• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Does it bother anyone else how uptight partners get about opposite sex friends?

Why would he want to go on a romantic vacation with someone other than me? If he can answer that with a good answer then okay. But I find it hard to think of a good reason. But he can try. I'm open to the idea if there is a good reason. That's something I just couldn't think of a good reason. It is all depended on the exact situation.

my platonic male friend is going with me to a wedding in mexico for a week. his partner is fine with our trip. she knows me, we have hung out many times and she knows there is nothing between us. my friend has the vacation time, funds and desire to go on a beach vacation. his girlfriend does not, as she has a child from a previous relationship and can't easily take time off due to her job. my partners didn't want to go to the wedding, they don't enjoy the beach and don't want to waste their vacation days on a trip they wouldn't enjoy.

it isn't a romantic vacation per se. but we are sharing a room at an all inclusive resort for the week. since there are wedding festivities, we'll be doing a lot of things where we look like a couple.

I used to be uncomfortable in past relationship knowing my b/f would go over his friend's house and even slept over "on the couch" before and "nothing happened". They were too close for comfort IMO, but I tried to put the insecurities out of my mind.

I've been back in touch with my ex and asked him what happened to his friend. He said shortly after we broke up, she got a boyfriend. The boyfriend didn't like how he was in the picture so much so he gave her an ultimatum, "It's either HIM or ME!" So the friend stayed with her boyfriend and hasn't been speaking to him.

That only confirms I'm not the only one who felt like they were too close.

I'm really not a fan of that opposite sex friendship because I know how people are. Guys don't usually have friends who are females that they wouldn't fuck. Every single guy I have been friends with would not turn me down for sex. I already know that.

It definitely shows trust issues when people are uncomfortable with this, it does seem quite common though. One of my girlfriend's friends is her ex-boyfriend, they were very serious and together for 5 years but it ended 6 years ago now (it was 3 years when we started dating). They gradually just stopped feeling romantic with each other. She goes to trim buds for him (he's a grower) for 2 months every year, along with various other people. He comes to visit her/us too, once a year. He stays at her house. I have no worries at all. He's been in her life a lot longer than I have. If when I met him there seemed to be something going on between them I would feel differently, but I have never detected the slightest hint that they still have any feelings beyond a platonic love for each other. Also she never makes me feel less important to her than him or anyone else. If I made it a problem, it would be a problem because she would feel restricted and disrespected and untrusted, and those things would be true. I have respect for her, so I give her the benefit of the doubt and trust her implicitly. If she gave me any reason not to, I wouldn't. It's a case-by-case basis. She has some other good male friends who I haven't met who are scattered around the country... if she lived in the same place as any of them they'd hang out and be close too. I have male and female friends, and so does she.

My ex also had some male friends, she even very briefly dated one of our mutual friends shortly before we started dating. Never bothered me because I never got a sense that she would do anything with any of them, I trusted her too. She didn't trust me as much, she also would get really angry if me or anyone else mentioned any of my exes, which was weird and unfair to me since I never gave her any reason to not trust me either. It made me feel disrespected, and in fact it was disrespectful.

I dont know any males who are "good" friends with any females that they wouldn't shag given the opportunity. All I ask is that my chick acknowledges that those guys are hanging around for a reason. After many years and proving to her that guy who isn't attracted to her at all in her mind will drop everything to bang given the opportunity she finally understands lol

Not always the case at all. I've had various woman friends I've never wanted to bang, including one of my late dearest friends in the world (RIP Erin <3), never had the slightest desire to have sex with her, I never would have gone there. I have even found some of them attractive, but it just wasn't where I wanted to go with them.

Last edited:
I'm really not a fan of that opposite sex friendship because I know how people are. Guys don't usually have friends who are females that they wouldn't fuck. Every single guy I have been friends with would not turn me down for sex. I already know that.
I'm in this camp.

Even if a guy WOULD sleep with your girlfriend though, don't you trust HER? To me, lack of trust in that situation ultimately suggests you don't trust her, because unless the guy rapes her, it's her decision whether she goes for it or not.

I think that everybody feels a bit of jealousy and insecurity in a new relationship, but it should not be taken to extremes.

My last serious (and very mentally abusive) girlfriend would not even let me run to the corner for milk, and I'm not exaggerating! She never had any reason to personally distrust me like that, and it just got to be too much.

There are so many different factors that make a woman attractive to me, I have had female friends that I looked at in a number of different ways. If I caught my own eye beginning to wander too much, then there was probably something fundamentally wrong with the relationship I was in at the time.

Xorkoth: And yes, she had the no ex-speak rule too, no matter what context it was in. One time I said something like, "Catching her cheating on me was the best thing that ever happened because it led me to you." and she wouldn't speak to me for three days. I kid you not!

Take care!
Dreamflyer 8o

Even if a guy WOULD sleep with your girlfriend though, don't you trust HER? To me, lack of trust in that situation ultimately suggests you don't trust her, because unless the guy rapes her, it's her decision whether she goes for it or not.

Do I trust a girl that I hardly know to be around my boyfriend and not eventually have sex? Hell no! Girls have absolutely no problem sleeping with your man when they get a chance.

^^ Yeah, but you should trust your partner. Like, if a girl came on to me, I just wouldn't have sex with her, because I've agreed to be in a monogamous relationship. I always end up passing on girls at music festivals because my girlfriend rarely wants to go to them. Or after my band plays a show sometimes. Same deal, dudes hit on my girlfriend plenty. But I'm assuming she's not going to sleep with them, and she assumes I'm not gonna sleep with someone else. Doesn't matter whether you can trust these random people or not, because unless they're a rapist, the choice is up to your partner whether they have sex with them.

Wow dreamflyer, that sounds even more intense than my ex situation. 8o And that's saying something. Glad you're out of that, that shit is so fucked up.