• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy seeds levels??

JR2407

Greenlighter
Does anyone know what the levels would be for poppy seeds and someone who has used morphine.?

depending how many seeds your using mate I'm also thing the same question hopefully some one will give us the correct answer, welcome to BL btw pal.

While poppy seeds could theoretically be just as intense as any opiate and often are, the amount of morphine and codeine varies considerably between batches. This makes dosing difficult. While I'm not a big fan of opiates, it's not unusual for me to ingest morning glory seeds, which contain what is essentially a natural psychedelic called LSA, which is somewhat similar to LSD but more natural feeling and less confusing (for me at least). So, I can say first hand that different manufacturers of seeds and different batches vary greatly in terms of their chemistry. The thing with poppy seeds though is that if you take too much, you can overdose the same as you could with any other opiate. So, if the batch is stronger than you're expecting it could be very dangerous. However, if you choose to make poppy seed tea, I'd say the best way to do it would be to use a similar strategy to what I use when ingesting natural psychoactives of any kind (whether it be morning glory seeds, mushrooms, or any of the other things that I do) would be to take a small amount at first and gradually consume it to get to the level that you want to be at. Start with an amount that would be a threshold type dosage if the seeds were strong. Then, if you still wish to be higher, consume a similar additional amount after you've waited enough time for it to have taken affect. Gradually increase your dosage until you get where you want to be, and don't take the full amount at once. Also, from what I know, poppy seed tea stays in your system a good while so working up the dosage this way would work fine I'm imagining. Since I don't do opiates, I'm unfamiliar with the dosages of poppy seed tea. However, there is a poppy vault on erowid that has more detailed information. It's important to note that poppy seeds are NOT a safe alternative to opiates. They can be just as dangerous, as they are simply a natural version of morphine (mixed with codeine). The risk specific to poppy seed tea is the fact that there's no way of knowing the dosage, which can make them significantly MORE dangerous than taking pure morphine.