Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Zaleplon/240mgs) - First Time - Old-Timey Cartoon

king kpin

Greenlighter
Zaleplon also known as Sonata is a sleeping pill used for insomnia. It is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic, and typically taken in dosed from 5mg to 20mg. I was prescribed these by my pdoc for insomnia, and I decided to take a few with my girlfriend at the time. I had 45 10mg pills. The script was to take 10 to 20mg at bed time, and I had no experience with sleeping pills though I read they were fun to take and stay awake on. So that's what we did. After reading online about some horror stories about Ambien, I decided I would take the 7 pills and put the rest in my car so I wouldn't take more. We took the pills at 10pm and After about 30 minutes my girlfriend and I started to feel it but we didn't feel that wild.

I Scrambled out to my car and proceeded to take 3 more and in another 15 minutes it started to work. Im currently 100mgs deep, with the lights out in my bed room. I have a poster that glows under black light and I decided to turn on the black light for a trippy vibe. No sooner do I lay back down and the poster is moving, at first it looks like an optical illusion, each time I move my eyes the bright neon colored lines of the poster seem to shift. The poster has a stick figure painted on it smoking a joint with a halo over his head. This is when things start to get weird, it looks like an old timey cartoon animation, suddenly the man smoking on the poster starts to dance and everything on the poster is shifting from one frame to another, back and forth in a predictable patrern. Like one of those animated gifs, with a few pictures that repeat themselves. My girlfriend sees the same thing and we are both laying on my bed staring at this poster for quite some time. Then I decide to take a few more, 14 more to be exact. I'm 240mgs deep in the matter of an hour and a half.

At this point my judgement was severely impaired and I didn't realize the danger of taking so many pills but none the less I take 14 and responsibly give my girlfriend 3 more.

Back to the bedroom we stare at the poster and wait for the pills we just took to kick in. This is when things get really weird. I knew it's possible to hallucinate from sleeping pills but what I saw next was incredible.

My apartment is on the bottom floor and my window is about 8 feet below the ground. I look out to a verticle concrete wall. Not much of a view but it lets in daylight.

This time though when I look out the window and there are rows and rows packed full of creepy nutcracker dolls. Like the weird kind dressed up in christmas colors. There are hundreds of them and they appear to go as far as my eye could see. The concrete wall was gone the window sill was gone, it was all black except for the dimly lit faces of the dolls that go on all the way to the horizon.

Im not scared at this point rather i feel as if the dolls have a profound significance, not happy not sad but extremely important and symbolic. I feel almost uneasy about how much importance they seem to project onto me. Almost intimidating. The dolls stare back at me. The closest ones being just out of arms reach the last ones being miles away. I grow tired of looking at the dolls, I look back toward my dancing friend on the wall. The neon colors of his body glowing under the blacklight. Hes dancing in a jolly back and forth manner.

I look out the window once more and this time the dolls are gone, the window frame has returned, but just outside as if in an underground aquarium, a giant squids eye and part of its body is visible. It stares back at me, again I feel he is of great significance, it must be 40 or 50 feet long in total but I only see a fraction through the window. For some reason I feel as if the giant squid is my spirit animal. We have a connection some how. He is a representation of myself. My mirror image. I look away and he is gone the concrete wall stares back at me and the poster seems to be losing some it's jollyness it's slowing down, the dancing is becoming more strained and tired. And I soon fall asleep.

I wake up the next morning a little groggy and missing many pills. I feel stupid for having taken so many, but I managed to hallucinate which for some reason makes it worth while.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_zaleplon
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't found anything online about this. But, Sonata is also incredibly good for opiate withdrawal! My dog snorts them and then feels all better. Especially, on those days when my dog has the bad shits and hot and cold sweats! It's awful but I'm so thankful that he found something to take, to make withdrawals....well, gone! ?

Hey there Princess, welcome to Bluelight. :) FYI, we don't use third person (my dog, etc) or SWIM here, as it makes posts annoying to read and offers no actual protection of any kind, legal or otherwise. Just FYI. :)

Didn't realize they work for opiate withdrawal, that's interesting.

Holy hell that's a lot of pills, glad you're okay.... I suppose since zaleplon works through a benzodiazepine binding site, and has a vaguely benzodiazepine-like structure despite being labeled a nonbenzodiazepine, it might not be that ridiculous to suspect that it might be relatively safe in overdose like other classical benzodiazepines, at least when taken by themselves and not with other depressant drugs. A quick search into zaleplon overdose data says that people have been known to recover before from doses over 200 mg, and deaths are very rare and generally occur from combinations.... That's interesting, I still wouldn't suggest pushing your luck but it's interesting to know that this atypical GABAergic is not only hallucinogenic but also relatively safe to push into the required doses for those effects with. I'll have to keep that in the back of my mind for now....

I hope you'll be a bit more careful in the future, but thanks for sharing this nonetheless.

Xorkoth, how do you know that I didn't actually mean, my dog? LOL! ? Just kidding! Thanks so much for the info! ?