. And yes, definitely avoid PEA: most ~amine-type drugs will likely prove unsuitable.

You might want to talk to your cardiologist about a beta-blocker for your MVP. It's a more typical treatment option than inosine (riboxin) and should slow the heart rate more effectively.

Bump. OK, I still want to carry out my initial plan to take MDMA with supplements. I know it's kinda reckless, but MDMA is just too interesting to overlook. How high is the chance that I'm gonna end up killing myself? I mean, MDMA is pretty safe drug from what I've heard. And I read in the other thread here that the guy with MVP took the drug about 10 times, and didn't feel a thing to his heart. What should I do if emergency arises? Need some advice here, please.

None of us can give you any guarantees about your health, as I'm sure you must know. We are not your doctor, and if an emergency arises, you need to go to hospital, obviously.

You're unlikely to kill yourself with occasional use of stimulants, but it's unhealthy and could make your MV deteriorate more quickly (to the point that the valve needs repairing at some point). If you do use MDMA, make sure you keep well hydrated and use something to lessen the risk of blood clots (eg low-dose aspirin). But I would advise you not to use if you're worried about your heart.

So if anyone with MVP wondering how it went, here is how it is. I decided to lower dosage a little, to about 100mg, and no boosters for my first time, just to be safe. My heart rate skyrocketed when I just took the substance, to about 130-140, but the drug did not kick in yet, it was pure anxiety. After about 30 mins, my heart rate have subdued to around 80, and was absolutely fine the entire trip. I did not feel any pressure on my heart whatsoever. In fact, it felt like it was actually much easier on my heart than simple weed. I had little to none side effects. I vomited at around +2h into the trip, but I figured that the reason for that was shisha, which I smoked like crazy without stopping(it was just so incredibly pleasurable, to the point where I just couldn't stop). I also had quite strong bruxism, I did took supplements including magnesium, but it did not help in this regard for some reason. I decided to go to sleep around midnight, and smoked some indica, which pretty much killed all the remaining MDMA effects in an instant. Barely had any visual and psychodelic effects on weed by the way, to the point where I'm not even sure I actually saw anything. Woke up around 4am with a crushing headache, but did fall asleep again quite easily. After that I woke up around 11am with headache almost gone by that point. I did not felt very hot in the morning, but around midday I was completely fine and my mood was fantastic.

All and all it was a great experience, and I, most likely, going to repeat it after 3 months has passed. Next time I'm going to take 120mg with booster, since the dosage was a little low in my opinion. If I remember about this thread at that time, I will report back here.

2CFC, thank you very much for you time and advices, much appreciated.