• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to not smoke everyday

best way to stop smoking might be running out of budget : )

otherways than that , i see no reason 2 stop

how to not smoke every day?
just don´t smoke every day! whata question!

I had the same issue: getting through way too much hash during the day.
The way I cut down was to set a certain time in the day to relax and smoke. I always have a nice smoke at 9pm, just before watching a movie. If I didn't have that rule with myself, I'd be getting through way too much in a week.

I had a problem with smoking everyday but then someone introduced me to vaping pens (for example this shop has a great choice and their support e-mail always answers my stupid questions https://www.migvapor.com/vaporizers/vape-pen)Then I tried different kind of juices and vaping every second day was more intriguing and fun than smoking weed, because I could try smoking different things and have fun with it, even invite my friends - there are so many cool juices you could try and have real fun without the drugs

Maybe a doctor can help you.
Also if you smoke for pleasure other than smoking because of your illnesses, then you need to find sober ways to achieve pleasure so that you won't smoke so much.
Good luck!

I tried not to smoke every day but my body always looks for it
thats why i try to not keep buying or whenever i need it i just go out and eat

^I've been considering that actually.

I find that I either smoke all day every day, or nothing at all. I am just getting back into weed and shatter since last autumn when I was overcome by heroin. I love weed too much not to smoke it all the time, plus I damn need it in opiate withdrawal (although, I am trying DMT for that today).

Shroomy, you serious? You're thinking of pickin' up on a tobacco habit to cut down on a weed one?

To each their own (I'm a smoker myself) but I really don't think you should consider tobacco at all. Sure, smoking anything'll help you satiate smoking cravings, but those cigarettes'll fuck you up in the long run. Straight up fuck. You. Up.

Thanks for that. I've been enjoying the odd cigarette for a while, maybe once a month. Since, I live around a lot of heavy smokers really.

Once I have my herb and shatter tomorrow, I'm sure I'll be more than satisfied.

At this point I'm just desperately trying to get off the opiates, and I should keep in mind that it wouldn't be worth picking up that habit.

Thanks for that. I've been enjoying the odd cigarette for a while, maybe once a month. Since, I live around a lot of heavy smokers really.

Once I have my herb and shatter tomorrow, I'm sure I'll be more than satisfied.

At this point I'm just desperately trying to get off the opiates, and I should keep in mind that it wouldn't be worth picking up that habit.

Maybe grab one of those disposable e-cigs for a temporary fix? I've no idea if they're available in England but I know the ones in the US definitely give you a decent hit of nicotine.

It's a shame that a substance that goes so well with pretty much every conceivable drug has become so poisoned over time. I really wish I could buy locally-grown cigarettes, but Big Tobacco (and/or the government, I'm not sure how all that went down in Maryland) bought all those farms out decades ago. :(

Maybe grab one of those disposable e-cigs for a temporary fix? I've no idea if they're available in England but I know the ones in the US definitely give you a decent hit of nicotine.

It's a shame that a substance that goes so well with pretty much every conceivable drug has become so poisoned over time. I really wish I could buy locally-grown cigarettes, but Big Tobacco (and/or the government, I'm not sure how all that went down in Maryland) bought all those farms out decades ago. :(
Dont screw around with the tosser ecig nonsense just smoke ciggarates

Dont screw around with the tosser ecig nonsense just smoke ciggarates

idk, man, basically on principle I don't trust people who joined this month just to make an entrance similar to yours within 5 posts on the forum.

you might be a good guy and all but experience tells me to be wary.

Lots of people vape (as in non cannabis vaping) to get off weed or cigarettes, if anything to fill in that, "I need to smoke something," desire.

I like to smoke cigars I have one about 2 or 3 a day they have such nice flavours to them and you can get different flavours!

You're giving me some food for thought dude. I like cigs because I am very anxious, but I find they feel really toxic. I can even feel it in my lungs the next day, it's nothing like weed. I take valerian extract and my friend recommended kava kava to me. She said that it's relaxing too.

So you're saying that it isn't really the tobacco itself that is bad for you as much as chemical additives? I bet they add all sorts of stuff to make them more addictive.

I have friends who roll their own cigarettes with well rolling papers same you would use for weed. They won't smoke pre-rolled ones from packs but I'm not sure if Canada has organic tobacco (I just know we have looseleaf stuff).

That's a good idea too, thanks! I think I'll stick with my shatter and live resin : ) once I am through heroin withdrawal I will sure have a lot more money to spend on pot, and up here I think it is going to be legal to grow a few plants indoors which would be phenomenal for me. Weed isn't addictive but growing the stuff sure is lol.

I'm interested in learning more about the tobacco industry now. I wonder if I would enjoy the drug, like maybe mixed with herb in a volcano or something like that (although it's boiling point is 477F which is a little too high).

Since writing that, I have had two 50mg DMT trips and a 1500 microgram AL-LAD trip, which really helped with my drug cravings. Coming off heroin well first of all I really wanted H but I was wanting to take any kind of psychoactive I could get. I'd have used coke or meth in a skipped heartbeat and I normally hate those. I'd have done Mdma too and I am very strict about my once every 2 year rule with that. Next up, I have 7 grams of beautiful looking big magic shroomies to eat up. Psychedelics have really helped with the drug cravings though, and I honestly feel like I new man. So refreshed and renewed and was I ever worn out. I'll be smokin a little weed and tripping, fuck cigs for now. Stupid idea but everyone around me seems to smoke them and the smell is atrocious. I guess they give some people stress relief, probably once you get addicted. No thanks haha, really dumb idea.

As far as the toxicity of tobacco, I honestly don't know. My opinion's shaped moreso but what I've been told/read myself throughout my life and my own experiences.

For what it's worth (and this is Wikipedia I'm about to link to so you always need to keep a salt-shaker handy) though, here's a list of cigarette/tobacco additives from US-produced cigarettes as of 1994:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_additives_in_cigarettes

The thing that always stuck with me is the fact that there are fucking radioactive chemicals that have been added to the things. They're apparently a leftover from the fertilization process but still, man, I'm not a fan of smoking lead and polonium (at least in theory... in practice I smoke a ton of that shit.)

As I recently learned from Blank/PotatoMan, though, it's debatable whether tobacco is even carcinogenic on it's own. Granted, I'm of the opinion that it absolutely is but Tater left me nearly shell-shocked when he told me that and sparked the curiosity that had me Googling everything tobacco-related for a day. I really wanna try my hand at home-grown tobacco, tbh. It's a cultural staple in my little pocket of Maryland and the curing/processing aspect of the tobacco farms around here always piqued my interest.

Also, I learned that you can get nicotine poisoning simply from handling raw/still-growing tobacco leaf. It mainly effects kids and migrant workers with little-to-no-protection but still, it's a thing that can totally happen and I never would've thought that on my own.

I'm glad things are going well for you, shroomy, and hope it only gets better from here on out.

Shroomy, you serious? You're thinking of pickin' up on a tobacco habit to cut down on a weed one?

To each their own (I'm a smoker myself) but I really don't think you should consider tobacco at all. Sure, smoking anything'll help you satiate smoking cravings, but those cigarettes'll fuck you up in the long run. Straight up fuck. You. Up.

+1

tobacco is nasty, nasty shit, and some people find it harder to kick than opiates.
if that alone isn't enough to deter you, just think about the health effects of long-term smoking. i've lost some people i really loved to smoking-related illnesses - and it ain't a painless death.
it's never a good idea to swap one addiction for another, but a whole raft of addictions is worse yet. i can totally relate to the idea that you need weed to help you get off (and stay off) opiates - i'm much the same, to be honest; weed helps a lot - but i totally agree that a smoking habit is not worth it, when it comes to weed consumption.
each to their own, of course (not raggin' on smokers - i don't mind the odd 'social' puff on a cigarette or cigar) - but tobacco takes an enormous toll on your health once you become addicted to it, and a lot of people really struggle to quit smoking - so i reckon it's best not to start, if you can help it.

Weed is something I can only smoke compulsively. I'm not even like that with cocaine. I had a gram of that on me all winter long making it last. I just really love being stoned out of my mind. I will blow through an ounce in a few days and it is so fucking stupid financially for me right now that it's just like fuck it.

Side effects at that level too. Absolutely.

So, I still make use of weed. For example. getting clean from heroin this past month I smoked about an ounce with a low tolerance. Now that I just feel like complete shit and I don't want to kill myself to escape it anymore, I don't need the weed anymore. I save it for when I'm really really stressed and never stay on it too long anymore. That's just how it is with me and drugs. I am a drug addict and that means I can't stop smoking bong rips because it's never ever enough for me as I am straight up downer drugs and weed mellows me out - weed, shatter, benzos, opiates that's all I like. And DMT, as it is short acting and typically quite sedating and introspective.

That's not to say it can't help. it helped me stop puking and dry heaving and also with constipation when a few weeks later I could finally eat again about 50% of what I normally would. When I was able to get out of bed for longer than five minutes. I went for a hike with my friend and she smoked pot, recently, but I wasn't interested. I use it for stress, it doesn't help my depression, ambition, chronic spine pain, panic attacks, budgeting, or really anything at all other than fucking off from reality for a while. Then I get used to it and I compuslively smoke and don't even feel high.

It's so stupid because if I could just wait until the end of the day, a third of a bowl would fuck my up with this chron. Instead, I have to fiend it until I can't even feel a cognitive shift anymore. It's so fucking stupid how I use weed so I almost always never do anymore. I was stoned for a decade anyway and I think that's enough. I hit a lot of DMT these days... that's more my kind of drug. I can control that one.

Last edited: